Winston Salem Prep 10-4(5-0)

Bishop McGuiness 12-4(3-2)

Mount Airy 10-5(4-2)

East Surry 11-5(3-2)

North Stokes 8-7(2-3)

Walkertown 3-11(0-5)

Atkins 1-15(1-4)
This post was edited on 1/11 4:02 PM by Xman8balla

Just saw WS Prep totally destroy Mt. Airy 73-47. Prep played without one of its' top players who was out sick. I don't see anyone in the conference standing a chance with them at full strength.

Disagree.

Prep is very good, but far from invincible. Mount Airy just doesn't have the horses to stay with them because they have zero depth, whereas Prep has a great deal of depth but not much in the way of top end players.

East Surry took them to the limit earlier this year and Bishop, who is playing at less than full strength themselves (not for much longer though), stuck with them into the second half.

The same player that got hurt at the beginning of the first Bishop game for Prep didn't play against East Surry or Mt. Airy. Prep won all of these by double digits without being at full strength. It sounds like you are predicting victories for East and Bishop over Prep. Very presumptuous. Number 11 for Prep looked like a top end player while dominating Mt. Airy's big fella, and he is a soph.

Not predicting anything, just saying that it's presumptuous to say nobody has a shot against them when they've been routed more than once this year out of conference and have been pushed on several occasions within the league already.

As for Hollingsworth, I like him as a player too, but let's not pretend like he's a high major D-1 prospect. His absence hasn't changed much for them (if anything, they played better without him) and Zaire is still really raw and prone to inconsistency.

They were outstanding tonight, no question. But to say they're unbeatable is a real stretch.

Routed more than once? Lost by 3 to Reynolds, 5 in overtime to Reagan and 20 to nationally ranked Wesleyan in a game that was 32-26 at half. 73-47 is a rout not 69-66 or 57-52. And had they not missed 17 free throws against Reynolds and 16 against Reagan Wesleyan would be their only loss. Free throw shooting is the only thing that can beat them in conference.

Prep beat Bishop by 16, Walkertown by 35, East Surry by 11 and Mt. Airy by 26 without Hollingsworth. I don't think it is a stretch to say they will run the table. And if you feel his addition will make them weaker, oh well! I agree Prep is not as strong as in past years, but neither is anyone else in this conference. And the kid that Bishop gets back is not a high D-I recruit either.

You are correct coach, the injured kid for Bishop is not a high D-1 player but he is 6'9" with a big body and a serious attitude.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT