ADVERTISEMENT

4A Pendulum has swung East

portcity FB

Nov 8, 2004
For the past few year the East has been getting hammered about how weak the 4A football was compared to the West and rightfully so. With many 4A West teams dropping to 3AA the pendulum has swung back to the east. Below is a playoff projection and I feel it is pretty accurate other than we don't know the ADM's yet. In parenthesis we see where each school is projected to finish in their conf.

4A East
1-Scotland County(1) vs BYE; 8-Sanderson(2) vs 9-Seventy-First(WC)

4-South View(1) vs BYE; 5-South Central(1) vs 12-High Point Central(WC)

3-Cardinal Gibbons(1) vs BYE; 6-Heritage(2) vs 11-Ragsdale(WC)

2-Hoggard(1) vs BYE; 7-Glenn(2) vs 10-Purnell Swett(WC)
5- 1st place, 3- 2nd place, 4- WC

4A West
1-Harding(1) vs BYE; 8-Mooresville(WC) vs 9-R.J. Reynolds(WC)

4-East Forsyth(3) vs BYE; 5-Hickory Ridge(WC) vs 12-Reagan(WC)

3-Vance(2) vs BYE; 6-Davie County(WC) vs 11-West Charlotte(WC)

2-McDowell County(1) vs BYE; 7-Porter Ridge(WC) vs 10-East Mecklenburg(WC)
2- 1st place, 1- 2nd place, 1- 3rd place, 8- WC
McDowell will probably be an underdog in its game against the winner of PR-EM

I really think 71st finishes 2nd in SAC. but, that would still leave them as the 8 seed. It would be pretty bad for them and Scotland to have to go at it in the second round....I think they are the 4th best team in the east outside of haggard and heritage....though they could beat any of those teams on the right night with their style of play.

One wild card here is Apex Friendship. Being a new school, where do they end up in ADM? They may be 4A this year, but they will likely be 4AA very soon. if Apex Friendship stays 4A, that pushes Glenn west and moves 71st for a second round matchup with Hoggard that I think would be a very good game.

Last edited:
I really think 71st finishes 2nd in SAC. but, that would still leave them as the 8 seed. It would be pretty bad for them and Scotland to have to go at it in the second round....I think they are the 4th best team in the east outside of haggard and heritage....though they could beat any of those teams on the right night with their style of play.

One wild card here is Apex Friendship. Being a new school, where do they end up in ADM? They may be 4A this year, but they will likely be 4AA very soon. if Apex Friendship stays 4A, that pushes Glenn west and moves 71st for a second round matchup with Hoggard that I think would be a very good game.
There are probably a hand full of teams who still have a shot and AF is one of them. They have Garner, MC, FV and Apex and all 4 are ranked higher as of now.

If Heritage can pull the upset all the top five could
drop down one, it would be close at the very top
for the overall 1.
Yes. Very close. I think SC conf is more difficult and if they run the table and I had a vote I would give them the higher seed based on that.

Wake Forest will be dancing on the cut line all season as well. The 4A East bracket would look very good with WF added in there.

I think there is a chance WF goes small. I have heard Heritage has gained 300 kids or so and they may go big. They may both go big, they may both go small.

They looked pretty good last year in the title game,
I guess its tainted cause they didn't beat a Meck County team in the title game. A Meck county team wasn't there last year. With all your teams and being a huge percentage of the
bracket your title game odds are very reasonable every year.

They looked great and its not tainted one bit. Lets not make them out to be more than they are though.

FYI- Wake County has more schools and they have one title since 1987. How are those odds?

I don’t see WF going small...they are still adding schools in wake county, so the schools are still growing in size. I don’t see WF being any different.

Wake plays great defense and good sound fundamental football on offense. They don't make you stand up in the seat, unless you're old school like me lol. But they are a formidable opponent and tough out for anyone... If they go small I would consider them the favorites. They won last year and have experience against Mallard Creek in big games, which helps.

I think Wake Forest will be on the line as well all year, but eventually will be 4AA. The 4A West/East line is interesting right now because cross town rivals East Forsyth and Glenn are on opposite sides because that is where the line is right now. I think its very tough in the East where your top 8 seed right now are all either 1st or 2nd place teams and in the West only the top 3 seeds are either 1st or 2nd in their conference with one of the schools being McDowell who will probably win 2 games this year and get a 1 seed because they are in a split conference with South Caldwell

I think WF will be small 4a this year. Heard their admin numbers were smaller this year. With them being small I dont see no team in the east that could beat them

I have a friend that is an assistant coach at a Wake County school. He said Wake Forest ADM # is higher than last year. Makes sense with Rolesville now established for multiple years and all the homes they are building in WF area....for what it's worth the same coach told me last September that WF would go small and they didn't.

I have a friend that is an assistant coach at a Wake County school. He said Wake Forest ADM # is higher than last year. Makes sense with Rolesville now established for multiple years and all the homes they are building in WF area....for what it's worth the same coach told me last September that WF would go small and they didn't.

If The Creek makes it out of the West. I would love to see them match up against WF. The bracket's moving to 48 instead of 64, it will definitely move some 4AA teams down to 4A.

I guess we will see...knowing what I know about Wake County, I don't see anyone of the Raleigh (excluding eastern Wake County) city limits having a reduction in ADM.

Per article below, 81 new home permits opened in Wake Forest in August alone. Now, this area would be split with Heritage and WF, but both likely go up this year in ADM.

http://wakeforestgazette.com/new-bank-81-new-homes-permitted-august/

In July, 94 new home permits were opened. That's a pace of nearly 1,000 homes a year.

Actually I agree. I see Scotland coming west. Dudley, CC, Parkland, SWG, JMR,Kannapolis, Mt. Tabor being 3a. Scotland without a doubt will be west

I think there are more 4A West teams to qualify than 4A East teams. If Apex Friendship doesn't qualify than Glenn, HPC, and Ragsdale goes East. The only way I see SC going West is if 4 teams that we think are going 4AA end up going 4A.

I think WF will be small 4a this year. Heard their admin numbers were smaller this year. With them being small I dont see no team in the east that could beat them
Saw them Early in the year I think if they go small Scotland will beat them.

Harding vs Scotland! Would be a serious battle. Top Rb of 2018 vs top rb 2019.......What a game that would be. I wouldn't dare try and pick the winner.

Reactions: sikner51
The only way Harding will beat us will be coaching, we could hv beat the creek but the coach chose not to turn the Zeus loose.

Blue &
Lol...So now WF should be feared?? Please
Last time WF played a Meck county team they had 2 future NFLers and still lost by 2 TDs.

Blue & Gold looking Dumb Again! need to your home work Son! Yes you got Sunned....West Forsyth has beat the last 4 Mecklenburg teams they faced in the playoffs. 2015 took out North Meck & Myers Park then lost to East Forsyth and Last year they took out Lake Norman & South Meck before losing to Page!

One thing for sure that’s a FACT !!! Mallard Creek has NEVER beat West Forsyth

Blue &

Blue & Gold looking Dumb Again! need to your home work Son! Yes you got Sunned....West Forsyth has beat the last 4 Mecklenburg teams they faced in the playoffs. 2015 took out North Meck & Myers Park then lost to East Forsyth and Last year they took out Lake Norman & South Meck before losing to Page!

Hey clueless. Read the thread. WF= Wake Forest not West Forsyth. Why would anyone even bring up West Forsyth in a state title conversation?

Blue &

LOL youre trying to make beating South Meck or North Meck an accomplishment. Laughable. Beat the Creek, Butler, Vance or Catholic then talk.
Also WF= Wake Forest. Read the thread dude.

Im hearing WF numbers are up 200 as is Heritage. That would put WF in 4AA for sure and Heritage may be right on the cut line.

Here are last years ADMs
1-Scotland County(1)1623 vs BYE; 8-Sanderson(2)1935 vs 9-Seventy-First(WC)1634

4-South View(1)1932 vs BYE; 5-South Central(1)1612 vs 12-High Point Central(WC)1703

3-Cardinal Gibbons(1) vs BYE; 6-Heritage(2)1916 vs 11-Ragsdale(WC)1643

2-Hoggard(1)1848 vs BYE; 7-Glenn(2)1577 vs 10-Purnell Swett(WC)1717

WF-1991
MC-2301
GH- 2786
RC-2210
NWG-2237
FV-2241
AD-2153
PC-2201
Mill-2408
JB-1991
LR-2523
Laney-2283

"One thing for sure that’s a FACT !!! Mallard Creek has NEVER beat West Forsyth"

West Forsyth would have to be a contender before any Elite program could beat them......Baby Steps! :) Same as saying they never beat Reagan!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT