ADVERTISEMENT

Acr 38 Erwin 32

There's one thing here I think we can all agree on. The traditional power house teams in the MAC, Asheville and Reynolds, are gonna get a run for their money for quite a few years from Erwin. All in all this is a win win situation for all three programs. The better one gets, the better the others will get from having to play them year in and year out in conference.

Think about it.

That's very true cougar. This is a strong conference in the 3-A side.

Macfanb care to share some the rumors on next years scheduling?

I hear we could have a tougher non-conference next year! I hope we play some powerhouses early to get us ready for conference and playoffs.

the problem with the mac is that there is no middle. teams are either really good or just awful. the bottom 4 with the exception of tcr occasionally has no shot to beat the top 3 teams. enka,mcdowell,tcr and n.b really need to pick it iup

You can pretty much take Enka off the list. Yeah, they beat us a couple years ago but what do they have to show for it? I've never seen a school with a fan base and support like Enka has that has consistently bad teams year in and year out.

I know a lot has been said about Wilkens being a looser when he coached at Erwin, but the same can be said about Bucky Tarr when he coached at Enka He coached at Enka and they stank, but he goes to Erwin and turns them into a machine. When you have a new head coach and new scheme every 2 to 4 years it's impossible to build a winning program.

Originally posted by ehswarriors02:

Originally posted by plater84:

always been Reynolds fan.Always will be.last night game was a wakeup call.should have put foot on Erwins throat .no need tp be conservative.
Erwin dominated the los in the second half it wasn't Acr being conservative.
I agree. If the Chancey kid doesn't win DPOY for the conference, and all of WNC for that matter, there is something dead wrong. Kid made multiple open field tackles going from sideline to sideline on Rico. Great player... one of the best Erwin's had IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT