ADVERTISEMENT

2A State Championship: Reidsville vs East Duplin

Ya'll were the favorites in 2017 what are you talking about. You don't have to throw any passes if you have javonte williams and Desmond Newkirk in the backfield
They were the favorites but ya'll gave it away at the end. Teague found a way to neutralize their run game in the 2nd half, then ya'll didnt protect the ball and played slightly clumsy against a good running team.

It's only natural for Reidsville fans to have "stop the dive" burned into their brains. Page ran dive on them 40 times and gashed the Rams on the ground for literally 4 quarters, and just wore down their defense into submission. It was a thing of beauty that Coach Rob was able to sniff out. I doubt East Duplin has the same physical backs and lineplay that Page has, 6'2 225 lbs and 5'10 190. It was Reidsville's only loss on the year so far, they learned a lot from it, and are for sure a better team because of it.

It's only natural for Reidsville fans to have "stop the dive" burned into their brains. Page ran dive on them 40 times and gashed the Rams on the ground for literally 4 quarters, and just wore down their defense into submission. It was a thing of beauty that Coach Rob was able to sniff out. I doubt East Duplin has the same physical backs and lineplay that Page has, 6'2 225 lbs and 5'10 190. It was Reidsville's only loss on the year so far, they learned a lot from it, and are for sure a better team because of it.
Yea our defense changed a whole lot since then. Running teams haven’t been able to run much at all. So we thank you Page Pirates for that

People talk crap about our schedule, but Page and Eastern Alamance were the best games we've played this season and had us playoff ready. I hope both games continue.

Wow, that is really something.
That must have been a great Tarboro team to take such a confident and proven Reidsville team out. And that was during a unified 2A Title period, with no subdivision to cut your competition in half.
So who did Tarboro go on to play in Chapel Hill?
They must have won out.
That certainly was impressive of Tarboro, only 24 years ago. There have been so many impressive upsets during these NCHSAA sanctioned playoffs. Some of these happened a generation or more ago, like the one mentioned. and some just recently. The thing that makes it even more interesting is when two teams meet for the second time (you know where I am going with this) after playing during the regular season, in the same conference, and then meet later in the playoffs. Take for instance just this year, a mighty Shelby team, a little down from years previous, faced Burns, a team ranked no. 1 by Max Preps all season. Shelby lost during the regular season when burdened by a Chemistry dilemma. The score 27-14. It was not that close as Shelby scored a late touchdown during “garbage time’. Only two weeks later, a then humbled, Shelby team faced Burns a second time in the second round of the playoffs. The proud Shelby team, determined to rise to the occasion went out and got a 42-0 running clock whooping put on them. This defeat of Shelby prevented a much-anticipated game between Shelby and the team from, what is referred to by some as the Football Capital of NC-Reidsville (called that deservedly or not, probably because of the record 22 State Championships they have won). Because the NCHSAA does not offer the opportunity for teams from different classifications to play after winning their respective State Championships, this offered one of the few opportunities for the two storied programs to meet in the last 20 years. Opportunity lost.

I will post more about this after the game tomorrow. No matter the outcome of the game. I want East Duplin's fans to know, I and other Reidsville fans in no way think this will not be a tough team that has proven themselves this entire season. I would compare defending against your rushing game to trying to catch a speeding bowling ball with a softball glove. We know it will be tough.

Reactions: O&B Attack
There’s only one team that runs the wing t as good as WRH and that’s ED. Reidsville will not stop it. ED 42-35
Don't go jinxing ED with your bad predictions. You did it last year and this year saying y'all are better. Please spare the Panthers your predictions.

There’s only one team that runs the wing t as good as WRH and that’s ED. Reidsville will not stop it. ED 42-35
Cracking Up Lol GIF

Lets
Not forget all
The penalties against the rams in this game....which the rams did deserve

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Gonna be a winner by 1:30 Saturday buddy, just saw film on ED, y’all don’t stand a chance
I read several of your post and I have just now watched the Burns game. I am not predicting winners but I would bet my house that ED rushes for 300+ yards and 400+ wouldn’t surprise me. Buckle your chinstrap as it’s gonna be a bumpy ride….

I read several of your post and I have just now watched the Burns game. I am not predicting winners but I would bet my house that ED rushes for 300+ yards and 400+ wouldn’t surprise me. Buckle your chinstrap as it’s gonna be a bumpy ride….
🤡💯

if Reidsville gives up 400 yards rushing that would be an all time record...the wrong kind........i'm sure ED will have some success running and scoring but 400 yards??
I doubt it it’s 400. But the last 4 opponents were James Kenan, Clinton, Whiteville and Wallace. All experts defending the wingT. They rushed for around 275 a game there. Reidsville has a more quickstrike offense and will score faster. That’s why I said 300+ house bet guarantee. 400 is only if reidsville scores 2-3 times on 70+ yard plays. It wasn’t a slur. Just saying I don’t think you stop ED running game at all…

Last edited:
I doubt it it’s 400. But the last 4 opponents were James Kenan, Clinton, Whiteville and Wallace. All experts defending the wingT. They rushed for around 275 a game there. Reidsville has a more quickstrike offense and will score faster. That’s why I said 300+ house bet guarantee. 400 is only if reaidsville scores 2-3 times on 70+ yard plays. It wasn’t a slur. Just saying I don’t think you stop ED running game at all…

I will say this is a concern. We have faced some really good running teams this season though.

You should have watched the Chase game. They primarily run, check the stats on that game. Whatever the other team did best, they did worse against Reidsville Check it out.

You should have watched the Chase game. They primarily run, check the stats on that game. Whatever the other team did best, they did worse against Reidsville Check it out.
Chase on the season had 258 per game rushing against Reidsville they picked up 106 yard rushing. Same for all opponents in the playoffs. Check it out. We beat the spread on last three playoff games by quite a lot.

Chase on the season had 258 per game rushing against Reidsville they picked up 106 yard rushing. Same for all opponents in the playoffs. Check it out. We beat the spread on last three playoff games by quite a lot.
Hibritien in 2017 was smash mouth and scared me. If ED beat Wallace last year I thought they had zero chance versus Shelby. Honestly though, directing me to that chase game and watching a few minutes is uninspiring for your side. Your comparing there Running game to ED, lol. I stand firm on my original assessment. You may win a shootout but this is this is a better matchup for us than 2017 or if we showed up last year. We are underdogs but will have plenty to say offensively. I have no idea if we can stop you and doubt we have many stops. I except a close game based on us eating up clock. That’s all we can ask for to have a chance. Good luck

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT