ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 playoff scores

Yes, not the same without Kelly. If Adkins don't do better next year in the new conference he may be done and I did say may and not will be done ! Sure he beat everyone by a lot in the conference but East Surry and should have beaten Pisgah & East Surry at home. Lost to each by a TD. Sorry but that is only my opinion and maybe no one else's.

East Surry likes to sling the ball around right? I’d argue (if so) that PLP is pretty well equipped to battle it out in that kinda game. That suits their style more.
They not the slingers they were last year but they are good going to give it to our pilot rival terrible game for us tonight instead of getting better as season progressed we got worse

TJ’s qb was our qb last year at Polk .....
This is the nchsaa transfer rule and I may be dumb but I can't tell if mean that charters have to go by the same rule as a LEA. school or if it means they don't....to me it reads like they do.
1.2.10 Transfer Policy: After initial entry into the ninth grade, and absent a bona fide move as provided in the Res-
idence section of this Handbook (See 1.2.9):
(a) A student transferring from one member school to another member school within the same LEA must
sit out 365 days for athletic participation. The LEA can create criteria for immediate athletic eligibility
for transfers within the LEA.
(b) A student transferring from one member school in one LEA to another member school in a different
LEA must sit out two consecutive semesters, or 365 days, whichever is less, for athletic participation.
NOTE: A student’s participation in cheerleading is not subject to the NCHSAA Transfer Policy.
(1) By mutual agreement that the transfer is not for athletic purposes, a student’s first transfer
from LEA to LEA, and absent a bona fide move, is not subject to the NCHSAA Transfer Policy.
(i). Absent mutual agreement, and in consideration of the above, exceptions for immedi-
ate athletic eligibility for transfers from one LEA to a different LEA will be heard by a
NCHSAA Transfer Committee.
(ii) The NCHSAA Transfer Committee will be composed of the NCHSAA Executive Com-
mittee and at least one (1) non-district affiliated member school representative.
(2) The two-consecutive semester application occurs when a student is enrolled for at least 50%
of the semester in which the student initially enrolled and all of the following semester.
(3) Students transferring to the same member school where the student’s coach has relocated
within a calendar year will be deemed ineligible in any sport in which the coach is involved.
(4) A student may not participate in practices or workouts, in-season or out-of-season, until the
student’s transfer has been validated by the NCHSAA.
(c) If a member school is not part of a defined LEA (e.g., charter school, non-boarding parochial school,
etc.), then the member school itself will be considered its own LEA for purposes of this policy (i.e.,
exceptions involving these member schools will fall under subsection (b) above).

This is the nchsaa transfer rule and I may be dumb but I can't tell if mean that charters have to go by the same rule as a LEA. school or if it means they don't....
1.2.10 Transfer Policy: After initial entry into the ninth grade, and absent a bona fide move as provided in the Res-
idence section of this Handbook (See 1.2.9):
(a) A student transferring from one member school to another member school within the same LEA must
sit out 365 days for athletic participation. The LEA can create criteria for immediate athletic eligibility
for transfers within the LEA.
(b) A student transferring from one member school in one LEA to another member school in a different
LEA must sit out two consecutive semesters, or 365 days, whichever is less, for athletic participation.
NOTE: A student’s participation in cheerleading is not subject to the NCHSAA Transfer Policy.
(1) By mutual agreement that the transfer is not for athletic purposes, a student’s first transfer
from LEA to LEA, and absent a bona fide move, is not subject to the NCHSAA Transfer Policy.
(i). Absent mutual agreement, and in consideration of the above, exceptions for immedi-
ate athletic eligibility for transfers from one LEA to a different LEA will be heard by a
NCHSAA Transfer Committee.
(ii) The NCHSAA Transfer Committee will be composed of the NCHSAA Executive Com-
mittee and at least one (1) non-district affiliated member school representative.
(2) The two-consecutive semester application occurs when a student is enrolled for at least 50%
of the semester in which the student initially enrolled and all of the following semester.
(3) Students transferring to the same member school where the student’s coach has relocated
within a calendar year will be deemed ineligible in any sport in which the coach is involved.
(4) A student may not participate in practices or workouts, in-season or out-of-season, until the
student’s transfer has been validated by the NCHSAA.
(c) If a member school is not part of a defined LEA (e.g., charter school, non-boarding parochial school,
etc.), then the member school itself will be considered its own LEA for purposes of this policy (i.e.,
exceptions involving these member schools will fall under subsection (b) above).
I’m sure everything was checked and verified or he wouldn’t have been playing. The year before last a kid that I’m really close to transfer from RS to TJ and he sat out his junior year so he could play this season when a few other didn’t have to sit. But I’m sure the staff at Polk looks at it like this .... If he didn’t want to be a wolverine that’s fine with us. TJ played pretty well tonight but that’s a hard loss

I’m sure everything was checked and verified or he wouldn’t have been playing. The year before last a kid that I’m really close to transfer from RS to TJ and he sat out his junior year so he could play this season when a few other didn’t have to sit. But I’m sure the staff at Polk looks at it like this .... If he didn’t want to be a wolverine that’s fine with us. TJ played pretty well tonight but that’s a hard loss
Well I figured it was ok to play , I wasn't trying to accuse anyone of any improprieties. I was just trying to figure out if charter school came under the rule or not by not being a lea school but there are ways and reasons to get a waiver from the nchsaa even if it's from one lea to another.

Neither Coach Hoggard or quarterback Hoggard received an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Holmes did receive an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty due to a second sideline violation. On the field I did not get the feeling that the game was overly chippy although we did have an offensive lineman thrown out. I did hear that a Princeton fan was asked to leave and he did so peacefully and quietly.

Neither Coach Hoggard or quarterback Hoggard received an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Holmes did receive an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty due to a second sideline violation. On the field I did not get the feeling that the game was overly chippy although we did have an offensive lineman thrown out. I did hear that a Princeton fan was asked to leave and he did so peacefully and quietly.
Appreciate the clarification. I’ve never known Hoggard to lose his cool to that degree, and I’ve played for him before as one of his HOGs.

If Princeton is your team let me just say I was very, very impressed.
I’m a fan of HS football. I don’t watch games like most fans, I watch with a more analytical view. I love what Coach Hoggard runs at Holmes with the Pistol Triple.

I live in the east, but have driven to Richmond/Scotland and Memorial Stadium in Charlotte and others to see some slobber knockers. I personally enjoy small school games like Wallace Rose-Hill and James Kenan and Rosewood and Princeton over the years to name a couple.

Haven’t been to games this year due to many reasons, but I typically sit on the away side. I’m definitely thinking about heading to Tarboro next week so if I do, I’ll have to come sit with you.

Reactions: Swain97
MA qb broke collar bone other one cracked Pelvis. The back up that came in was our starter last year when other kid was hurt. Prayers for these guys as both were taken to hospital. Shame had to wait so long for ambulance to get their. Hospital 1.5 miles away.

Reactions: sbbbfan
MA will not win a big game until we have a different coach. This team and jv kids are so out of shape. Alot of cramps and injuries Wich ik it's contact sport. Seen alot of fb at MA and these kids are not prepared every week and adjustments are not made. I'm just saying on here what every one else is at MA.

Reactions: Bearfan71
MA qb broke collar bone other one cracked Pelvis. The back up that came in was our starter last year when other kid was hurt. Prayers for these guys as both were taken to hospital. Shame had to wait so long for ambulance to get their. Hospital 1.5 miles away.
Prayers for the kids and their families. Hate to see anyone get hurt. I know it is part of the game but it still stinks. Hopefully both heal quickly.

Go Mountaineers

MA will not win a big game until we have a different coach. This team and jv kids are so out of shape. Alot of cramps and injuries Wich ik it's contact sport. Seen alot of fb at MA and these kids are not prepared every week and adjustments are not made. I'm just saying on here what every one else is at MA.
You have a great coach...He took less talent at EW..and had them 3 or 4 rds deep...MA has a great program..but some super spoiled azz fans for every loss they have..blame the coach or the young team..lol it's rare that a team beats them because they were simply better on that particular night..

Last edited:
Just for poops and giggles how long did it take for Coach holder to win in the playoffs. I know yall wanna toot that horn some more lol

You make no sense. Kelly was a young coach with 3 years experience not long time coach. Became winniest coach in school history at a traditional strong football program. The way ES treated Diamont was bad......so don't talk to me about coaches.

The man has been there 3 years. It took his 4th to get East Wilkes rolling. I've heard his weight training program is top notch so don't knock something you probably don't know anything about. Just sit in the stands, eat your peanuts, cheer on your team, and stop playing whining and begging for something you're not going to get.

Let's beat this dead horse one more time......
Diamont was fired/let go with the help of the former principal, a gang of spoiled parents and a school board member. He did more for our community that 10 other people could in their lifetimes. He is a class act on and off the field. He taught life lessons that have stuck with my boys till this day. The actions of these thieves were in no part or way a representation of the majority of the community. At the ceremony when they named the stadium after Coach Diamont, an older school board member said to me he wanted the Stadium named after Diamont so that when the ones who ran him off came back they would always see his name.

So buzz riddle me this..... if Lowman, who did interview at ma the same week he did at ES had gotten the job there would he be an idiot too? Yall are spoiled to success. Nobody ever beats yall in anything fair and square. Its always the refs, or an injury or the coach is an idiot. Y'alls radio announcer spits out the same excuses you do. Y'all must get em in a release from the school board or something. Yall can come sit on the visitors side Friday and cheer as loud as you want. We won't say a word.

Everyone talks Holder this and Holder that. Kelly was great. He was also the beneficiary of many great athletes including a phenomenal running back in his 1 championship year. Outside of a couple years he was subpar in the playoffs as well. And as mentioned only has 1 state title to show for.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
I’m a fan of HS football. I don’t watch games like most fans, I watch with a more analytical view. I love what Coach Hoggard runs at Holmes with the Pistol Triple.

I live in the east, but have driven to Richmond/Scotland and Memorial Stadium in Charlotte and others to see some slobber knockers. I personally enjoy small school games like Wallace Rose-Hill and James Kenan and Rosewood and Princeton over the years to name a couple.

Haven’t been to games this year due to many reasons, but I typically sit on the away side. I’m definitely thinking about heading to Tarboro next week so if I do, I’ll have to come sit with you.
Glad you recognize what Hoggard is doing with the offense. Some of our casual fans shout during the games “quit running the same play” without realizing it is the not the same play. I even heard it last night. Why don’t you weigh in on the Tarboro Edenton thread with your analysis? You seem to be a knowledgeable fan.

Glad you recognize what Hoggard is doing with the offense. Some of our casual fans shout during the games “quit running the same play” without realizing it is the not the same play. I even heard it last night. Why don’t you weigh in on the Tarboro Edenton thread with your analysis? You seem to be a knowledgeable fan.
They’d do the same thing at Richmond.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT