ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Franklin 21 @ #1 E Lincoln 31 Final

Originally posted by big army mike:

I guess all you got is # 36 . Without him you would not even been here. He had all your yardage rushing. The other backs had nothing. East is not a one man team like Franklin. and when Chaze came in on defense in the 4th Quarter that little 5 yard Hook pass to #14 went away
This post was edited on 12/6 4:27 PM by big army mike
Calm down. Surratt played more than the 4th at CB. And got beat a corner route in the end zone that we dropped for TD.

-Franklin was missing #1 receiver....#1 all time INT leader. QB had broken ankle.......dropped a TD in the end zone......
-East Lincoln had penalties......Surratt was not on........big army mike has a YEAST INFECTION.....whatever

This game needs little analysis boys. Cause it was left out there on the field. It was a GREAT game. And at the end of the day, if you can't recognize that when two good HS football teams lock up it comes down to big plays and big players then you don't know much. #12 made two plays (TD pass with :19 seconds in half) and a 35 yard completion down to 5 on a 3rd and 12??? late in 4th. That's what next level players do. Congrats. #12 is special.

But if your to stupid to give props to Franklin, their coaching staff, their CBs job on covering athletes, their LBs job in pressuring #12....... you don't know much.

And, oh yeah, this guy...200+ yards, 3TDs. Played every snap. Ran for TDs, fought for 1st downs when they were not there, and flat busted your mouth. If you can't humbly move on with your week and acknowledge that E Lincoln was in a BATTLE and fortunate to move on..... Again, you don't know much. I will jump in the fox hole with these guys any day.

10639715_10203747821240925_6687701170846563464_n.jpg

2 plays, kid accounted for over 400 yds of offense. Dropped pass he never got his hands on it, you weren't even the best team EL played in the playoffs bottom line. 13 penalties to 5 called on Franklin, you had every call and every bounce, poor spots all night long, mysterious holding on int. your kids are tough and had a great run stop trying to justify your being there they obviously belonged there and took every advantage of it they could. Congrats to the kids over there and I hope next year is just as successful. Let it go man.

Read the above, I said poor spots, like the ball being spotted by the referee. Is there a therapist in the house, Franklinfan is two posts away from a stroke. Good luck next year.

LOL. Your a joke. He is a D1 player. I would hope he could do great things. And he did. But he stepped above with those two plays. Like I said, you know nothing. Every compliment you give is very measured. I talked to one of your coaches, and yeah..... Franklin was the best team you played.

Quit being such a homer

Originally posted by CM3:
Squirrel your talking to a very sensitive group, just let them be and they will go away. Fair assessment of the game, was a great game, ton of stupid penalties by EL but I believe some of that was caused by frustration, great gameplan by Franklin, I said before the game, if everything is even the team that makes the needed adjustments and has the X factor will win. Chazz is a special player and you could tell that EARLY WHEN HE MOVED INTO EL HIS FRESHMAN YEAR. Valentine, Banks, Tomberlin, Surratt, and Dollar have been great offensive weapons and Chaz has done a great job all year getting them the ball. Both lines for East Lincoln are undersized most nights and last night was no different, there is an advantage for most teams there.
CM3, this was a reference you made to the Wolves posters. Looks like that brotherly dialogue between you and some Panther posters might be going down hill.....I just have to ask, given the choice who would you prefer to have as neighbors, the Franklin posters or us kindly Lincolnton sorts. Go on CM3, thrall us with your answer.
happy.r191677.gif

Win or lose I've always been respectful to the teams never mentioned a player or coach unless positive now I have thrown jabs at some posters but these guys are a mess, will always be proud to call Lincolnton our neighbors.

Originally posted by CM3:
2 plays, kid accounted for over 400 yds of offense. Dropped pass he never got his hands on it, you weren't even the best team EL played in the playoffs bottom line. 13 penalties to 5 called on Franklin, you had every call and every bounce, poor spots all night long, mysterious holding on int. your kids are tough and had a great run stop trying to justify your being there they obviously belonged there and took every advantage of it they could. Congrats to the kids over there and I hope next year is just as successful. Let it go man.
?.......just curious who was.

Excuses, excuses. EL had a bad night and still came out on top. Some of you Franklin fans are sore losers and can't accept the fact that you lost to a team just as good as yours. We overcame adversity and fought till the end. There was more than 1 player from each team on the field from what I could tell. Without the support of the other players on each side...the ones you speak of as being "all you have"... are nothing. Surrat nor Young made every throw, run, tackle, int or TD. Give these other players their due credit for fighting for the win. Franklin is a hard nosed fighting machine and we were fortunate to come out with a W. On to Winston Salem to the next opponent and we hope to come out with the victory. To Mr. Lincolnton, we love having the rivalry with you guys. LHS football has been the class of the league and area for a long time and we are proud to be in it with you. To say we have defeated you 4 straight or whatever it is...is a major accomplishment. Please don't poke fun at me for my butchering the english language or my punctuation errors. After all...I am an EL grad , so you should understand. Good luck to all and safe travels this week.

Well there is no way that I can compete with some of these Classic post that have been on this thread, but as an unbiased observer I can say it was a good football game that these two football teams played. The Franklin bunch were very disciplined on defense and played there assignments as well as I have seen. The Franklin D Line was a good group but needed a blitzing linebacker to force the QB out of the pocket. As well as the Franklin Defense played the East Lincoln Defense did as well. The East defense does not get a lot of publicity but they held Franklin to 7 points in the second half and the week before that I dont think they allowed a point in the second half.

The East Lincoln offense is probably as good as you may see in 2AA football. They spread it around and can score in a hurry. A prime example was the score just before the half ended to take the 21 to 14 lead. Now not to offend my Lincolnton friends but yes the Franklin defense played better than the Lincolnton defense against East. Now whether or not they were better I can not say but this is just my opinion fellas. Now I know that you all have a civil war like rivalry but I would like to invite you all to come up 27 a little bit further and Hang out with us West Lincoln people!!!! We aint got no Lake but we have several ponds and we aint got no courthouse but I have never had anything good happen to me a courthouse. The last time I was there I got a Marriage license!!!!!!
roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by scroncej:
Well there is no way that I can compete with some of these Classic post that have been on this thread, but as an unbiased observer I can say it was a good football game that these two football teams played. The Franklin bunch were very disciplined on defense and played there assignments as well as I have seen. The Franklin D Line was a good group but needed a blitzing linebacker to force the QB out of the pocket. As well as the Franklin Defense played the East Lincoln Defense did as well. The East defense does not get a lot of publicity but they held Franklin to 7 points in the second half and the week before that I dont think they allowed a point in the second half.

The East Lincoln offense is probably as good as you may see in 2AA football. They spread it around and can score in a hurry. A prime example was the score just before the half ended to take the 21 to 14 lead. Now not to offend my Lincolnton friends but yes the Franklin defense played better than the Lincolnton defense against East. Now whether or not they were better I can not say but this is just my opinion fellas. Now I know that you all have a civil war like rivalry but I would like to invite you all to come up 27 a little bit further and Hang out with us West Lincoln people!!!! We aint got no Lake but we have several ponds and we aint got no courthouse but I have never had anything good happen to me a courthouse. The last time I was there I got a Marriage license!!!!!!
roll.r191677.gif

Agreed! Franklin's defense played better against EL than did Lincolnton's! And East Lincoln's defense was nasty. CM3 had them ready. And West Lincoln is the prettiest area of our fair County, and has no need of a 'lake'...and you have a great TD celebration there... Sorry it got used by those other folk. They will someday develop their own special thing. They just have to find their way.

And the Franklin fans reminded me greatly of your own. And I mean that in a very positve way. Rabid, no-nonsense believers...showed up early and stayed late. Beaten, but not broken. Ready to go again...

Enough of that lovey talk. How's rassling gonna be this year? (GoDevils says you will be playing for second place...)

PS: You? Caught surprised at our rivalry with our Eastern cousins? Not buying it. Thanks for the wisdom, tho.

Originally posted by AlwaysAWolf:
Originally posted by scroncej:

roll.r191677.gif

Agreed! Franklin's defense played better against EL than did Lincolnton's! And East Lincoln's defense was nasty. CM3 had them ready. And West Lincoln is the prettiest area of our fair County, and has no need of a 'lake'...and you have a great TD celebration there... Sorry it got used by those other folk. They will someday develop their own special thing. They just have to find their way.

And the Franklin fans reminded me greatly of your own. And I mean that in a very positve way. Rabid, no-nonsense believers...showed up early and stayed late. Beaten, but not broken. Ready to go again...

Enough of that lovey talk. How's rassling gonna be this year? (GoDevils says you will be playing for second place...)

PS: You? Caught surprised at our rivalry with our Eastern cousins? Not buying it. Thanks for the wisdom, tho.
Well I appreciate the praise for wisdom!!! As I mentioned before being married I dont hear that alot!!!! Now on the the playing for second place in rasslin? I will take my chances with our younguns and see what happens and if it is second place then that is what it is! (Insert John Fox quotes here) I recon you are right I am not caught by surprise with this type of FAMILY disputes well from what I know the Hatfields and McCoys had some relations as well!!!! Aw good times

44ELHS, I know you enjoy the East Lincoln-Lincolnton match ups. East has made it into a tough rivalry and you are correct, the last four times we played them they showed us the door. It makes us look forward to the next game,though.
About poking fun, I would never do that. I have a hard enough time checking my own writing. You are a proud, hard-nosed Mustang who loves his team and besides that you're good to old people, like me...Hope you get to attend the title game in Winston-Salem, Saturday. I don't know much about Washington other than it has been fifty-eight years since they played for a state title in football. I saw this on their online newspaper but it wouldn't let me read much without a subscription...I also know their teams are called the Pam Pack. I saw them play for a baseball state title in the 1980's against Statesville. I asked a fan why they're called the Pam Pack. He said it means the pack from the Pamlico River which runs by their town.These guys might be tough but I know east will be ready. Good luck.

Scroncej, I think you're right about our defense. We looked pretty bad against East but that had a lot to do with them. They have a very explosive offense...Speaking of coming west. I get to see you more during baseball season than football season when you're usually in the press box or covering a game somewhere else. Nevertheless, it's always nice to talk with you. Usually I learn something.

I can and will say this East Lincoln is the best 2a team I have seen this year. Now that could change Saturday when I see Clinton, Shelby or Washington. I agree East Lincoln's defense is underrated.

Of course Franklin's defense played East better than Lincolnton. Just look at score. Not making any excuses but Lincolnton was not 100 percent either time they played East. Having that experienced safety back there would have made a difference. Probably not enough to win but would have helped.

I think we will see two great games on Saturday. Good luck to the Mustangs!
This post was edited on 12/8 10:54 PM by LHSWolves

AlwaysAWolf posted:

-------------------------------------

Not sure I said it exactly like that but I did imply it for sure. Beat defending 3A state champion Morehead this weekend and 4A power Lake Norman. Lost to five time consecutive state champion Gilmer, GA. Looking good again. Ranked second in state after two state titles. Won Hough High Invitational again over all 3a and 4 a teams.

Anybody got a list of SD7 all conference players?

Dont mess with Gilmer!

And apologies for vocalizing your inference, GDG. I got carried away. I was just baiting my Western cousin a little. He gave it a sniff, but dropped the bait...
This post was edited on 12/10 8:05 AM by AlwaysAWolf

Originally posted by 44ELHS:
We overcame adversity and fought till the end. There was more than 1 player from each team on the field from what I could tell. Without the support of the other players on each side...the ones you speak of as being "all you have"... are nothing. Surrat nor Young made every throw, run, tackle, int or TD. Give these other players their due credit for fighting for the win. Franklin is a hard nosed fighting machine and we were fortunate to come out with a W. On to Winston Salem to the next opponent and we hope to come out with the victory. .
+1

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT