ADVERTISEMENT

1A Scores and Updates 9/18

JK 35 EC 21 final

Was worried about this one with a couple of key players out with injuries for this game. Way to take care of business.

congrats mounties!!! these two teams never disappoint!!!!! OMD thank you for the updates ,and hope all the best to you guys the rest of the way! we need to get together and make that crowd fix the dang radio...seriously! lol

congrats mounties!!! these two teams never disappoint!!!!! OMD thank you for the updates ,and hope all the best to you guys the rest of the way! we need to get together and make that crowd fix the dang radio...seriously! lol

Wish I knew more of what happened than just the bare score... not at all the kind of game I was expecting to see. (And I didn't even see it. :) ) But it is what it is. Good luck to you all the rest of the season too.

Final Murphy 35 - Gilmer 28

pretty good win all things considered, Murphy's run defense needs a lot of work

kinda what I heard

If I was a betting man, I would say it had something to do with the flags, I swear between every hiccup on the live feed, I seen a flag, but I honestly have no clue, I turned it off after a quarter, it was unbearable trying to watch that horrid feed.

Sorry guys my phone died ... Cherokee had a game winning drive with 35 sec left to win it

If I was a betting man, I would say it had something to do with the flags, I swear between every hiccup on the live feed, I seen a flag, but I honestly have no clue, I turned it off after a quarter, it was unbearable trying to watch that horrid feed.
I wish I could of made the game. a huge disservice not having on the radio..imo

My understanding is there were technical issues that prevented the game being transmitted back to AM 1400 in Waynesville so they carried WWNC's game of the week feed.

As for the game, Coach got two USC's after arguing that the clock was run for about seconds after the linesman had signaled to stop the clock when Tuscola's RB went out of bounds. It's a DQ, not an ejection so there is no carry over. Same clock operator then fails to start the clock when we kick our FG. It may not have run out to the half but it dang sure shouldn't have had the same amount of time after the kick as before the kick. The officials wouldn't run any time off and our assistant, who had just seen his boss tossed out, obviously didn't want to kick up another discussion them.

Swain is a great program and good coaches but I expect better out of their press box than what we saw Friday night. I think the play clocks went out in the 3rd quarter and they never bothered to turn them off.

I heard Swain got a new scoreboard a lot like the one we just got. Might be because its a new system to them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT