ADVERTISEMENT

A question

pslown

Apr 14, 2007
Why are only seniors allowed to play in the East-West All Star games held each summer?

A answer.............actually it's a guess......It may have something to do with the amount of practice time an athlete gets in the preseason. Underclassmen can only practice the allowed amount and are not allowed to have full contact til August 5th I believe. BTango would know the answer since mine is an educated guess.

A answer.............actually it's a guess......It may have something to do with the amount of practice time an athlete gets in the preseason. Underclassmen can only practice the allowed amount and are not allowed to have full contact til August 5th I believe. BTango would know the answer since mine is an educated guess.
I believe it pertains to eligibility to continue high school play. Seniors have exhausted theirs when the football season ends.

Reactions: tigertown21
It has been that way since the beginning. Why would a coach want his player playing in a meaningless game the week before practice starts.

The players that play are no longer under the high school eligibility rules. Juniors would be.

The big time college recruited players do not play now. Several years ago when the elite players played there was no use to think about putting a junior on the team.

The game has become irrelevant to some but others still appreciate it.

Reactions: tigertown21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT