ADVERTISEMENT

2022/2023 2A Boys Basketball Thread

Next two games are against winless Rockingham County Monday and 1-6 Western Alamance Tuesday ... game against Cummings at home Thursday might be first test, but (surprisingly) Cummings is only 2-3 so far.

I don’t really like our schedule. Would’ve been good to get one of the Greensboro schools on it.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Next two games are against winless Rockingham County Monday and 1-6 Western Alamance Tuesday ... game against Cummings at home Thursday might be first test, but (surprisingly) Cummings is only 2-3 so far.
Wow. Didn’t realize that. Cummings will get better i would think.

since when does high school basketball have a running clock??? Lord save us..........and what is the magic threshold that has to be reached before the running clock starts?? I'm thinking schools should re-imburse fans a portion of the admission if they're gonna have a running clock...I hate it with a passion in football and I'm sure I'll feel the same for basketball........

Tonight's scoring:
Harrison 30
Neal 19 (also 12 assists and 5 steals)
Johnson 7 points, 11 rebounds, 8 steals.
since when does high school basketball have a running clock??? Lord save us..........and what is the magic threshold that has to be reached before the running clock starts?? I'm thinking schools should re-imburse fans a portion of the admission if they're gonna have a running clock...I hate it with a passion in football and I'm sure I'll feel the same for basketball........
40 points ... Reidsville was up by about 43 before NF cut final margin

Tonight's scoring:
Harrison 30
Neal 19 (also 12 assists and 5 steals)
Johnson 7 points, 11 rebounds, 8 steals.

40 points ... Reidsville was up by about 43 before NF cut final margin
I think maybe it’s 35 points. I remember looking up and was up 37 and saw clock ticking and I was like what in the world is going on. Couldn’t believe basketball has a running clock.

Once the score reaches a 40-point differential at halftime or thereafter, the game will resort to a running clock, including the administration of free throws or all other dead ball situations, except for timeouts called by a coach or official; the game can be terminated by mutual agreement.

As I stated earlier, Lord save us................guess NCHSAA and the member schools are afraid that somebody might get their itty bitty little feelings hurt...............I remember some years ago in the first round of playoffs when Reidsville beat South Iredell by the ridiculous score of 115-45...........that's the most points a Reidsville team has ever scored in a game and pretty sure it's the largest margin of victory ever (70 points)..................

As I stated earlier, Lord save us................guess NCHSAA and the member schools are afraid that somebody might get their itty bitty little feelings hurt...............I remember some years ago in the first round of playoffs when Reidsville beat South Iredell by the ridiculous score of 115-45...........that's the most points a Reidsville team has ever scored in a game and pretty sure it's the largest margin of victory ever (70 points)..................
Mercy rule doesn’t happen that much in basketball … regular thing in baseball and football. Keeps teams from running up the score. Could be prevented and would be great if coaches would give their subs a larger share of playing time.

that's my point TGT...the ones that suffer are the subs who get very limited playing time....another thing I don't understand...how hard would it be to get rid of running clock if the team behind gets the score back under the threshold..........just seems lazy to me by the officials......

i will say as far as stopping the running clock after the score changes to back under the threshold....it would be much easier in football maybe than basketball....but guys this is not brain surgery.................

that's my point TGT...the ones that suffer are the subs who get very limited playing time....another thing I don't understand...how hard would it be to get rid of running clock if the team behind gets the score back under the threshold..........just seems lazy to me by the officials......
Problem is some coaches want to run up the score or maybe preserve a shutout, etc.

Ok cool thanks
93-64 ... the Reidsville basketball facebook page has details.

Reidsville defeats Western Alamance 68-49 Tuesday to improve to 4-0

Rams have played a soft schedule thus far - tough test upcoming Thursday at home vs. Burlington Cummings

Reidsville defeats Western Alamance 68-49 Tuesday to improve to 4-0

Rams have played a soft schedule thus far - tough test upcoming Thursday at home vs. Burlington Cummings

I don’t think Cummings is as good as the last few years. But it will still be a tough game. I’m going to try and make one of the Christmas tournament games

I don’t think Cummings is as good as the last few years. But it will still be a tough game. I’m going to try and make one of the Christmas tournament games
Where is the Christmas tourney ... saw where Reidsville is playing Northeast Guilford in the first round.

Key Games 12/21

Bertie(4-1)#3 RPI 1A vs Manteo(7-0)#5 RPI 2A
JM Robinson(7-2)#7 RPI 2A vs Carmel Christian(13-2)
Surry Central(7-0)#3 RPI 2A vs North Stokes(9-1)#6 RPI 1A

You have to play a minimum of 5 games to have a MaxPreps ranking in basketball. Reidsville is currently 4-0, plays 5th game tomorrow vs Cummings, they then will receiving a ranking.
Why look at Maxpreps rankings? The NCHSAA has RPI's to determine the teams for the playoffs?
I have them listed on this forum under the sticky threads. Reidsville is #14 at this time. The RPI's are updated daily and every hour. They will climb quickly!

Reidsville - Cummings game postponed due to possible bad weather Thursday night.

Reactions: Hon Dines
Reidsville - Cummings game postponed due to possible bad weather Thursday night.
What is this world coming to? Cancel a game for rain and it won’t even be raining or anything else during game. Plus it’s an indoor sport lol roads won’t be a problem either.

Reactions: footballstar_17
What is this world coming to? Cancel a game for rain and it won’t even be raining or anything else during game. Plus it’s an indoor sport lol roads won’t be a problem either.
We live in a litigious society today. I bet that entered into Alamance decision.

Keep an eye on Shelby. They have 2 defeats on the year. The first was at Watauga where they had a 20 point lead, but lost 2 starters at halftime and Watauga slowly chipped away to get the win. Their other L was at Crest which they were able to turn around and beat Crest at home. Very athletic and some good shooters.

Dick’s Sporting Goods Classic at CVCC

12/27/22- 12/29/22

12/27
(Game 1) 10:30 am
#2 Hickory vs Foard

(Game 2) 1:30 pm
#3 Alexander Central vs #6 St. Stephens

(Game 3) 4:30 pm
#4 Newton Conover vs #5 South Caldwell

(Game 4) 7:30 pm
#1 Maiden vs #8 Bunker Hill

Let’s go! Blue Devils.