ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Tarboro Football schedule

Hahahahahahahahaha. God no!
How is Southwest expected to be this upcoming season? An improvement from last season or a bit of a struggle? I always have a soft spot for tarboro's rival since my mom graduated from there,my stepdad graduated from there as well.

How is Southwest expected to be this upcoming season? An improvement from last season or a bit of a struggle? I always have a soft spot for tarboro's rival since my mom graduated from there,my stepdad graduated from there as well.
My mother graduated from NE. She always gets mad at me when I tell her they need to close NE down & just send most to Tarboro & the rest to Northern Nash. She be getting pissed w/ me lol. They love that school but she loves Tarboro football b/c of me & my brothers

Unfortunately, we'll be better than we were last year. I say unfortunately because improvement will only gain the coach more time here. The fanbase isn't pleased at all. It's not like we've had a drop in talent around here. A regular season 5-5 record is most likely, but strangely enough, I can also see a 6-4 record, with us going into the final game of the regular season tied with West Craven at 5-0 (6-3) in the conference. We won't win that game, though. I don't see any threat from Greene Central, Farmville, or Ayden Grifton. I think North Pitt had a good year last year, but comes back to their program's reality this year. The intriguing game is Washington. We stayed with them for a while this past season before they recognized that they were just better than us. If we can do the same this year, an upset COULD happen. I have wins against North Edgecombe, Greene Central, Farmville Central, Ayden-Grifton, and North Pitt. Losses vs Northern Nash, Hunt, Tarboro, and West Craven. Coin toss vs Washington.
The showing we had in the 1st round loss to Wallace-Rose Hill last year was big. We scored the 3rd most points they allowed with 36, and their two games in which they allowed more points were against an out of state team, and Shelby in the championship. Those points we scored weren't in garbage time either. They were legit, whole game points. If the team had an ounce of decent defense, it could have been an intriguing game.
In summary, SWE improves this season. It'll still be ugly during the non conference. NN, Hunt, and Tarboro are 3 teams that no one should want to play right now. There will be blowouts early. The defensive side is getting a lot of attention and overhaul, as it should, and will most likely be out there practicing for the conference portion of the season early on.

Last edited:
My mother graduated from NE. She always gets mad at me when I tell her they need to close NE down & just send most to Tarboro & the rest to Northern Nash. She be getting pissed w/ me lol. They love that school but she loves Tarboro football b/c of me & my brothers
Rudeboyz, when did u graduate? I knew the original rudeboyz from the late 80' & early 90's.

I won’t be able to make the jamboree this year. Hopefully someone up here will post some updates

Do they sale Tarboro t shirts, or sweatshirt around Tarboro. I am sure places like Walmart, Wallgreen, and Food Lion might. Or any other place? If i am in the Tarboro area i might jave to get me one.

Tarboro smokes Rocky Mount this year.
Judging by what I've heard Tarboro players are chomping at the bit to play them. And to be honest the new offense that SouthWest edgecombe is running is basically identical to the one that Rocky mount runs. Regarding that game last year Tarboro was injured and also showed how young they were. But Rocky Mount really didn't impress me to be honest we held them to 12 points and basically it was six until the final minute of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
Judging by what I've heard Tarboro players are chomping at the bit to play them. And to be honest the new offense that SouthWest edgecombe is running is basically identical to the one that Rocky mount runs. Regarding that game last year Tarboro was injured and also showed how young they were. But Rocky Mount really didn't impress me to be honest we held them to 12 points and basically it was six until the final minute of the game.
And don’t get me started on that phantom hold call

The most impressive thing about Rocky Mount was their size. The player that stood out to me was #9 the defensive end. He was big and seemed to be in our backfield on nearly every play he was in.

They wouldn’t of scored that second touchdown if they didn’t call that phantom holding penalty. I think after that happened our guys got deflated.

I also think I heard their QB from last year transferred. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't they usually do the scrimmage early in the day around 10:00 a.m. or so? I can't remember them ever doing a scrimmage this late in the day.

I was
UPDATE

JV kicking Ass, Varsity is looking decent. Tip for Tap right now with them, just running plays. Remember DH Conley is a 3A school
I was curious about the JV. All I’ve heard from people is about how good they are. I think I’m gonna go watch them play next Thursday.

Come on now give the rest of these 1A school some hope :) sounds great that the future looks bright just like the present.
It’s tough. I say this humbly but I really think last year was the best chance to get Tarboro between the youth and losing 2 of their top 3 players to injury before the season started.

Anything can happen with high schools kids but I think they are only going to get stronger over the next 4-5 years with what they have now and what’s coming up from the middle school.

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT