ADVERTISEMENT

5-0 STARMOUNT @ 5-0 MOUNT AIRY

So those teams have no posters that get carried away? prlyes you have always hated MA and have always called us the big fish in a little pond, you have said several times MA wouldnt do good in another part of NC or in 2 A and you know it dosent have shi$ to do with respect for fans. You just hate MA!
Look Stud, I have plenty of respect for MA's football program. It's you and a few others that people have no respect for.

Reactions: T-ville Bulldawgs07
Look Stud, I have plenty of respect for MA's football program. It's you and a few others that people have no respect for.
MA football has never had the respect the program deserves because of their fan base.
You have talked down for years to the success of MA Football. Always saying they were big fish in little pond and had no competition in this area. Always saying they could not compete in a larger area of the state. Trying to see your respect in your comments!

Starmount will come up and play hard. Win, lose, or draw, I’m riding with my Rams.
We would have it no other way. And I agree they will come and play very hard, as they should.
And if you come a little early, we would like to have you come joins us for our tailgating. Bring nothing but a chair.

Reactions: buzzcoach
College Sports Sport GIF by Sealed With A GIF
Los Angeles Football GIF by Sealed With A GIF

Several of us Bear fans went to Boonville last evening to see the Rams before next week.
With absolutely no disrespect intended, I was actually surprised and a little disappointed in both teams.

While Allegheny is much better than the last couple of years and certainly miss #20 not playing, they simple are not a upper tier team this year. But they did not stop trying and giving it their all. There numbers appear to be on the up swing and that is really a good sign for future development of the program.

With the Starmount's Coach having the history of success that he has, I expected a very disciplined team. That is not what I saw. Multi unsportmanship calls and more could have been called, maybe should have been called. The sad part is when you are completely dominating a team, why did a couple of the players want to act like thugs? Even more to the point, why would the Coach tolerate it?

From a skill point of view, Starmount has good size across the the whole team. The QB has reasonably good speed, has a strong arm, and runs well and is the focal point of the team. Defense against Allegheny was very strong. Kicking was not a strong point with no kickoff going past the 20 yard line I do not think.

It appeared that the players are beginning to understand the offense that the Coach wants played. Special teams were not yet a high light of the team.

If Mt Airy has 3 or 4 of the 5 starters back next week that did not play last night, Starmount will not fair well and I believe Mt Airy will have their 6th running clock by halftime. The strength and speed that the Bears have will do damage and do it quickly. If those starters are not back, then Mt Airy wins by 4 or more touchdowns.
Simmons has Mt Airy by 39. We must have a lot of the same thoughts except I repeat, If Mt Airy has every body back, Mt Airy by 42 at the half.

Reactions: Orange01
I hope for a good game. Starmount is on the up this year, but don't know that it will help much. They always play hard and tough. I have always thought of Starmount as grinders and grit kind of team. I try to be a level head. With that said, Simmon's prediction and a running clock by games end doesn't seem that crazy to me (by half would be a stretch against Starmount I think). MA has won by over 35 the past 3 years. They won by 36 last year and Starmount had a great RB in Dezern only scoring once. MA returned pretty much everyone and they didn't just sit around during the off season. They are stronger and have even more depth this year. It may not happen, just saying I don't think it's crazy to think it may happen.

Unfortunately, this may be the only game in the MA schedule that will give any indication as to how good they actually can be until the later rounds of the playoff. I really do wish they had some really hard games as it would be fun to watch. I also think this game will indicate how good Starmount is. I know they are a good solid team. If they keep it within 14 to 21, I think they are competing with everyone else to be in the Western region champship game. If it's a blowout, I still think they are a round 2 or 3 team. Just one guys opinion to be considered as you will.

Really what will new conferences look like?
Not sure but Mt Airy and East Surry close ADM will definitely be in same conference. East is only in 2A because of Wells Fargo points. Several 1A schools much larger.

Wouldn't necessarily be a split conference if they are going to 7 divisions. Not sure how the division lines would be drawn, but all of those may be 2a with 7 divisions.

I think everyone in that conference would love it and would benefit us fans too. All the Surry county schools would get to kept their rival games and free each up for scheduling good out of conference games for us. Starmount and Forbush get a guaranteed UnifiBowl. Travel and gates would be good. Simple trips up and down 52 and 601 or 77, or across 421 West Stokes. Would be a fairly strong and competitive in all sports really. Elkin would probably get an out of conference from each. Like I said though, in my ideal world, probably not happening.

I would think that would leave a 1a conference of East Wilkes, Elkin, North Stokes, South Stokes, Alleghany, ?North Wilkes?, ?West Wilkes?

Reactions: kingbluedevil
In my ideal world, North Surry, East Surry, Surry Central, Mount Airy, West Stokes, Starmount, Forbush.

I would think that would leave a 1a conference of East Wilkes, Elkin, North Stokes, South Stokes, Alleghany, ?North Wilkes?, ?West Wilkes?

These conferences wouldn’t work. In this scenario, the Stokes schools would stay together. Also you’re missing Wilkes Central and probably Ashe County too with the next realignment. You could probably get away with putting them with the Catawba Valley area schools. Think Wilkes Central is geographically and demographically more in that region than they are in the northwest (am a GIS major working in commercial planning lol) North Surry, Surry Central, Forbush, Wilkes Central will all likely be in a conference together though. I think the conferences will look a lot like they used to.

I would love to see East Surry, MA, West Stokes, and Starmount all in a conference though.

Last edited:
Weakest conference in NC . Everyone always says that until playoff time? The western region has been represented by Surry county and the NW1A how many times the last ten years? All the other conferences are so strong that they can’t even make the 2nd / 3rd round anymore. SMH - that has me laughing!!!!!

Reactions: sbbbfan
Not sure what Wilkes Central numbers are, but would think they might be 3a. Would probably put them in a conference with Patton, Draughn(no business in 1A), East Burke, West Caldwell, ?Hibriten?, Newton-Conover, Ashe. I went to Hibriten and know Wilkes Central was in our conference when I was in school.

It's all speculation without knowing where they would draw ADM division and the numbers. Just having some fun guessing.

Uhm unless something changes EW is the only 1A school in wilkes. WW and NW are both around 700 as far as ADMs go. If you didn’t count online students East would be in the low 400s according to some people at the school.

As much as i would love to see Starmount pull the upset I don't think that's going to happen. Starmount struggled against a pretty weak Trinity bulldogs. 43-30 early this year.

Reactions: thekidd12
Thank God it is finally Friday!
And long with Friday comes Friday night!
There is truly a God in Heaven and I heard HE MAY BE at our Tailgating this evening.

But, despite Deana being invited, I have not heard YET if she will break bread with us this evening.
In all seriousness we would love to have you join us. We will start eating at around 5:30 in the parking lot in front of the home entrance gate.

Thank God it is finally Friday!
And long with Friday comes Friday night!
There is truly a God in Heaven and I heard HE MAY BE at our Tailgating this evening.

But, despite Deana being invited, I have not heard YET if she will break bread with us this evening.
In all seriousness we would love to have you join us. We will start eating at around 5:30 in the parking lot in front of the home entrance gate.
Need to find out her favorite desert and see if we can entice her with that. We promise to act civilized.

Thanks for the invite. I will be parking on the visitor side. I have bad knees so it’s kinda difficult for me to walk over there. I will see.
Add a bad back with your bad knees and we both are in bad shape ! Sorry, you are having those problems also. Where are the good ole days when I ran up and down the fields taking pictures ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT