ADVERTISEMENT

2023 2A Softball brackets with bracket updates

Watched a great game between PG and West Caldwell last night. PG prevailed 1-0 in eight innings. Devon Kelly drove in the game winning run in the bottom of the eighth. Emma Mazzarone (who's heading to Virginia Tech next year) struck out 19. I think she's struck out everyone in the county about three times over now.

Watched a great game between PG and West Caldwell last night. PG prevailed 1-0 in eight innings. Devon Kelly drove in the game winning run in the bottom of the eighth. Emma Mazzarone (who's heading to Virginia Tech next year) struck out 19. I think she's struck out everyone in the county about three times over now.
Great win!…West Caldwell was coming in HOT!

Tip of cap to the Warriors for winning the CVAC tourney….that was one tough draw for them.
I’m glad you were there to see it. 😉

Remaining teams…

RUNS

1. McMichael 286👀
2. West Stanly 249
3. Maiden 228
3. Mt. Pleasant 228
5. West Lincoln 197
6. Burns 195
6. West Davidson 195
8. West Wilkes 188
9. Bandys 184
10. SWR 177
10. East Surry 177
12. Morehead 172
13. Anson 164
14. RS Central 147
15. East Rutherford 115
16. Providence Grove 112

RUNS AGAINST

1. West Wilkes 13👀
2. SWR 15
3. West Stanly 24
4. McMichael 26
5. East Rutherford 49
6. Maiden 53
6. Providence Grove 53
8. Bandys 61
9. RS Central 67
10. Burns 68
11. West Davidson 74
12. Anson 84
13. West Lincoln 93
14. Morehead 94
15. East Surry 102
16. Mt. Pleasant 129

Remaining teams…

RUNS

1. McMichael 286👀
2. West Stanly 249
3. Maiden 228
3. Mt. Pleasant 228
5. West Lincoln 197
6. Burns 195
6. West Davidson 195
8. West Wilkes 188
9. Bandys 184
10. SWR 177
10. East Surry 177
12. Morehead 172
13. Anson 164
14. RS Central 147
15. East Rutherford 115
16. Providence Grove 112

RUNS AGAINST

1. West Wilkes 13👀
2. SWR 15
3. West Stanly 24
4. McMichael 26
5. East Rutherford 49
6. Maiden 53
6. Providence Grove 53
8. Bandys 61
9. RS Central 67
10. Burns 68
11. West Davidson 74
12. Anson 84
13. West Lincoln 93
14. Morehead 94
15. East Surry 102
16. Mt. Pleasant 129
PG played West Wilkes in the second round last year. I'm not surprised to see the Blackhawks rollin'.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Tough games for the CVAC girls tonight.

West Lincoln travels over to McMichael to face one of the “big 4” top ranked softball teams. How impressive is that team. Good lord!…they’re averaging over 11 runs per game and a team batting average of .456! Do what? I did notice that little ole PG held them to 2 runs earlier in the season…there must be one heck of a pitcher on that PG team.😉
Let’s go! Lady Rebels!

Bandys travels over to another one of the “big 4”…facing the West Stanly Colts…defending State Champions. Their stats are just as impressive…and they have some great wins over teams like Oak Grove, Hickory Ridge, South Caldwell etc. etc. West Stanly has one loss…yep…PAC 7😂…to SWR.
Can Bandys hang with them?…we’ll see.
Let’s go! Lady Trojans.

Maiden hosts RS Central…the Hilltoppers are coming.👍 This should be a great game as both are very close in the rankings.I look forward to a very entertaining game this evening.
Let’s go! Lady Boom Devils.

Good luck to all the teams tonight!

The West pitcher threw an awesome game. One errant throw ended up being the difference maker.
Abby Bowman…she is only a sophomore.

She wore Maiden out in the conference tourney game after giving up 3 in the 1st. She totally shut them down after that..enabling West Caldwell to claw back and win. Very impressed with that young lady.😉

Watched SW Randolph hold off Mount Pleasant 1-0 in Cougarland tonight. Cougars scored that lone run in the second inning with a hit up the middle.

MP made it mighty interesting in the top of the seventh. First two batters singled to put runners on second/first. Next batter bunted both runners over. However, Macie Crutchfield struck out the last couple of batters to preserve SWR's victory. As par for the course, Crutchfield pitched a very good game.

I will say that the shortstop for MP is very good. She reminds me a lot of Mikayla McLain (who played for Providence Grove last year). I also like the fact that she wears #49.

Last edited:
West Stanly 5 Maiden 2 final

Glad to be home.

Congrats to Maiden on a record setting year for the softball program. They’re young…excited to see what next year brings. Way to go ! Girls.

I see why West Stanly has won 3 straight championships…just saying! They’re very good!
We know all about West Stanly too. They beat ER in the 2A state championship several years back.

Did SW Randolph intentionally walk 3 batters? That's what I heard and why they list 🤷🏾‍♂️
Yes they intentionally walked batters 3 & 4 in top of 10th (TO LOAD THE BASES) to try and get to the middle portion of the WW lineup........Gamble didnt work and the 5 hole hitter hit the sac fly that brought home the game winning run

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT