ADVERTISEMENT

6-0 Murphy at 6-0 Robbinsville

Got to go with Robbinsville @ home and hopefully Mount Airy @ home against East Surry. It's going to be a long week ! These 2 games will be the biggest for SMC & The NWC.

Reactions: sbbbfan
It will be a war !
Both teams are deep at every position offense & defense. Both teams have at least 6 running backs. Both QBs can throw & run. Kicking game will go to Robbinsville
Players will decide this classic

Reactions: BK13T-$
I think this will be the first of 2 meetings between them. Second meeting should determine who represents the west in the state finals. And with the screwed up playoff seedings that may be in the first round. As for this one, I will go with Robbinsville. Both teams are loaded as usual and the game should be close.

Go Mountaineers

Reactions: UNC91
No need for any talking this week. Both teams know what’s ahead. Go play the game. No matter the outcome both are gonna have to strap it up and do it again a few weeks later.

Reactions: UNC91 and mhs95
I would have thought Andrews would have played Robbinsville closer. Knights are clearly the team to beat. Title Town clinches conference by two or more scores.

Reactions: UNC91
I would have thought Andrews would have played Robbinsville closer. Knights are clearly the team to beat. Title Town clinches conference by two or more scores.
Andrews running backs couldn't hardly get out of the backfield and when they tried to pass the Knights pass rush was devastating on Andrews quarterback

I really hope I'm wrong and end up looking like a fool but I just don't think Murphy has the personnel defensively to win this one without a lot of help from Robbinsville (turnovers/penalties).

The loss of Rayburn can not be understated, without him Murphy's d-line has been unable to generate any sort of consistent pass rush and that in turn has exposed a linebacking unit and secondary that is weak in pass coverage (losing Smith at corner hurt too). In Rayburn you dont lose the best defensive player in the conference, one of the very best d-lineman I've ever seen in this conference, and not feel it and make no mistake, they have felt it.

What the Cherokee QB did last night on the ground and through the air was probably just a prelude to what Collins will do, except Collins has many more weapons around him and a better line blocking for him. I just think Robbinsville has too many weapons on offense in general for this Murphy defense to contend with.

Last edited:
I don't know why they will even play Friday after reading all of these posts. Just give the win to Robbinsville. Murphy is probably ready to give up and scared to death. Robbinsville by 50. Go ahead and send the Knights the msg its a week off.

Murphy can definitely win this game. I’m not one of those folks. I like our offense. We scored on every offensive drive except one at the very end of the game if I’m not mistaken Friday, it was a machine against Cherokee. We have the the bend but don’t break defense at times but I like our chances.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gentle Knight
This game will probably be decided by a td either way..No Robbinsville fans with any knowledge of the game is making statements claiming victory. The Knights will have their hands full.
Murphy is favored in this game according to most polls

Reactions: UNC91 and BK13T-$
This game will probably be decided by a td either way..No Robbinsville fans with any knowledge of the game is making statements claiming victory. The Knights will have their hands full.
Murphy is favored in this game according to most polls

I don’t think Murphy should be favored. It’s in rville against the defending state champs. I also don’t have a problem saying I think rvilles defensive front may be the best in 1A. I just think Murphy’s offense is pretty good at this point. No super stars, just kids that play hard every play. Will it be enough against the knights front? I don’t know. But I’m pretty confident in the Dogs chances Friday as I’m sure rville is in theirs.

I have to disagree the outcome will never be in doubt

Last edited:
..and I know what you mean
This program is cursed. I know everyone deals with things but the injuries and attrition Murphy has experienced the last several years is extreme, it always seems to happen at the worst possible time too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gentle Knight
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT