ADVERTISEMENT

Acr 38 Erwin 32

One of the best games of the year. And Erwin is going to be a handful for the next few years, good lord they have speed.

Erwin turned the ball over 4 times. That was the difference in the game. Erwin absolutely dominated the lines of scrimmage in the second half, but it wasn't enough.

We just made too many mistakes early. When you lose the turnover battle 4 - 0 against a good team it is really tough to come back, not to mention all the untimely penalties. Reynolds stayed focused and didn't turn it over and that was the difference. I really thought our defense played lights out the second half giving up just 3 points on a short field turnover. Chancey was a beast out there all night and he will be sorely missed along with the other Seniors who left it all out there tonight. His ability to go sideline to sideline is one of the best I've seen. I am really proud of how hard the kids fought all night and the Freshman and Sophomores made some great plays that really have me looking forward to the future. Considering we were picked 4th in the conference and finished second with a team that lost 23 Seniors and pretty much all of our offensive yardage is pretty good.

#10 for Reynolds made the plays when they needed them and I hate that we have to see him again next year. #44 also had a big game and made some big plays on both sides of the ball. Reynolds ability to pass the ball with Stafford is going to be a definite plus next week, however they didn't look as good the first time we played them on the offensive and defensive lines. Hopefully, the Rockets will represent next week and move on to the third round. It's a shame we had to play each other right off the bat because I feel both teams had the potential to make deep runs.

Great win for Reynolds, they got way ahead and got conservative and almost blew this game. Went up 35-17 and Erwin cut it to 35-32. We beat a good Erwin team tonight and they will be real tough next year. Not sure what grade Austin #7, #48 the Linebacker and #85 the WR are, but I hope they are seniors. If they come back next year Erwin will be extremely good.

Way go to Reynolds, we always say better to win in November than in September, we played a brutal schedule and it really paid off tonight. Lets get ready for next week and to quote the Legendary Coach Bobby Poss and try to go 1-0.

Yes ACR and the Refs won the game. Erwin had them beat with a late TD and the ref made a phantom call. A all out Brad about broke out and it would have been just. When a classy coach like Mike Sexton says on the radio "we were playing against 12 tonight" you know it was called bad. Why do we get Miks crew two years in a row they always screw us. I feel really bad for those seniors and they had to go out to such bad calls. We need to send that tape off to Raleigh and get them zebras fired!

This post was edited on 11/14 11:00 PM by ai1015

#48, 9#, #85, #70, #20 are some key guys we lose. Austin is a Junior and the majority of the offense and defensive lines are Sophomores along of course with the QB, other receivers and #6 is a Freshman. Erwin's schedule will be vastly different next year due to being dropped by some WHC schools along with East Rutherford. There is a rumor we could be picking up a Tennessee power along with a Charlotte area team that is pretty good as well. I don't think anything is confirmed, but I know they are working on the schedule now.

Are you stupid? We had it won late with the BS call. We overcame those 4 turnovers and were rewarded by being screwed. What game were you watching? I know a lot of fans at the fence before the game was over that was saying the same thing as me.

One call doesn't decide the outcome of a game. It was a bad call, but grow up and take the loss like a man.

Originally posted by ai1015:
Yes ACR and the Refs won the game. Erwin had them beat with a late TD and the ref made a phantom call. A all out Brad about broke out and it would have been just. When a classy coach like Mike Sexton says on the radio "we were playing against 12 tonight" you know it was called bad. Why do we get Miks crew two years in a row they always screw us. I feel really bad for those seniors and they had to go out to such bad calls. We need to send that tape off to Raleigh and get them zebras fired!

This post was edited on 11/14 11:00 PM by ai1015
I will be the first to point out a poorly called game, but I don't think that was. It definitely was not as bad as the Ashbrook game last year. Ehswarrior is right, the 4 turnovers killed us. That bobbled pass that fell right into the kid from Reynolds hands right before halftime really hurt us. All the other turnovers they forced or made great plays on. Unfortunately, we did not get the breaks tonight and you have to have some this time of year.

Then stop acting like a child throwing a tantrum. We lost is sucks for the seniors, the coaches, and the fans. Like I said one call doesn't change the outcome of an entire game.

nice post Warrior fan, as for ai1015 I know you are hurting now, but check the stats tomorrow and I will bet you Reynolds had more penalties. NO WAY Erwin threw the ball 30 times and never held, not once. Also, on your screen plays your wr's blocked while the ball was in the air all night long, that is offensive pass interference and they never called it once. The refs didn't beat you, a good football team and 4 turnovers did. Also both teams had a TD called back in the final minutes of the game and both calls looked good to me. Erwin had a very good team and they will be good again next year, they have a good program now and a long with Reynolds and Asheville are the top MAC programs now.

Like I said at that junction of the game that call cost them the game. If you graduated in 02 I probably played ball with you or did you play football in school?

How the hell do wet always get Mickey Lancaster to ref our games. He made a terrible call in the playoffs last season that really killed us. This guy needs to retire! I don't like blaming refs for a loss so I will leave it be. Congrats to Reynolds on the win. I had a bad feeling about this game from the second I seen the pairings last Saturday. These two teams should have not been playing in the first rd but oh well, it is what it is. Good luck next week. Very proud of this young team from Erwin. Watch out the next few seasons.

Erwin players have nothing to hang their heads about. Ya'll are young and are set up to be in really, really good shape for the next 2 or 3 years at least. I agree that it sucks that 2 really good MAC teams have to play each other in the 1st round, but it happened to us two years ago.

ai1050, just shut up man. You make your whole fan base look bad.

BD, I wasn't at the game obviously, but I agree with you about Micky. Ya'll aren't the only team he screws on a regular basis.

Cougar-90 you can kiss my a$$. I have a opinion and it is all valid points. If we would stop getting screwed then I would not be on here complaining. I just don't see a lot of passion from some of our fans. I call it like I see it and if they or you don't like it then don't read my posts.

This post was edited on 11/15 12:00 AM by ai1015

Yeah, this coming from a guy who last week said he had no respect for the Asheville players because of the way "they" acted.

No class man. None whatsoever.

Still have no respect for Asheville. I used to pull for them in the playoffs. I spent many years watching you guys in the playoffs. I will not root for you guys. Sorry I see no class every time we play you all.

Well to each his own man. Sorry you feel that way.

But as I said earlier, Erwin is in good shape for the next few years. I wish your players, coaches and 99% of your fan base nothing but the best. Your kids played way too hard for it to end this way and I hate it for them.

What was going on on Erwin's sideline after the game? I saw the deputies heading that way and a lot of yelling.

A assistant coach got into it with the ref that threw the phantom penalty. Then a player also got into it with the head ref. The player had not played all year and I don't remember his name or jersey number.

Originally posted by BD Warrior:
How the hell do wet always get Mickey Lancaster to ref our games. He made a terrible call in the playoffs last season that really killed us. This guy needs to retire!
Good to know its not just Franklin games he screws up

Originally posted by COUGAR-90:
Erwin players have nothing to hang their heads about. Ya'll are young and are set up to be in really, really good shape for the next 2 or 3 years at least. I agree that it sucks that 2 really good MAC teams have to play each other in the 1st round, but it happened to us two years ago.

ai1050, just shut up man. You make your whole fan base look bad.

BD, I wasn't at the game obviously, but I agree with you about Micky. Ya'll aren't the only team he screws on a regular basis.
Classy post. Asheville and Reynolds are the best two programs in the mountains but I think Erwin is heading in that direction.

Originally posted by RadioCheck:

Originally posted by BD Warrior:
How the hell do wet always get Mickey Lancaster to ref our games. He made a terrible call in the playoffs last season that really killed us. This guy needs to retire!
Good to know its not just Franklin games he screws up
Haha..How does he continue to get these big games. He is a Enka grad and takes his frustrations out on everyone else I presume.

Originally posted by GOBIGGREEN2005:
Also, on your screen plays your wr's blocked while the ball was in the air all night long, that is offensive pass interference and they never called it once.
Actually, it's not. When a pass, such as a screen pass, doesn't cross the LOS, the offensive players are allowed to block the defenders. By the same token, the defense can hit receivers behind the LOS while the ball is in the air and it's not DPI.

BTW ai1015, the NCHSAA office is in Chapel Hill, not Raleigh.

Ai just shut up man. I'm just wondering where Malik Palmer has been all season. He should have been starting back from from the get go. Very solid run game tonight. Good luck to Reynolds and Asheville. Despite the slow start for Reynolds they never gave up on the season. I'm curious about the Asheville game. Can any of the Asheville fans fill me in on why the game was so close for a half.

Shout out to that Poore kid. We have been waiting on some big plays from him and he certainly stepped up last night. Kid is only a freshman.

Mickey sucks. Always has and always will. He has had to been black listed from refing any team but yet keeps coming. We have had our share of his bad calls.

Sound like a great and hard fought game, leave it to AI to get all pissy about it. Next thing you know he will threaten you and tell you his wrestling stats lol. Hope the trailer park skank didn't get beasted last night like this time last year AI. Nice season Erwin fans, lot to be excited about in the future.

Brotherhood95,

The Asheville game was close in the first quarter because it was cold and the refs cheated. haha
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Nah, we came out with the big head thinking this was a cakewalk, plain and simple. I think it took about 15 minutes for our guys to wake up and realize that there was actually a football game going on. Any team coached by DK should not be taken lightly. Actually, if he had a few more athletes that could have been a pretty good team.

Originally posted by ehswarriors02:
Shout out to that Poore kid. We have been waiting on some big plays from him and he certainly stepped up last night. Kid is only a freshman.
He should have been a lot more this season. You see what happens when he gets some touches.

I for one am so proud if this entire program. At the beginning of the year nobody would have dreamed of the team we ended up with.

Now moving forward it looks like the future is very very bright. There is a lot of talent in this program, and my hat goes off to our coaching staff for making Erwin one of the better programs around.

Erwin will be the team to beat in the MAC next year. I wonder why AJ Logan didn't get many carries. It is a shame TCR got seeded as a conference chamo when they finished 5th. ACR should have been a higher seed than 13.

This post was edited on 11/15 10:25 AM by artvandelay

always been Reynolds fan.Always will be.last night game was a wakeup call.should have put foot on Erwins throat .no need tp be conservative.

Originally posted by plater84:

always been Reynolds fan.Always will be.last night game was a wakeup call.should have put foot on Erwins throat .no need tp be conservative.
Erwin dominated the los in the second half it wasn't Acr being conservative.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT