ADVERTISEMENT

WWE/NFL Helmet Mashup

That's funny... My Mother watched the WWE until she died, in her 90's.She would get so upset. The TV would be so loud, her hands would shake and her breathing would become labored. I always worried she would have a heart attack or stroke.

That's funny... My Mother watched the WWE until she died, in her 90's.She would get so upset. The TV would be so loud, her hands would shake and her breathing would become labored. I always worried she would have a heart attack or stroke.

Could be worse.. one my mom's distant uncles actually died from watching wrestling! It was in the early 70's in the territory days when they were more violent and real; my mom said he ate it up and watched it die hard every Saturday night when it was on his local station. One of his favorite wrestlers got betrayed in a match by another wrestler and her uncle got so red he fell flat from a heart attack. She didn't know him super well but her grandma knew him well and wasn't shocked by it.

I can see why he was so passionate those territory days were so fun especially our area's territory Mid Atlantic and the WWWF then.

SK, I have a friend, here, who believes his father passed away from watching it. He would tell me I should stop my mother from watching it. I talked to her doctor who said it would upset her even worse if I would try to do that, but she wasn't someone you could order around.

She couldn't hear well and refused a hearing aid (which she had). She would say the wrestlers' names in the way she understood it: Kevin Nash=Calvin Nantz (a local mail carrier), Rey Mysterio= Ray Material (?).

More than once, I'd be in the basement (to get away from the blare of the TV) and she would start yelling for me. I would dash up the stairs thinking she had fallen and when I got there she would have her fists balled up and breathing hard and say "three men jumped on one". I would say "good lord", she would think I said it in agreement with her, but it was because she scared me half to death thinking she had fallen. For her, I believe it was a good versus evil thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT