ADVERTISEMENT

3 Rivers Preseason Preview

redsprings17

Aug 4, 2014
How do you guys think this year will play out in the 3 rivers? Going off last year and what I saw this summer, the league should be a tighter race.
1. Whiteville
2. Red Springs / St. Pauls
4. Fairmont
5. South Columbus
6. South Robeson
7. East Columbus
8. West Columbus

- Whiteville looked pretty strong this summer in the few games I saw with Kirk healthy.
- Red Springs returns some of the top guards in the conference and most of their best players from last year. I put St. Pauls in the same spot because this one may be a toss up. St. Pauls is returning a lot of size (Maybe the tallest team in the area), some talented guards and an experienced new HC.
- Fairmont is Fairmont. Theyre going to run, run, run, and they have the athletes to do it. The question mark will be the post.
- South Columbus had a young scrappy team last year that should have gotten better over the summer.
- South Robeson had some good young pieces last year on varsity and jv, but it will hurt to lose their stud to graduation.
- I am low balling EC just because of the talent or lack of I saw on jv. Coach Skip did a great job with them last year and I thought they were a better team than the start of the season. I hope I am wrong and coach skip uses this for locker room motivation.
- West Columbus always has athletes but the new coach is the question mark. Not sure what he will bring to the table, but it should be interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT