ADVERTISEMENT

2022/2023 2A Boys Basketball Thread

At CVCC

Hickory, Alexander Central, Newton, Maiden won yesterday.

Today
St. Stephens vs Foard 10:30 am
South Caldwell vs Bunker Hill 1:30 pm
Hickory vs Alexander Central 4:30 pm
Maiden vs Newton Conover 7:30 pm

Blue Devils vs Red Devils ought to be a good one!

Current 2a West RPI
#6 Maiden vs #11 Newton Conover

Go! Blue!😜

Reidsville has shooters, speed and a big guy that can flat play....the two freshmen are the core and they have a good group around them....watched them tonite for the first time and came away highly impressed...................
Looking good so far with 19-point margin being closest. Conference play just around the corner with Eden Morehead (9-0) and High Point Andrews (6-3) only two conference opponents with winning overall records as calendar turns to 2023.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Reidsville has shooters, speed and a big guy that can flat play....the two freshmen are the core and they have a good group around them....watched them tonite for the first time and came away highly impressed...................

Williams did good to keep it to 20. I saw the rams yesterday vs bca and I’d imagine they are better than Williams. They are everything you said though

Maiden 51 Newton Conover 46

Maiden plays Hickory tonight at CVCC 7:30 pm.

2a West RPI #5 Maiden vs 3a West #2 Hickory

Let’s see how good these Maiden boys are….

Go Boom Devils!
That should be a good one between Maiden n Hickory in tonight’s game. Wish I could be at that one.

That should be a good one between Maiden n Hickory in tonight’s game. Wish I could be at that one.
I’m going….it will be my first time seeing them play this year.

All of my buddies say that Maiden plays above the rim and have excellent 3 point shooters.

We’ll see….betting Hickory ain’t skeered though!😂

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Maiden got took to the woodshed!

Game was over at the tip off and continued to get worse as each minute ticked off the clock. The only positive was that Maiden handled Hickory’s continuous press very well but no one dressed in blue could make a shot or a free throw from start to finish! It was UGLY!!!

If Maiden plays like that against West Caldwell, who is next up for Maiden, they’re headed to the woodshed again….you can put that in the bank.

Congratulations to Hickory on winning the tournament….they have a very good team.

Sometimes a team can have one of those games where they can’t seem to shoot the ball in the ocean. Hopefully Maiden will rebound for the next game. Hickory with only 1 loss may be a team to watch for in the 3A.

Some good teams in the conference. West Stokes playing well now taking North Surry to the wire. They have Morehead next and they are undefeated. Reidsville should be the favorite in the conference.

Last edited:
Shelby Xmas tournament recap

Win vs 5A rock hill (sc) (was down 18-0)

Lost to 4a butler by 6 (should of won😕)

Plays 4a Harding today at 6

Some good teams in the conference. West Stokes playing well now taking North Surry to the wire. They have Morehead next and they are undefeated. Reidsville should be the favorite in the conference.

Hpa, Reidsville and Morehead could all be top 10 teams. West stokes and Walkertown can't be taken lightly either. Walkertown has had a tough schedule

75-60 Reidsville. Walkertown pushed reidsville tonight from what I read
A 2-point game at the half, Reidsville outscored Walkertown 24-14 in third quarter. The two freshmen led the scoring for Reidsville again. Closest scoring margin for Reidsville so far this season.

Last edited:
WEST CALDWELL 80
MAIDEN 69
Score shows a 11 point West Caldwell win but west was up 21 when they took the starters out, the decisive quarter was the 3rd when west won that quarter 27-10 maiden dont like to play fast and west made them do that and maiden had some turnovers.

Wow! That score is surprising. I’m definitely checking out the reidsville west stokes fans Tuesday
West Stokes now 3-0 in conference and 6-6 overall.
West Stokes at Andrews (8-3, 2-0) Friday, then at Reidsville Tuesday.
West Stokes also has rivalry non-conference game with North Stokes (13-1) Wednesday.

A 2-point game at the half, Reidsville outscored Walkertown 24-14 in third quarter. The two freshmen led the scoring for Reidsville again. Closest scoring margin for Reidsville so far this season.

If you look at Walkertowns schedule I knew this had the makings of a trap game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT