ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 playoff scores

Every program has injuries. Kids are getting hurt more and more now because they are playing something 24/7. Cramps are a byproduct of dehydration. Coach can't make them drink water. Also a broken collarbone can't be prevented by any amount of training.

Reactions: Swain97
Lowman was smart to take the East job if he was looking for something bigger. I don't think he'll stay long. He's setting up for a bigger job imo. Mount Airy is going to be in good shape soon. East Surry is on their way back to earth.

Last edited:
That's typical as it gets warmer...

Go find a game any night of the week in warmer weather in which a handful of players don't cramp. You're trying to make something out of nothing.

Everyone talks Holder this and Holder that. Kelly was great. He was also the beneficiary of many great athletes including a phenomenal running back in his 1 championship year. Outside of a couple years he was subpar in the playoffs as well. And as mentioned only has 1 state title to show for.
Watched west stokes play Mt Airy quite a bit over last 12 years and west won their share. It seemed like Holder got a lot out of undersized players but you are right only 1 championship. Give this coach a chance he might bring you a title with the young talent Mt Airy has.

I would rather take an L than be spoon feed a W.

This is the nchsaa transfer rule and I may be dumb but I can't tell if mean that charters have to go by the same rule as a LEA. school or if it means they don't....to me it reads like they do.
1.2.10 Transfer Policy: After initial entry into the ninth grade, and absent a bona fide move as provided in the Res-
idence section of this Handbook (See 1.2.9):
(a) A student transferring from one member school to another member school within the same LEA must
sit out 365 days for athletic participation. The LEA can create criteria for immediate athletic eligibility
for transfers within the LEA.
(b) A student transferring from one member school in one LEA to another member school in a different
LEA must sit out two consecutive semesters, or 365 days, whichever is less, for athletic participation.
NOTE: A student’s participation in cheerleading is not subject to the NCHSAA Transfer Policy.
(1) By mutual agreement that the transfer is not for athletic purposes, a student’s first transfer
from LEA to LEA, and absent a bona fide move, is not subject to the NCHSAA Transfer Policy.
(i). Absent mutual agreement, and in consideration of the above, exceptions for immedi-
ate athletic eligibility for transfers from one LEA to a different LEA will be heard by a
NCHSAA Transfer Committee.
(ii) The NCHSAA Transfer Committee will be composed of the NCHSAA Executive Com-
mittee and at least one (1) non-district affiliated member school representative.
(2) The two-consecutive semester application occurs when a student is enrolled for at least 50%
of the semester in which the student initially enrolled and all of the following semester.
(3) Students transferring to the same member school where the student’s coach has relocated
within a calendar year will be deemed ineligible in any sport in which the coach is involved.
(4) A student may not participate in practices or workouts, in-season or out-of-season, until the
student’s transfer has been validated by the NCHSAA.
(c) If a member school is not part of a defined LEA (e.g., charter school, non-boarding parochial school,
etc.), then the member school itself will be considered its own LEA for purposes of this policy (i.e.,
exceptions involving these member schools will fall under subsection (b) above).
They do as they are a part of NCHSAA....

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Watched west stokes play Mt Airy quite a bit over last 12 years and west won their share. It seemed like Holder got a lot out of undersized players but you are right only 1 championship. Give this coach a chance he might bring you a title with the young talent Mt Airy has.
I don't know about that I'm starting to wonder about play calling with 3 man front and 8 playing deep why are we trying to throw the ball and when we do run why do we run the ball straight up the middle to there 3 to take down seems to me we should be trying to attack those corners on the run

MA will not win a big game until we have a different coach. This team and jv kids are so out of shape. Alot of cramps and injuries Wich ik it's contact sport. Seen alot of fb at MA and these kids are not prepared every week and adjustments are not made. I'm just saying on here what every one else is at MA.
Coach Atkins is a class act and a heck of a coach. MA should feel lucky to have a coach like him at the 1A level. Losing your starting QB and backup QB is like losing your PG/SG and backup PG in basketball. Keep complaining and you will be trying to find another coach soon with football season approaching again.

I don't know about that I'm starting to wonder about play calling with 3 man front and 8 playing deep why are we trying to throw the ball and when we do run why do we run the ball straight up the middle to there 3 to take down seems to me we should be trying to attack those corners on the run

Maybe you should ask the ones that watch and study film all week.

Reactions: Dadof23
It takes time for a coach to gain confidence with his Junior & Seniors and work with his JV team up to having confidence in a new coach. Kelly did it slowly in his first 3 or 4 years and once the kids came up under one coach they jell and have more trust and learn what the new coach expects. Lowman came into a team that was hungry for a state championship after losing their first chance and even Adkins could have taken this ES ready-made team by a previous coach with players like Lowman got and won a state championship. The team was ready, hungry, and had the talent to win last year and maybe get there this year. I know I have spoken up against Adkins in anger but give the man a few more years to prove himself and bond with the players from middle school up. If he doesn't then maybe Kelly will come back. I have thought about it ever since a made the post against the coach I thought about a post by Buzzcoach maybe someone else that Kelly didn't do as well his first few years but he got the kid's attention and become Mount Airy's winningest coach. Mount Airy has been a football school for as long as I can remember and will be again. It runs in the veins of every kid that moves up through middle school to be a senior. Go Bears and Coach Adkins 🏈 🏈 🏈 ! ! !
Sometimes we speak before we think.
Someone get these kids some Gatorade ! A good coach works his kids hard......

Last edited:
It takes time for a coach to gain confidence with his Junior & Seniors and work with his JV team up to having confidence in a new coach. Kelly did it slowly in his first 3 or 4 years and once the kids came up under one coach they jell and have more trust and learn what the new coach expects. Lowman came into a team that was hungry for a state championship after losing their first chance and even Adkins could have taken this ES ready-made team by a previous coach with players like Lowman got and won a state championship. The team was ready, hungry, and had the talent to win last year and maybe get there this year. I know I have spoken up against Adkins in anger but give the man a few more years to prove himself and bond with the players from middle school up. If he doesn't then maybe Kelly will come back. I have thought about it ever since a made the post against the coach I thought about a post by Buzzcoach maybe someone else that Kelly didn't do as well his first few years but he got the kid's attention and become Mount Airy's winningest coach. Mount Airy has been a football school for as long as I can remember and will be again. It runs in the veins of every kid that moves up through middle school to be a senior. Go Bears and Coach Adkins 🏈 🏈 🏈 ! ! !
Sometimes we speak before we think.
Someone get these kids some Gatorade ! A good coach works his kids hard......
Well, was what I said untrue ? I personally think it was nothing but true ! It takes a new coach at least 4 or 5 years to jell with a team. Diamont would have won that 2019 State Championship as it was the team he was bringing up and the whinny parents at ES kicked him out causing him to not win the State Championship he deserved and would have got. Lowman will get the same as Diamont in the next year or 2. because ES will dry up.Mount Airy has some great kids coming up. East Surry will never win another State Champion as long as they are 2A this fall. If they can't make it 2 back to back State Championships for 2020-2021 then they are done.

One of these days, the cat is going to be let out of the bag on all the issues that led to Diamont being removed, and they will be shocked at all the real reasons why. It wasn’t a “former principal, spoiled parents, and a school board member” that all got together and did it. It’s funny how little people on here actually know about certain situations.

I wish I knew as much as the wise, all knowing ma fan base. I hope Diamont would have won the 2019 championship but little do yall know he was planning on retiring at the end of 2018. When I talked to him the day he was let go, he said he just wanted one more season. So theres the possibility he wouldn't have even been there in 2019. In case you stooges haven't noticed David Diamont has moved on. He's doing a fine job at South Stokes. Bad things happen to good people and it sucks but it's what happens in the real world. Yall keep living in ifville, I'm happy over here in the real world. If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt on the ground either would he? I guess we'll never know. I'm glad were going 2A, it'll be tougher than what we're used too. Might never win another state championship either but the tougher competition will make us better in the long run. As far as talent not being in Pilot Mtn any more, I wish I had that crystal ball to look into. Why dont you get some winning lottery numbers or something useful out of it? I'll take our kids now and in the future anyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Keep living in the ma fantasy world and 10 miles down highway 52 we'll keep living in the real world.

One of these days, the cat is going to be let out of the bag on all the issues that led to Diamont being removed, and they will be shocked at all the real reasons why. It wasn’t a “former principal, spoiled parents, and a school board member” that all got together and did it. It’s funny how little people on here actually know about certain situations.
I know what David told me and that's good enough

North Rowan is pretty good. And will be at home. Think they can hang with east surry.

North Rowan beat NMoore 36-0 ES won 62-6? So idk? ES is just to well coached. And ES is #2 seed they will be home through out since #1 seed is out due to covid.

Well, was what I said untrue ? I personally think it was nothing but true ! It takes a new coach at least 4 or 5 years to jell with a team. Diamont would have won that 2019 State Championship as it was the team he was bringing up and the whinny parents at ES kicked him out causing him to not win the State Championship he deserved and would have got. Lowman will get the same as Diamont in the next year or 2. because ES will dry up.Mount Airy has some great kids coming up. East Surry will never win another State Champion as long as they are 2A this fall. If they can't make it 2 back to back State Championships for 2020-2021 then they are done.
This is blatantly false East Surry never gets past the 4th round if there wasn’t a coaching change. If you disagree that’s fine I’ll just take it that you are a diehard fan that doesn’t actually know anything about schemes/personnel ect.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
My bad buzz I got north stanly and North Rowan confused on seeding. North Rowan did put 66 on a decent community school of Davidson team Friday. I bet they give east surry a good game next week. Community school of Davidson and pine lake prep were fairly even so this week's game of es vs pine lake will tell us a lot about next week's matchup.

Reactions: buzzcoach
My bad buzz I got north stanly and North Rowan confused on seeding. North Rowan did put 66 on a decent community school of Davidson team Friday. I bet they give east surry a good game next week. Community school of Davidson and pine lake prep were fairly even so this week's game of es vs pine lake will tell us a lot about next week's matchup.
so does Rowan have a by or something this week ?

This is blatantly false East Surry never gets past the 4th round if there wasn’t a coaching change. If you disagree that’s fine I’ll just take it that you are a diehard fan that doesn’t actually know anything about schemes/personnel ect.
I agree it takes more than good players to win championship. Give coach Lowman credit.

I agree it takes more than good players to win championship. Give coach Lowman credit
Not sure how he will do long term. He’s won with by far the most talent in 1aa. Let’s see how he does when he has average talent. That’s what sets gentry apart IMO. Whether he’s got the best guys or not he’s going to have a game plan that’s hard to stop.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Last year and all the years before I have always pulled for any NWC team remaining in the playoffs. Several gave me a rough time for pulling for East Surry to the end. East Surry has done nothing but given Mount Airy a rough time on here putting them down. I hope Pine Lake Preps had East Surry a huge loss this year. I have always believed the conference should stick together to the end. I can see PLP winning this game by 12 points and hope they do. I will not pull for East Surry ever again. If I had known how some of East Surry posters would pull against Mount Airy and put them down, I would have never pulled for East Surry. Go Pine Lake Preps. You have the team to beat them ! East Surry, you have come to the end of your run. I watched PLP last Friday and they have the team that can put you away.
d281bba6-1d2c-4589-adf5-45a60905ebe8.gif
Pine Lake Preps - Lions

Last edited:
Correct, but PLP go by the Pride. It is a play on words. It has a double meaning for the school. BTW

Last year and all the years before I have always pulled for any NWC team remaining in the playoffs. Several gave me a rough time for pulling for East Surry to the end. East Surry has done nothing but given Mount Airy a rough time on here putting them down. I hope Pine Lake Preps had East Surry a huge loss this year. I have always believed the conference should stick together to the end. I can see PLP winning this game by 12 points and hope they do. I will not pull for East Surry ever again. If I had known how some of East Surry posters would pull against Mount Airy and put them down, I would have never pulled for East Surry. Go Pine Lake Preps. You have the team to beat them ! East Surry, you have come to the end of your run. I watched PLP last Friday and they have the team that can put you away.
d281bba6-1d2c-4589-adf5-45a60905ebe8.gif
Pine Lake Preps - Lions
Man, that’s sad to hear. BTW, you have not always pulled for East Surry so get out of here with that BS.

Man, that’s sad to hear. BTW, you have not always pulled for East Surry so get out of here with that BS.
I have always posted the NWC scores and pulled for which team got the furthest in the playoffs. Also, I used to post the scores for the 3 local conferences, NWC, MVC, and the WPC and posted scores until the last of the 3 conferences the last school lost. Have you been under a rock ? I did pull for East Surry last year when East Surry beat Tarboro and after Mount Airy lost. If you want to and if it will let you go back that far you will find me being put down for pulling for East Surry or I am sure someone on here remembers.

Last edited:
Td what will East surry fans do without your support , man who cares , if East wins loses whatever happens no one cares . You and the rest of the ma crowd on here should check yourself , on here about how good ma is and how good they gonna be and now they lose a game you all are ready for the coaches head . All this crap started a few years back when East finally started competing , and a few came on here with factual information about upcoming East players , as soon as that happened ma posters turned it around like East was bragging , when the fact is you guys knew there weren’t gonna be anymore 1a cakewalks. So really no one pilot gives a crap about a bunch of old rich crying ma men talking bull , cause u will never change . Ma shoulda won the other nite period , I watched the whole game , the bears were in the backfield all nite but blew some wide open plays , ma beat ma .not the coach, kids are young and gonna make mistakes . Your coach is doing a great job in my opinion , hope the guy doesn’t see a lot of the mess spoke of him.

I do hope the kids get along with their injuries , I will say those kids have a hell of a competitive fire .

Here are two posts that show I pulled for East Surry after they beat Mount Airy. You can find the rest because they are there every week after Mount Airy lost. So know what you are talking about before making false accusations about what I say. You can look through the threads somewhere between pages 9, 10 & 11 and find I pulled for East Surry on every game after Mount Airy.

#1 https://ncpreps.forums.rivals.com/threads/1a-1aa-west-regional-final-dec-6th.42848/
#2 https://ncpreps.forums.rivals.com/threads/a-message-for-east-surry.43045/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT