ADVERTISEMENT

2A upsets Chambers

Mr. Rutledge

May 28, 2022
Mmm Mmm Mmm Let's take a minute to talk about the 2A team that came in and took down Chambers like it was no big deal. I'm sure someone will say "7 on 7 doesn't mean anything".

Here's my take, as I walked into the Chambers 7 on 7, I could feel the energy spiraling down. These underdogs proved that they can compete with the best and came out on top. Why has this 2A team not been celebrated.

It's time to give credit where credit is due and recognize the hard work and dedication of the 2A program. But let's also take a moment to reflect on the importance of taking things one step at a time. Before moving up to the big leagues, we must first succeed at the current level. Never underestimate the power at the 2A level.

As much as folks want to see Chambers go head to head with the big leagues, maybe Chambers should stick to playing teams their own size before they start thinking they can take on the big leagues.

• Haha
Reactions: Crestuff
Mmm Mmm Mmm Let's take a minute to talk about the 2A team that came in and took down Chambers like it was no big deal. I'm sure someone will say "7 on 7 doesn't mean anything".

Here's my take, as I walked into the Chambers 7 on 7, I could feel the energy spiraling down. These underdogs proved that they can compete with the best and came out on top. Why has this 2A team not been celebrated.

It's time to give credit where credit is due and recognize the hard work and dedication of the 2A program. But let's also take a moment to reflect on the importance of taking things one step at a time. Before moving up to the big leagues, we must first succeed at the current level. Never underestimate the power at the 2A level.

As much as folks want to see Chambers go head to head with the big leagues, maybe Chambers should stick to playing teams their own size before they start thinking they can take on the big leagues.

Who won the state 7 on 7 championships last year?

You are right. 7 on 7 gives zero indication of how good a team is going to be. Wussy football. We're linebackers taking people's heads off as they came across the middle. Wa sthere a clock to simulate how chambes line would of eaten that qbs lunch in 2.5 seconds. ? Nope I doubt it. Line them up. Chambers whips that rear end every time. 7 on 7. Go support the girls flag football teams man.

7 on 7 has value. There is much benefit that can come from them. Thinking that it has much to do with winning real games is laughable.

Reactions: beamer24
7v7 is good for putting in a passing game and seeing who can move on defense. You get some competitiveness developed, but beyond that stock is low on actual value towards playing with pads.

No one cares enough to go find out what school just "beat" Chambers in a practice drill. Congrats you won... NOTHING!

Also, last I checked 40 yard dash times were not measured in ratios.... c'mon maaannn!

• Haha
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I swear, I can honestly say, for the first time in my life I have never witnessed a herd of grumpy cats vying to be the king of a single meow. It's hilarious how a tiny blip conversation became a full-blown underestimated communication marvel, beats me!

If Chambers had crushed Dutch Fork in a 7 on 7, they'd have 10 pages of nonsense bash party and Dan Rather from CBS reporting live! But no, it's just a 2A gig, so who cares, right? Apparently, this pint-sized team highlighted Chambers' to-do list. Let's be real, no need to dwell on those tiny bloopers. Nobody from the Chamber squad needs to lose sleep nor hide under a rock after what they just witnessed. It was just a 7 on 7 practice drills that was not celebrated......it was NOTHING. It's fine. Geeezzzz......

Oh! and who needs team names? NOT one of you intelligent individuals! If you dont care enough about it then simply dont request it. Bet you can crack this nut faster than a squirrel in a peanut factory. If you're 7 on 7 savvy, you're on par with Sherlock Holmes. So, spill the beans - who's Chambers' homework hookup?

I swear, I can honestly say, for the first time in my life I have never witnessed a herd of grumpy cats vying to be the king of a single meow. It's hilarious how a tiny blip conversation became a full-blown underestimated communication marvel, beats me!

If Chambers had crushed Dutch Fork in a 7 on 7, they'd have 10 pages of nonsense bash party and Dan Rather from CBS reporting live! But no, it's just a 2A gig, so who cares, right? Apparently, this pint-sized team highlighted Chambers' to-do list. Let's be real, no need to dwell on those tiny bloopers. Nobody from the Chamber squad needs to lose sleep nor hide under a rock after what they just witnessed. It was just a 7 on 7 practice drills that was not celebrated......it was NOTHING. It's fine. Geeezzzz......

Oh! and who needs team names? NOT one of you intelligent individuals! If you dont care enough about it then simply dont request it. Bet you can crack this nut faster than a squirrel in a peanut factory. If you're 7 on 7 savvy, you're on par with Sherlock Holmes. So, spill the beans - who's Chambers' homework hookup?
Who cares you douchebag. You're the one that posted it. You just had a bunch of true football fans. People that know what football is about. Not your dumb ass waxing poetic on a 7 on 7. Some schools don't even do them except for the hype video. Because they're stupid. They don't mean anything. I guess they're good for putting in a passing game. But it's not real games. According to you though they dominated Chambers. That's why a 2A team could do it in seven on seven. Because maybe they have a good quarterback. I'll bet it was one of your friendly neighborhood charter schools like lake Norman or someone like that wasn't or maybe it was pine lake prep. Our community school of Davidson. Teams that don't do deadly when it comes to playing real football. Teams that have 54 to 45 wins or losses. Don't chirp about beating somebody in seven on seven here's what I bet. You're too a squad doesn't score a single touchdown against Chambers in a real game. Because that quarterback will be on the sideline ice and his shoulder or knee by the first quarter.

Are you off your medication?

One guess theory that might apply in this case, if there really is a case.

Big time football programs often work their new players harder early to evaluate them and see what they can do, and possibly let the returning players take it a little easier in the beginning, because they already know what they can do. I wouldn't say they don't care if they win, or lose a 7 on 7, but they won't lose any sleep over it. They want wins when they actually count.

Small programs may not have that luxury, since they likely have fewer players and may have no choice but to play their best players. Plus if they have nothing else to brag about, they can always say they won a 7 on 7 in July.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigdadd11103
Other than condemning Chambers, applauding the mysterious 2A team would be more interesting. There are a multitude of reasons team lose to another team especially in 7on7 some relevant, some fact based and some anecdotal. While not earth shattering, it is interesting for July and a dead week but only for the nameless 2A team.

Well, that’s because it’s mostly no indication of how a real game would play out and doesn’t translate to a teams success when the pads come on. Not talking trash about whatever team this was that beat Chambers or whatever, but 7-on-7 is probably one of the worst ways to predict how successful that a team is going to be.

I coached HS football for 10 years and experienced a lot of 7-on-7’s (UNC, UNCC, ECU, Catawba, etc.). There were times when we beat the likes of Mallard Creek, South Pointe, Dorman, Weddington, Dudley, Crest, etc. in those 7-on-7’s. If we would have played a full game against these same teams, it would have probably been a whole different story.

7-on-7 has its benefits: QB/WR timing and reps, college coaches being able to get their eyes on guys, evaluating position battles on your team, getting young guys extra work, toying/practicing with diffferent defensive coverages, and just being able to play against a different team and get out there and compete.

I don’t really see it that way. But I can see your point.
There are a lot of homers on these boards. They come and go. They think their teams are the best to ever play and only cheating can beat their teams. They think their team is elite. The reality is that there are some 2A and 3A teams that can play with anyone. Most of the time however, they would lose to top 4A teams. There are years when there could be 10-15 4A teams that would beat the 2A and the 3A champs.

There are a lot of homers on these boards. They come and go. They think their teams are the best to ever play and only cheating can beat their teams. They think their team is elite. The reality is that there are some 2A and 3A teams that can play with anyone. Most of the time however, they would lose to top 4A teams. There are years when there could be 10-15 4A teams that would beat the 2A and the 3A champs.

I like this take, this is what I meant

To put it into some perspective, Page has been "rebuilding" and struggling for the past 5 years or so. A couple of years ago, they beat/upset a much better, more talented Reidsville team. Last year, Page was down a touchdown in the 4th, when they should have been blown out by a team with as much talent as RHS. Even with Page's lack of depth at the 4A level, they were able to hang around with the Rams because the playing field was somewhat level, numbers and depth wise.

If Page was at their peaks like they have been semi-recently (2010-2018), they would handle Reidsville going away. It would be a decent game for a couple of quarters, and then the Pirates would pull away in the 2nd half.

To put it into some perspective, Page has been "rebuilding" and struggling for the past 5 years or so. A couple of years ago, they beat/upset a much better, more talented Reidsville team. Last year, Page was down a touchdown in the 4th, when they should have been blown out by a team with as much talent as RHS. Even with Page's lack of depth at the 4A level, they were able to hang around with the Rams because the playing field was somewhat level, numbers and depth wise.

If Page was at their peaks like they have been semi-recently (2010-2018), they would handle Reidsville going away. It would be a decent game for a couple of quarters, and then the Pirates would pull away in the 2nd half.

Reidsville was missing a few guys though. Woulda b been a blowout no disrespect. I’m expecting a blowout this year if Harrison stays, if he doesn’t it could be a pretty good game

Well, that’s because it’s mostly no indication of how a real game would play out and doesn’t translate to a teams success when the pads come on. Not talking trash about whatever team this was that beat Chambers or whatever, but 7-on-7 is probably one of the worst ways to predict how successful that a team is going to be.

I coached HS football for 10 years and experienced a lot of 7-on-7’s (UNC, UNCC, ECU, Catawba, etc.). There were times when we beat the likes of Mallard Creek, South Pointe, Dorman, Weddington, Dudley, Crest, etc. in those 7-on-7’s. If we would have played a full game against these same teams, it would have probably been a whole different story.

7-on-7 has its benefits: QB/WR timing and reps, college coaches being able to get their eyes on guys, evaluating position battles on your team, getting young guys extra work, toying/practicing with diffferent defensive coverages, and just being able to play against a different team and get out there and compete.
This is not aming at you, but it's amazing how one innocent post can turn into a heated conversation. Its just a report of how much homework was exposed on Chambers during the 7 on 7 - nothing serious for anyone to take 1,000mg of Tylenol. For someone to feel threaten or embarrassed is nonsense. It's like the whole world goes psychotic when information is made public. Let's all remember to take a deep breath and think before we type. Social media can be a powerful tool, but let's use it for good and not get caught up in unnecessary drama.

I mean, it's not that this could ever have a chance to be placed on the schedule, but seriously and be honest, can you imagine if Chambers destroyed a football team like Desoto or North Shore out of Texas on a 7 on 7?! The entire sports world would be shook and this conversation would've definitely gotten out of control. And who knows, maybe Elon Musk would've swooped in and become the owner. Just a wild thought, but hey, anything is possible in the world of high school football these days. What do you think would've happened? Let me know in the comments below!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT