ADVERTISEMENT

1A Rankings Week 6

I like taking ncpreps maxpreps Carolina preps and combine them.
With only ncpreps and maxpreps it's not as accurate. Need 3.

I like taking ncpreps maxpreps Carolina preps and combine them.
With only ncpreps and maxpreps it's not as accurate. Need 3.
If you average the rankings of all 3, the top 10 looks like this:
1 Tarboro (2)
2 Mitchell (2.33)
3 Holmes (3.66)
4 East Surry (4)
5 Murphy (4.66)
6 Robbinsville (5.66)
7 Princeton (7.33)
8 Mount Airy (8.33)
9 Thomas Jefferson (8.66)
10 Polk (11)

If you average the rankings of all 3, the top 10 looks like this:
1 Tarboro (2)
2 Mitchell (2.33)
3 Holmes (3.66)
4 East Surry (4)
5 Murphy (4.66)
6 Robbinsville (5.66)
7 Princeton (7.33)
8 Mount Airy (8.33)
9 Thomas Jefferson (8.66)
10 Polk (11)
Well you beat me to it I was just working on that was about to post it. Glad to see my math was wrong lol

They need to ask Mount Airy how they are doing such a great job on COVID-19.
They have let all students that wanted to have in class school the whole year and played all sports with no COVID problems so far. From what I was told it was like in the 80s % attending class and the rest computer at home. This came from a person I trust that knows. It was maybe 6 weeks ago that I got this message on Facebook and I may be off on the %age. Someone may can clear this up that is more in the know.

They need to ask Mount Airy how they are doing such a great job on COVID-19.
They have let all students that wanted to have in class school the whole year and played all sports with no COVID problems so far. From what I was told it was like in the 80s % attending class and the rest computer at home. This came from a person I trust that knows. It was maybe 6 weeks ago that I got this message on Facebook and I may be off on the %age. Someone may can clear this up that is more in the know.
This was his only comment I just found that this person posted around Feb.25th about Mount Airy being in school since August. They didn't say anything about sports but from what I see on Twitter they are playing all sports.
"We’ve been back full time since August for those that chose to come back "

I'm not using any now that CP is gone.
What happen to the APpoll?
I guess Simmons will work if you wait until tomorrow. Trading CP rankings for Simmons is a downgrade though

I'm not using any now that CP is gone.
What happen to the APpoll?
I guess Simmons will work if you wait until tomorrow. Trading CP rankings for Simmons is a downgrade though
The ncpreps poll is the CP poll Chis is the one doing the polls unless I am totally mistaken. That happens often.

Go Mountaineers

No. Not true. I dont even have Robbinsville ranked top 3. Come on man

I've never used simmons. Ever.
Two reasons I didnt use Simmons.
1. Comes out on Thursdays if at all.
2. Not as accurate.
But you need 3 atleast.
The more the better but using last weeks rankings really hinders the accuracy.

Yawning at this conversation , I'm a MA guy and could care didley squat about any polls. It all shakes out come playoff time. One thing for certain is that the two best teams will be playing in the ship. Nobody remembers much after that anyways , they don't even really remember runner ups either. Bears are young, They own ES head to head over the years, this years game will be a good one. Cards might win , Bears might win , but here's a fact and that is the bears will dominate this series in years to come.

Ps , its a fact that the Mountain six is weak, nobody here can deny that, its a fact that MA should have beat Pisgah, But should've and could've ain't close to did. But is also a fact that the Bears didn't have a week 1 and they played on the hardwood two day s before the Pisgah game. But its also a fact that Bears looked bad against prep, but somehow still managed to win by 4 touchdowns. But the real fact is if east is undefeated and the bears haven't won a game going into the week of the east game it is still usually a heck of a game, that's how rivalry's are. Wouldn't have it any other way

If only 2 are used it creates alot of ties.
Using 3 stops ties.

The ncpreps poll is the CP poll Chis is the one doing the polls unless I am totally mistaken. That happens often.

Go Mountaineers
NCPreps Deana & helpers or Mods across the state used to vote on the polls and maybe they are all working with Chris. Correct me if I am wrong Chris or Deana.

Last edited:
Before NCPreps and Carolina Preps merged, I did my own separate NCPreps poll. It wasn’t a power ranking like Maxpreps or SimmonsRatings. It was a human poll (lol). Some years I had others vote in it and sometimes I did not and did it myself.

So who's the 4 teams ahead of Robbinsville?
[/QUOTEuI
So who's the 4 teams ahead of Robbinsville?
The ranks should just be left alone from last seasons ending ,the defending 1a or 1aa champs should still be atop that list in either order robbinsville or east surry or east surry and robbinsville until another 1a team defeats them, cause really who stands out with a bigger win right now .Mitchell beats heritage and that moves them to 1 lol , heritage is not even atop some of 2a .Only team out of Mitchell , tarboro and Murphy I would say that is outright good without a big big win is tarboro . Fact is u have to beat the man to be the man , ain’t sayin it won’t be changed around , just think the competition this year is too close to pick a lead horse, just happy these kids get to enjoy their school years .Good luck to all the boys from the mountains to the coast
Yawning at this conversation , I'm a MA guy and could care didley squat about any polls. It all shakes out come playoff time. One thing for certain is that the two best teams will be playing in the ship. Nobody remembers much after that anyways , they don't even really remember runner ups either. Bears are young, They own ES head to head over the years, this years game will be a good one. Cards might win , Bears might win , but here's a fact and that is the bears will dominate this series in years to come.
lol

With East Surry 6th and Mount Airy 12th, MA earned a jump back to the top 10 after losing to East Surry by only 7, and someone posted PLP had to flip a coin to get their spot. All other polls have them in the top 8 and higher. East Surry's scores only came in and after the 10:54 mark of the 2nd Qtr of a rain-delayed game. No scores in the 2nd half. Is that a 6th ranked team playing against a 6 senior team. I think not.

Sad your fan base talked crap about East coaching staff all year and I believe I saw a post wanting ma coach out now saying he can’t win the big game .Honestly if I weee him I wouldn’t want to be around that crowd .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT