ADVERTISEMENT

American Legion Baseball 2021 american legion baseball

The one thing that I despise about these tournaments, I almost never call them showcase, (they are only showcasing for their immediate family members) is the local community or little league ball is gone. But a certain few are getting rich. I am not sure about your local situation but I know people making 6 figures running tournaments.
Unfortunately, for profit baseball is about all we have left in our area. Even the leagues you’re familiar with are more about charging private school kids for private lessons than providing baseball for Thomasville kids. A few years ago, when it was realized that the Thomasville kids whose parents pay for the city owned field weren’t getting to play on that field, another team was formed. They played one year in Thomasville, but moved to Lexington.

all regular games will need to be league games and play each team 1 game to seed the teams , playoffs would need to start at the normal time.

how are they going to play the regionals and the world series if they cant have more than 100 fans in North Carolina. ?
Hopefully, by late summer we’ll be in a very different place with the virus. Frankly, if we’re not, sports won’t be very important. At least not to most people.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
in 2019 there were 13 teams in area 3, if each team played each other one time that would be 6 home games and 6 road games. every northern division team would be closer to at least one southern division team than at least one northern divisional team and every southern division team would be closer to at least one northern division team than at least one southern divisional team except Kannapolis per mapquest,com if all teams play at the same field they played in 2019 schedule could be made were each team has the same distance in travel within a few miles.

Sportsnut, I don’t know much about national showcase organizations, but see that Perfect Game has some all day events scheduled at Rockers Stadium in High Point. Is that an organization that you’re familiar with?

Sportsnut, I don’t know much about national showcase organizations, but see that Perfect Game has some all day events scheduled at Rockers Stadium in High Point. Is that an organization that you’re familiar with?
Not really, but I do know they are one of the big boys in that arena.

need to start the season in mid May using 2020 graduates, but dont start counting game in the standing until a team has turned in it's 18 man roster ,

South Carolina is having their zoom coaches/AD meeting second weekend in April. Their league play starts June 7th and runs until either July 2nd or July 9th. Their playoffs start May 15th for high school baseball.

I truly believe that there are going to be a lot of legion teams in North Carolina that just says its not worth it. One of the main reasons is field availability. There are school districts in South Carolina that have already told their legion teams no. What do you do if you don't have a high school sized field in your town....just fold for the year. Also are local sponsors going to be able to give money to fund a team this year?

At best you can't start the Legion season in NC until June 21st. That only gives you 6 weeks to have a regular season and to crown a champion. It can be done but I hope they are brainstorming every idea possible to make the right choice for the kids.

On the other hand. Juniors will be ok. You can run juniors all the way until the second week in August.

Is anyone in here part of Area IV? Any news on anything? Teams playing or not?

South Carolina is having their zoom coaches/AD meeting second weekend in April. Their league play starts June 7th and runs until either July 2nd or July 9th. Their playoffs start May 15th for high school baseball.

I truly believe that there are going to be a lot of legion teams in North Carolina that just says its not worth it. One of the main reasons is field availability. There are school districts in South Carolina that have already told their legion teams no. What do you do if you don't have a high school sized field in your town....just fold for the year. Also are local sponsors going to be able to give money to fund a team this year?

At best you can't start the Legion season in NC until June 21st. That only gives you 6 weeks to have a regular season and to crown a champion. It can be done but I hope they are brainstorming every idea possible to make the right choice for the kids.

On the other hand. Juniors will be ok. You can run juniors all the way until the second week in August.

Is anyone in here part of Area IV? Any news on anything? Teams playing or not?

Area IV is playing this year. There was a meeting of the 17 Area IV athletic directors a week ago. I don't know if all 17 programs are going to have teams or not. I'll have more info after I talk with someone this week who was at the meeting.

A decision has been made for Cherryville to host the 2021 state tournament. Kings Mountain who was to be the host in in 2020 was supposed to host the 2021 state tournament but reportedly could not guarantee they would have everything ready.

Last edited:
Area IV is playing this year. There was a meeting of the 17 Area IV athletic directors a week ago. I don't know if all 17 programs are going to have teams or not. I'll have more info after I talk with someone this week who was at the meeting.

A decision has been made for Cherryville to host the 2021 state tournament. Kings Mountain who was to be the host in in 2020 was supposed to host the 2021 state tournament but reportedly could not guarantee they would have everything ready.

Linkman thanks for the info! I look forward to hearing what teams will or will not be in. Love to know their start date too.

The Area IV games can begin June 12, the day after the end of the high school baseball regular season. Legion games with opponents outside of Area IV (if any teams have enough players) can be scheduled after May 15. There will be 16 teams participating, 8 in the Eastern division and 8 in the Western division. The regular season will be 14 games. The State Tournament will begin in Cherryville July 28 and run through August 1. Regional play in Asheboro will be August 3 through August 8.

Here are the Area IV teams:
Western Division
Hickory
Caldwell County
Cherryville
Rutherford
Asheville
Maidan
Cleveland County
Burke

Eastern Division
Gaston Braves
Gastonia
Union County
Pineville
Huntersville
Lincoln County
Mint Hill
Queen City

Last edited:
The Area IV games can begin June 12, the day after the end of the high school baseball regular season. Legion games with opponents outside of Area IV (if any teams have enough players) can be scheduled after May 15. There will be 16 teams participating, 8 in the Eastern division and 8 in the Western division. The regular season will be 14 games. The State Tournament will begin in Cherryville July 28 and run through August 1. Regional play in Asheboro will be August 3 through August 8.

Western Division
Hickory
Caldwell County
Cherryville
Rutherford
Asheville
Maidan
Cleveland County
Burke

Eastern Division
Gaston Braves
Gastonia
Union County
Pineville
Huntersville
Lincoln County
Mint Hill
Queen City

They all say they will have a team as of right now. But I wonder if the teams that play at school districts fields have actually checked and asked the school district. I will be shocked if Queen City has a team. Where are they going to play? They were supposed to have a team it seems like the last 4-5 years. They are now having 2 scbl teams playing at myers park.

They all say they will have a team as of right now. But I wonder if the teams that play at school districts fields have actually checked and asked the school district. I will be shocked if Queen City has a team. Where are they going to play? They were supposed to have a team it seems like the last 4-5 years. They are now having 2 scbl teams playing at myers park.
sense the state t

Western Division
Hickory
Caldwell County
Cherryville
Rutherford
Asheville
Maidan
Cleveland County
Burke

Eastern Division
Gaston Braves
Gastonia
Union County
Pineville
Huntersville
Lincoln County
Mint Hill
Queen City
sense state tournament will start , July 28 the area playoffs will have to start the first week in July. their normal time

Last edited:
north darolina needs to going back to playing 9 inning games , until the regionals and have to use national rules then

Cherryville Post 100 had their signups on Sunday, May 23. They had 35-40 players show up. The Juniors begin play 6/13 with an 18 game schedule that runs through 7/10. The Seniors schedule begins 6/5 with a couple of games with non Area IV opponents the first week before getting into Area IV play after June 11. The Seniors have a 17 game schedule before the Area IV playoffs begin on 7/2.

Not sure but someone said Cleveland County had around 28. Crest kids were not there because they had a game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT