ADVERTISEMENT

#16 Draughn AT #1 Eastern Randolph

I be surprised if there's any game to it. Probably be pretty much like most games tonight and over by halftime
Good luck to Mitchell over the next few weeks. Hope both of our teams meet in Mount Airy in what 3 weeks if both keep winning ? Are we the only ones still hipped up and still awake ? Great game the last time they meet.

He had 21 yards against MA
Now see that gives ER something to shoot for. Hold RB to less than 21 and what was score?
56-6 I think?
Score more than 56 (probably won’t happen because ER will pull almost everybody if score gets out of hand) and don’t let them score!
Wait Draughn scored on Mt Airy?
Might be interesting game in Ramseur then…

Game will be over by halftime. ER wins by 4-6 TD's.
We will see. Never know how you come off a bye week. Could come out rested and on fire, or out of sync. Dealing with teens lol. I do know they had a great week of practice so hopefully that carries over into game week and Friday night.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ER may start slow but they'll find their stride. Best thing Draughn can do is hope to win the toss, and ground and pound Dula for a 8 minute TD drive.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Not to skip ahead but lets skip ahead.

Next few years could be interesting. Sounds like ER, MA and Rville all have promising underclassmen. Mitchell and Heritage should be improved next year as well. (Then Mitchell should take a step back). Not sure about Starmount, Andrews, Swain, Cherokee or Murphy. Draughn shoild be improved as well as they play a lot of young underclassmen. All to see who gets to play Tarboro.

As for this game ER BIG. Still think ER represents the west in the finals.

Go Mountaineers

ER lost 41-0 last year in the 2A playoffs so I'm sure they are happy to be in 1A.
Also beat Clinton in first round so…
Lost backup QB during Clinton game then starter early in that one. Ended up with WR playing quarterback. Might not have made a difference but might…
Also they have done fairly decent in higher classifications so don’t think they have put that much thought into where NCHSAA has placed them…
But I could be wrong…
Nah…
Oh wait you’re the same poster who said they haven’t played anybody right???
Now see that probably means you know a thing or two…👍

Lost backup QB during Clinton game then starter early in that one. Ended up with WR playing quarterback. Might not have made a difference but might…
Also they have done fairly decent in higher classifications so don’t think they have put that much thought into where NCHSAA has placed them…
But I could be wrong…
Nah…
And had to play at 1:00 after a four hour bus ride. Pretty sure Northeastern would have beaten most 1A teams they were loaded, likely the only team that could have beaten Tarboro on a given day. But honestly none of this talk matters. There are a handful or two of teams that can win the title and it will all come down to who makes the plays and gets the breaks over the next five weeks.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Odd to me it's ER's schedule that makes me think they'll be hard for everyone in 1A to beat, being the 3A East #1 seed's only lost.
I know looking at scores and comparing isn’t the best but ER beat SW Randolph 31-14
We (Polk) beat SW Randolph 29-14 ... (and left at least 14 points on the field )
and this years team is just OK .... nothing special. It probably means nothing but I think the usual top 1a teams will not have a big problem with ER.
Who knows tho 😂

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
But I could be wrong…
Nah…

Eastern Alamance are only the 1 seed by name. They will be out of the playoffs soon.

Nigel Dula ran for 478 yards against Elkin Friday night.
Ok, we know a couple of things in a 56 to 9 win when one player get 578 yards rushing. NO ONE TOOK THEIR FOOT OFF THE GAS.
Talk about running up the score! Yes, Mt Airy score 75 points on Union Academy but only one player scored two TDs. The starters were out mid second qt, JV's played almost all 3rd and 4th qt.
Our #3, 5, 8 and 1 were not ALLOWED the opportunity to run up leader broad.
As Busscoach reported (I believe it was) that Dula racked up all of 21 yards on MT Airy.
East Randolph, have it against Draughn. Elkin was beat up, beat down and a lot of players were on the sideline hurt. Every one in the State knew it.

I know looking at scores and comparing isn’t the best but ER beat SW Randolph 31-14
We (Polk) beat SW Randolph 29-14 ... (and left at least 14 points on the field )
and this years team is just OK .... nothing special. It probably means nothing but I think the usual top 1a teams will not have a big problem with ER.
Who knows tho 😂
And that’s why they play the games…
ER against SWR is an in county big rivalry game. SWR coach spent last 9 or 10 ish years as HC at ER.
I know that shouldn’t mean much but I think it does.
I was not demeaning 1A by saying ER hasn’t played any. Just stating a fact. No one knows how they will do against “good” 1A teams because as I may have mentioned THEY HAVEN’T PLAYED ANY…

Like I said in another thread and was told I was full of shit. Not many people are giving ER any respect and the comments around here speak for themselves. Maybe they are right but we will find out as time goes on. Nobody is going to know until the games get played. All you can do is play the schedule in front of you. Clearly by their non conference schedule they did all they could to face competitive teams. Luckily kids aren't playing for the approval of the NCPreps posters. Win it all and the naysayers will disappear. Lose and they'll be right there to say told you so. It's easy when you drop in and out all over the message boards just trying to stir the pot. Somebody is gonna come out of the west and they've got a hell of a road to travel to get there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT