ADVERTISEMENT

1A & 2A NW Boys & Girls State Championship (Scores 3/11/17)

Girls
26f9-fe0f-200d-2640-fe0f.png

Mount Airy (49) Avery (38) Final

Charter vs Charter state championship game 1-A next Friday
Lincoln Charter vs Kestrel Heights
Still proud of Mount Airy as they gave Lincoln Charter a far better game than WSPrep as WSPrep never lead and was down @ the half ....WSPrep (22) Lincoln Charter (34) @ The Half. So heads up Bears ,you played a great game tonight ! If I remember correctly LC biggest lead was 5 against MA late in the 4th Qtr

Last edited:
Mount Airy Girls, North Surry Girls & Boys move on to the State Championship Game next Saturday. 3 out of 4 ,not bad.

Bears gave one away today; LC made plays at the end...tough loss

Charter vs Charter state championship game 1-A next Friday
Lincoln Charter vs Kestrel Heights
Still proud of Mount Airy as they gave Lincoln Charter a far better game than WSPrep as WSPrep never lead and was down @ the half ....WSPrep (22) Lincoln Charter (34) @ The Half. So heads up Bears ,you played a great game tonight ! If I remember correctly LC biggest lead was 5 against MA late in the 4th Qtr
Wow we're out of it and still being talked about. We at Prep aren't into moral victories like playing a better game against a team you still lost to. You'll be watching the same game we'll be watching next Saturday and yes while you played a closer game "woohoo" you're still watching. You take a knock at a program that kicked your butts three times this year. I was at the prep game and do understand after prep was beaten mt airy was an afterthought to Lincoln. Judging by the comments they felt like they already defeated the team they needed to beat to get to states. Something you all didn't get done this year. What asinine logic. That's a mentality I pray no one else subscribes to on this site. Unbelievable but not surprising who it came from. Hats off to Mt Airy' s boys squad for a great effort. I'm sure as COMPETITORS they don't share this sad belief. The fact someone posted this.

Wow we're out of it and still being talked about. We at Prep aren't into moral victories like playing a better game against a team you still lost to. You'll be watching the same game we'll be watching next Saturday and yes while you played a closer game "woohoo" you're still watching. You take a knock at a program that kicked your butts three times this year. I was at the prep game and do understand after prep was beaten mt airy was an afterthought to Lincoln. Judging by the comments they felt like they already defeated the team they needed to win get to states. Something you all didn't get done this year. What asinine logic. That's a mentality I pray no one else subscribes to on this site. Unbelievable but not surprising who it came from. Hats off to Mt Airy' s boys squad for a great effort. I'm sure as COMPETITORS they don't share this sorry belief.
Wasn't putting WSPrep down,just proud how well Mount Airy played against Lincoln Charter.They played their hearts out trying to win and advance with the other 3 Mount Airy,Surry County schools...

Last edited:
Wasn't putting WSPrep down,just proud how well Mount Airy played against Lincoln Charter.They played their hearts out trying to win and advance with the other 3 Mount Airy,Surry County schools...
Anyone reading that would think otherwise. I was even wanting the Granite Bears to pull it out not only for the area but more specifically it would've made the conference look especially good to have a team other than Prep represent in states. I have much respect for the Granite Bears programs especially football and felt bad to see the final score while at the regional in Greensboro.

I Said lincoln Charter must have a deep bench. I count 18 ?
NCHSAA‏Verified account@NCHSAA Twitter photo
C6Hen5kU0AAsRUd.jpg:large
Wow. There are 15 in uniform. Four kids were pulled up from JV for the experience. 3 other kids were out for season due to injuries. Wow. Just wow.
Bad thing is not that it was a great offensive game to watch by no means, but it was a great environment for the kids to enjoy. Mt. Airy played their tales off and gave LCS everything they could handle and probably should have won the game. Stop with the negativity all the time. Great game played by two great programs who both have great young men. Good job by both teams and good luck to LCS in championship game.

Wow. There are 15 in uniform. Four kids were pulled up from JV for the experience. 3 other kids were out for season due to injuries. Wow. Just wow.
Bad thing is not that it was a great offensive game to watch by no means, but it was a great environment for the kids to enjoy. Mt. Airy played their tales off and gave LCS everything they could handle and probably should have won the game. Stop with the negativity all the time. Great game played by two great programs who both have great young men. Good job by both teams and good luck to LCS in championship game.
I second that

Advantaged.
Yes ,those last 3 posters only have 66 post between them and are not aware of the situation in the NW1-A so I laughted and gave no comment. Let them spend more time on the boards and live and learn . Not waisting my time explaining what they don't know. I just ignored them as I have some this year. :)

Last edited:
Unless asked to I will not be posting scores Saturday sense they are on TWC channels 323 and 324. If you can not get TWC just ask and I will post the scores while watching the games.

Last edited:
Unless asked to I will not be posting scores Saturday sense they are on TWC channels 323 and 324. If you can not get TWC just ask and I will post the scores while watching the games.
Yes ,those last 3 posters only have 66 post between them and are not aware of the situation in the NW1-A so I laughted and gave no comment. Let them spend more time on the boards and live and learn . Not waisting my time explaining what they don't know. I just ignored them as I have some this year. :)
I have been following mount airy my whole life thank you very much

3 Out of The 4 1-A & 2-A games has Teams From Mount Airy (In Blue) are playing For The State Championship. I will be posting the scores at the end of each quarter and maybe several times each quarter.

12:00 pm - 1A Women: (4) Pamlico (29-3) vs. (3) Mount Airy (29-2)

2:30 pm - 1A Men: (3) Lincoln Charter (29-4) vs. (1) Kestrel Heights (31-1)

5:00 pm - 2A Women: (7)
North Surry (26-6) vs. (2) Clinton (29-2)

7:30 pm - 2A Men: (5)
North Surry (27-4) vs. (2) Northside-Jacksonville (29-0)

Something has come up and I can Post scores till 3 PM then when I get off work I have to make a trip to Elkin. If anyone can post the scores after I leave at 3 PM please do so !
If you can let me know.Morn than one can most scores.I should get back in time for the North Surry Boys Game @ 7:30 pm

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT