ADVERTISEMENT

32 Undefeated Teams in NC

Deana, I'd like to add Shelby to this list. After all, they were playing an out of state team. Also, they didn't even score a point. So, did the game really happen? Just trying to help my Shelby brothers out!

Deana, I'd like to add Shelby to this list. After all, they were playing an out of state team. Also, they didn't even score a point. So, did the game really happen? Just trying to help my Shelby brothers out!
Thanks SD I truly believe the rest of the undefeated 2A teams would have rolled the number 5 team in the country.

Being undefeated is as much, maybe even more, who you play than how good your team actually is. Load up with 5 3A teams and a 4A team (#5 in the country) to start the season and the chances of remaining an undefeated 2A team through the first 6 games of the season are slim to none. But it just means when you do finally reach your similar class opponents like the other teams have been playing, you beat them on average 55 - 2.

For instance...Maiden has nothing but 2A teams on their schedule. They play no one strong. It took overtime for them to beat a down East Lincoln.

Playoffs will be a different beast for some of the teams on this list.

Being undefeated is as much, maybe even more, who you play than how good your team actually is. Load up with 5 3A teams and a 4A team (#5 in the country) to start the season and the chances of remaining an undefeated 2A team through the first 6 games of the season are slim to none. But it just means when you do finally reach your similar class opponents like the other teams have been playing, you beat them on average 55 - 2.

For instance...Maiden has nothing but 2A teams on their schedule. They play no one strong. It took overtime for them to beat a down East Lincoln.

I have to agree 100000% with this post. It's easy to be undefeated when you play much inferior teams.

I know they give you Shelby guys a hard time when you all talk about your schedule but man I LOVE that you guys play such a tough non-conference schedule and I can respect that way more than beating everyone 70-6.

Reactions: 72 State Champion
2A/2AA is loaded
This is how they rank in MaxPreps plus final 2 games
#1South Point-@Chase, Shelby
#2Shelby-E. Rutherfordton, @South Point
#3Reidsville-@Bartlett-Yancey, Graham
#4East Duplin-James Kenan, @Clinton
#5Wallace-Rose Hill-Clinton, @James Kenan
#6Hibriten-@W. Iredell, Patton
#7Northeastern-First Flight, @Pasquotank County
#8North Davidson-Salisbury, @Ledford
#9Mountain Heritage-Polk County, @Avery County
#10Franklin-@Pisgah, @Smoky Mountain
#11South Granville-@Granville Central, Oxford Webb
#12Newton-Conover@Maiden, E. Lincoln
#13South Columbus-@W. Bladen, Whiteville
#14Randleman-E. Randolph, OPEN
#15SW Edgecombe-@N. Johnston, Beddingfield
#16East Bladen-@S. Robeson, W. Bladen
#17Ledford-@E. Davidson, N. Davidson
#18Maiden-Newton-Conover, @Lincolnton
#19Whiteville-St. Pauls, @S.
#20North Surry-W. Stokes, OPEN
#21East Montgomery-@Mt. Pleasant, Academy of Tech
#22Wheatmore-Jordan-Matthews, @HP Andrews

Seadog once again you demonstrate what it is to be a true gentlemen. Raider fans character rates as high as the lofty accomplishments of our team. Never been more evident.

if those 5 3A teams and that one 4A team are not that good, your point is irrelevant. i know many 3A and 4A teams that this ED team would walk the dog on. as for Shelby scheduling the #5 team in the country, well not many teams out there would schedule an almost guaranteed loss so thats their fault.

if those 5 3A teams and that one 4A team are not that good, your point is irrelevant. i know many 3A and 4A teams that this ED team would walk the dog on. as for Shelby scheduling the #5 team in the country, well not many teams out there would schedule an almost guaranteed loss so thats their fault.

Against 2A....averaging 55-2. That's what scheduling almost quaranteed losses will do.

Against 2A....averaging 55-2. That's what scheduling almost quaranteed losses will do.
After 5th team in Nation the 5 3A teams are ranked as follows this week all of NC:
Kings Mountain#37
Crest#45
AC Reynolds#46
Freedom#106
Burns#197

I'd say quite a non-conference slate

After 5th team in Nation the 5 3A teams are ranked as follows this week all of NC:
Kings Mountain#37
Crest#45
AC Reynolds#46
Freedom#106
Burns#197

Shelby isnt the only team to play a tough nonconference schedule.

Kings Mountain#37
Crest#45
AC Reynolds#46
Freedom#106
Burns#197

i would bet Jacksonville would beat any of those NC teams.

I was just saying you cant knock Shelby for their scheduling. Geez Louise
i understand that, but some people act like Shelby is the only school in the state to schedule a tough nonconference schedule. i know they are a top top program, and i know they are the champs until somebody knocks them off, but they are not the only school that plays a tough schedule.

i understand that, but some people act like Shelby is the only school in the state to schedule a tough nonconference schedule. i know they are a top top program, and i know they are the champs until somebody knocks them off, but they are not the only school that plays a tough schedule.

This ^^^ guy does a lot of crying.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT