ADVERTISEMENT

4A West Predictions Round 3

mrhonda

Nov 12, 2012
Last week in this bracket, Grimsley looked impressive in their win over Mooresville. And Porter Ridge pulled through as they were one of my two upset alert picks who went on to win. Porter Ridge pulled off something that's very difficult to do. They went on the road to Page and pulled out a win. East Forsyth again looked impressive in their 42-6 win over Glenn. Last week, I went 3-1 in this bracket and am 6-2 for the playoffs. This week's predictions are below as I have another upset alert in this bracket. No, it's not against East Forsyth.

East Forsyth 41 Grimsley 14

Porter Ridge 31 West Mecklenburg 29

I agree especially with W Mecks injuries. Will be glad this will be the last potential rematch game for EF.

These games can be dangerous and you're right Grimsley does look better and playing with a lot of confidence.

That coach is changing the culture there.

East Forsyth will win the Western finals going away this year! Willert is doing a solid job. No disrespect to the remaining teams, just no heavy hitters in there way. None of these teams will give them a game.

East Forsyth vs Porter Ridge

East Forsyth 38
Grimsley 7

Porter Ridge 27
West Meck 21

East Forsyth will win the Western finals going away this year! Willert is doing a solid job. No disrespect to the remaining teams, just no heavy hitters in there way. None of these teams will give them a game.

It's the playoffs. Take nothing for granted. These teams we play going forward have nothing to lose and will pull out all kinds of trickery and gadget plays.

That's equally as dangerous as a top tier opponent if you're not mentally ready to play.

There will be no gadget plays from Porter Ridge or Grimsley for that matter. They will line up and run the ball right at you. Porter Ridge has been right on the door step for a couple years as well. Maybe the 2nd best team in the 4a bracket on paper. If EF and PR win this week next weeks game will be the State Championship in my mind.

There will be no gadget plays from Porter Ridge or Grimsley for that matter. They will line up and run the ball right at you. Porter Ridge has been right on the door step for a couple years as well. Maybe the 2nd best team in the 4a bracket on paper. If EF and PR win this week next weeks game will be the State Championship in my mind.

I expect Grimsley to come with some new wrinkles considering very little worked the first time. They ran at us the first time with little success. They have nothing to lose and teams that have that mindset usually produce some new wrinkles.

There coach (Grimsley) seems to be too good a coach to do exactly what they did the first time especially since it didn't work. We saw the News and Record article about riding their RB all the way to EF. I believe they'll attempt some of that with some things we haven't seen. They won't make it easy for us.

I expect PR to do what they do considering our unfamiliarity with each other if we both make it.

Coach Brown has a bunch of tricks. He might have not shown them yet but was known for a few at SG.

Reactions: Veejay4
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT