ADVERTISEMENT

Where are regionals played this year?

20 to 25 years ago Regionals were held at Lenoir Ryne University. That was great. I sure Catawba College and Queens would be available also. But you are right, follow the money.
I have stood outside Lenoir Rhyne and waited for one game to finish before they let us in for the next one.

Not just final 4 KANT....for several years they used to host the final 8 at one sight over a weeks period..........for many years the 1A final EIGHT was at Garner high school....the 2A was at W-S Reynolds....the 3A was at the old Durham high school...and the 4A was at Greensboro Grimsley...all of the above only proves how old I'm getting to be.....................
I may get to call the Rams!

Interesting that East Gaston and Lincoln Charter are both 2 hours from Reidsville and Salisbury is the halfway point.

NCHSAA has released potential sites for regional finals.

Potential Regional Host Sites for March 4, 2023
East: Lee County, South Garner,
South Johnston, Southern Lee

West: A.C. Reynolds, Freedom, Grimsley
McDowell, Providence

Reactions: FreedomAlum
I guess there are 5 in the west because they're waiting to see if there are far west teams left after tonight to decide whether to use AC Reynolds?

That or freedom women are still in the playoffs and may not want to use the facility if they are still playing Saturday.
I think the regulation is that a regional final can't be played in a gym where one team or the other has practiced the day before (or something like that). So, Freedom wouldn't be able to play at home but East Burke or Draughn might. I suppose we will be able to see some sort of logic after the results tonight. Interesting to see Providence included. Freedom played a girl's sectional there many years ago and it's big for Charlotte, but probably not more than 1600-1800 capacity (if my memory serves). It would be a shorter drive for a hypothetical Cent, Cabarrus/W. Charlotte matchup and it wouldn't be sold out if the crowd they drew in Morganton last year is any indication.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT