ADVERTISEMENT

1A and 4A playoffs

Then if Mount Airy, Mitchell, Murphy, and Mtn Island Charter become the west 1-A powers then does that leave West Montgomery, North Rowan, East Wilkes, Swain, and Polk County as the west 1-AA powers?

Then if Mount Airy, Mitchell, Murphy, and Mtn Island Charter become the west 1-A powers then does that leave West Montgomery, North Rowan, East Wilkes, Swain, and Polk County as the west 1-AA powers?
Probably, though Swain is close enough to the cutoff that they could eventually go 1A if their enrollment keeps decreasing.

Also I would add that although East Wilkes is on a nice run of talent at the moment I'm not sure they're a long term "1AA power", they will have to prove they belong in that category. The same applies to Mountain Island (and to a lesser extent Mitchell) in 1A. I would probably lump Polk County in with East Wilkes as far as having to prove something in 1AA, but with Bruce Ollis back at the helm I think his resume/results speaks for itself.

So if your non-conference schedule is strong, then that could help your team's Maxpreps rankings?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT