ADVERTISEMENT

A good Guy needs your Prayers

KM2ASU

May 21, 2007
I know this isn't Play-Off talk, but just wanted to share something with this community. We all get excited about High School Football each year. Sometimes expectations are reached and sometimes they are not.

The same happened this past Tuesday for one of our long time Kings Mountain Assistant coaches. Jeff Putnam, (Coach Putt) to almost everyone, hadn't been feeling well for quite some time. After numerous trips to the Doctor, and Tests, it was determined he had a pretty good size cancerous tumor on his kidney.

Surgery was scheduled for Nov 29, and expectations were supposedly very good, but once the surgeon got in there, things were worse than they first thought. Not only were they not able to do the surgery to remove the kidney and tumor, but Coach Putt's over all health has backslid a little.

Coach Putt has been a staple in the KM community at all levels of Coaching and Umpiring for 30 years.

This is a guy who has given back to his community, and everyone has shared in his pain as his wife Sharon has fought back Cancer for years. These two have given countless hours of their time running the KM Optimist. I know they are hard working, caring people, proud people, and they would not ask for help unless they needed it.

For the last couple of years, Coach Putt has been a full time Substitute Teacher and Coach. For the time being he will be out of work. For the long term, we still don't know.

I know this is the Christmas Season, and times can be hard, but I just thought there may be some of you, who may be looking for that extra "Joyful Gift" to give.

https://www.gofundme...ancer-treatment

The giving is your choice of course, but if nothing else, can you put Coach Putt in your Prayers!

Thanks

Thanks guys.....I don't want to bog down the board, but I may try to keep this pushed towards the top until tomorrow's games.

I thought about issuing a $5.00 challenge on the Gofundme....using your NCPrep name. Every team out there has those Assistants that do it for practically nothing. Just thought it would be a way to say thank you.

Thanks guys.....I don't want to bog down the board, but I may try to keep this pushed towards the top until tomorrow's games.

I thought about issuing a $5.00 challenge on the Gofundme....using your NCPrep name. Every team out there has those Assistants that do it for practically nothing. Just thought it would be a way to say thank you.
I'm in!

Reactions: KM2ASU
Some of you I know, Others I don't, but your generosity is greatly appreciated. Almost every school has a Coach Putt.....Hometown guy who played and graduated, sons played and graduated, and now he coaches for practically nothing, because he loves the sport, the kids, the school, and the Town. Thanks again....I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

I know sharon and i know there is not a better family around .....thanks for the thread. it goes to show just how small football is .....God Bless coach put.

I know this isn't Play-Off talk, but just wanted to share something with this community. We all get excited about High School Football each year. Sometimes expectations are reached and sometimes they are not.

The same happened this past Tuesday for one of our long time Kings Mountain Assistant coaches. Jeff Putnam, (Coach Putt) to almost everyone, hadn't been feeling well for quite some time. After numerous trips to the Doctor, and Tests, it was determined he had a pretty good size cancerous tumor on his kidney.

Surgery was scheduled for Nov 29, and expectations were supposedly very good, but once the surgeon got in there, things were worse than they first thought. Not only were they not able to do the surgery to remove the kidney and tumor, but Coach Putt's over all health has backslid a little.

Coach Putt has been a staple in the KM community at all levels of Coaching and Umpiring for 30 years.

This is a guy who has given back to his community, and everyone has shared in his pain as his wife Sharon has fought back Cancer for years. These two have given countless hours of their time running the KM Optimist. I know they are hard working, caring people, proud people, and they would not ask for help unless they needed it.

For the last couple of years, Coach Putt has been a full time Substitute Teacher and Coach. For the time being he will be out of work. For the long term, we still don't know.

I know this is the Christmas Season, and times can be hard, but I just thought there may be some of you, who may be looking for that extra "Joyful Gift" to give.

https://www.gofundme...ancer-treatment

The giving is your choice of course, but if nothing else, can you put Coach Putt in your Prayers!

Thanks

Should share on other football boards as well, some people only read the boards for the classification they're in. The NC Preps family seems to be good hearted when it comes to stories like this.

Update before all the games start.....Coach Putt is Home resting. Chemo for 6 months, then try the surgery again. Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers, and donations so far......

Good Luck if your Team is still playing

I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to any of you who took the time to Pray, and to those who donated to Coach Putt. Coach Putt's journey ended last night at home in his own bed (like he wanted).

Many family, friends, and players came by to see him over the last two days. He told us he was ready......Godspeed.....RIP.....Atta Baby!

I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to any of you who took the time to Pray, and to those who donated to Coach Putt. Coach Putt's journey ended last night at home in his own bed (like he wanted).

Many family, friends, and players came by to see him over the last two days. He told us he was ready......Godspeed.....RIP.....Atta Baby!
I knew it was getting close and i am sorry to hear this. May the Lord give the family (and the KM football family) the Peace that passes all understanding during this difficult time.

Reactions: beamer24
You always hate losing friends, coaches and loved ones but it is comforting to know that he is in no more pain. Prayers to the KM family and this man's family. It is obvious he was well loved in his community.

Condolences from Central Cabarrus. We have definitely been in prayer.

Condolences from Central Cabarrus. We have definitely been in prayer.

DKJ...you remember that you have a Jeff Putnam story...lol

All American Bowl in KM, downtown restaurant?

Hate to hear about Coach Putt's passing... Just this morning KMASU2 and myself were talking about him and the visit the KM basketball team made to his home yesterday. He mustered up the strength to come outside on the porch to greet these kids he loved...So sad, but we cant take comfort knowing he suffers no more...

Prayers for the Family, the KM family and friends of Coach Putnam

Prayers out to Putt his family and the KM community. Difficult losing those special folks that have been around our programs for year unselfishly giving to other.

we have lost a special person a man that gave to others so freely, he will sorely be missed by the km community.

Gentlemen, God creates us and God calls us home. Praise that call home! By all accounts, Coach Putt was spiritually ready. The key is to be ready. Death becomes life much grander if you're ready.

God bless Coach's family and loved ones, for their hurt is earthly. Know well, Coach Putt is in his glory and wishes them no pain.

Always be ready like Coach Putt, gentlemen!

Gentlemen, God creates us and God calls us home. Praise that call home! By all accounts, Coach Putt was spiritually ready. The key is to be ready. Death becomes life much grander if you're ready.

God bless Coach's family and loved ones, for their hurt is earthly. Know well, Coach Putt is in his glory and wishes them no pain.

Always be ready like Coach Putt, gentlemen!
Great post seadog. And amen brother.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT