ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Pre-Season All-State Football Team

I have never seen either player and sure both are going places to further their education. From an unbiased opinion , you can only be 'just as good' as the number 1 ranked player in the country at a position,only if you are also are ranked number 1 in the country.

Depends on who is doing the ranking

Reactions: Crr1968
Ian Williams might be just as good. What school does Karty play for? If you haven’t seen Williams, then you don’t know just how good he is. He’s got deep range as well. No sense and being bitter about someone’s opinion

I have seen both. Williams is excellent... no doubt. That being said, Karty has the best leg I have seen in my lifetime. The ball makes a completely different sound coming off his foot. I was with a well known football observer here in NC that saw the opening kickoff & literally said “oh my god, that sounded like a cannon.” I kinda laughed when I told him he missed it because it only about 7 or 8 yards into the endzone. He then hit one thru the uprights about 10 minutes later. It’s an NFL leg on a high school kid.

I’m not bitter. I’m stating a fact. I am confident enough to state it as such. I have video of him hitting from 45 with no step and from both 65 & 70 at the NUC this past January. I have shared those videos with a couple posters on here... CatholicCougs14 and Nepsy7.

You can say it is opinion and depends on who is doing the ratings. Fine, fair enough. He was ranked #1 as a Jr and the 247composite has him #1 going into this year.

Some don’t like the way I do things here and that’s ok. I gave Williams the honor for 2018 All State and therefore by my procedures he was an automatic selection for pre season 2019.

I always go back and compare pre-season to post season all-State to see how they did.

I could pick a 2nd and 3rd team and there would still be differences, so I just limit it to one team.

Is football season here yet?

Congrats to Western Alamance kicker Josh Karty on his selection to the 2020 Under Armour All America game in January. He was 1 of 2 selected after a competition of kickers from across the country this past weekend.

I’m ready for football season too.

Reactions: SWO-WA
aAname not on here that is going to kill it this coming season is Dorian Clark. He is a D1 baseball and football prospect from Terry Sanford. He had 1600 yards last year splitting time. tTe other back had 1200. If he plays 3/4 of all their games this kid could rush for 2K plus. Physical, fast and mean!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT