ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 playoff scores

Just for clarification, for a 600 student school, with a completely random lottery selection, to have 5 standout basketball players in a season is a statistical anomaly, to have 5 standout players on a boys and girls team, in a season, is a statistical improbability, and to have 5 standout players in both boys and girls every season for a decade, is a statistical impossibility.
Who has standouts? If you are speaking of LCS, yea right. They had one kid that is a college-type kid. The others were very young and average at best. And ALL of those kids have been at LCS since elementary or 6th grade. That is why they are good. They have been in the same program for years. LCS girls have NO one that has ever played college ball and usually get beat first round each year. I missed your point on that one...

Funny how LC ends up with such good bball players each and every year through a lottery system.
That is because those kids have good coaches from MS, JV and Varsity. Plain and simple as that. No new players on their roster except JV guys and their coaches spend a ton of time with them in the off-seasons and year-round. They don't show up in Nov and leave in Feb....or allow them to play football games the night before a playoff basketball game...SMH....

Not at all. They still would have lost by 50. And that sounds like an Admin, AD, and/or coaching problem. How, or more importantly why would you allow ANY kid to play 3 basketball games and a football game in the same week? And why would any coach expect or be allowed to let kids that are in the playoffs in basketball participate in anything else, especially basketball. SMH
Just how things worked out because of time frame nchsaa scheduled the football season it's a small school and just happens that the basketball starters are some of the main football starters like the QB and the fact with a shorten football season and honestly knowing Mitchell has better odds of going further in football then basketball and I don't know why losing one of your five best players wouldn't effect the outcome some what. I don't think they would have beaten Mitchell by 50 anyway since the score was 80-42 which is a 38 point margin.

Then explain how 5 students that are excellent basketball players, just happen to be selected randomly every single year, out of 1000's of other just as (and in some cases more) academically qualified to attend said schools? Math doesn't lie my friend, and the math calls bullshitCa

Just how things worked out because of time frame nchsaa scheduled the football season it's a small school and just happens that the basketball starters are some of the main football starters like the QB and the fact with a shorten football season and honestly knowing Mitchell has better odds of going further in football then basketball and I don't know why losing one of your five best players wouldn't effect the outcome some what. I don't think they would have beaten Mitchell by 50 anyway since the score was 80-42 which is a 38 point margin.
If you watched the game, NONE of LCS starters played 4th quarter and it was a running clock the entire 2nd half. Making your players play a nonconference game that has NO outcome on playoffs is inexcusable.

Reactions: KW23
If you watched the game, NONE of LCS starters played 4th quarter and it was a running clock the entire 2nd half. Making your players play a nonconference game that has NO outcome on playoffs is inexcusable.
No one made anyone do anything. I'm sure it was left up to the parents and players, and they made their choice. I saw no problem with it then, nor now. But you just keep grasping straws man.

Point is in a shorten season experience wise every game is important or you may not play as well when you get into the conference and I doubt if they had to make them play..and it's sounds like since they had no chance no matter what of even making the basketball game even close that if they were going to skip one it should have been the basketball game. Normally it the other way around Mitchell is usually in the football playoffs when basketball starts and the ones that play both don't join the basketball team until after football season so maybe they just prefer football

It shows how delusional the charter fans are.
He is shocked that our kids have to play bball and football the same week.

Robbinsville has a bunch that are now wrestling and playing football at the same time.

Good example of Charter advantage is Uwharrie Charter. They won a wrestling state title in only 2 years. It took Robbinsville decades to become a top program.

I guess the lottery just happened to get 10 state ranked wrestlers from other schools.

That is because those kids have good coaches from MS, JV and Varsity. Plain and simple as that. No new players on their roster except JV guys and their coaches spend a ton of time with them in the off-seasons and year-round. They don't show up in Nov and leave in Feb....or allow them to play football games the night before a playoff basketball game...SMH....

Allow them? Since when can a coach tell a kid they can't play another sport. Shame on school admin for allowing that. Yeah you're out of touch with what 1A ball is about.

Pretty much just like MIC, PLP, and the others, LC is pulling kids from a metro area with means to pay for high end travel ball and trainers.

So yes it's suspect these schools end up with all these good athletes but it's also classism.

Last edited:
Can you read?
I said how does the lottery work if the charter school ISNT full
Its still a lottery based on a number. If they ned 30 slots and your number is between 1-30 based on the lottery draft done by each school with state reps there, you can get in.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
It did say make them. He changed it after I shut that down.
Changed what? I haven't changed anything. For ANY coach to ALLOW any kid to play a football game the night before ANY game, much less a playoff game, NO MATTER 1A-4A, is inexcusable and is asking for major injuries. Especially after playing 2 games that week and a game the night before. Unfortunately, an injury did happen. SMH

Allow them? Since when can a coach tell a kid they can't play another sport. Shame on school admin for allowing that. Yeah you're out of touch with what 1A ball is about.

Pretty much just like MIC, PLP, and the others, LC is pulling kids from a metro area with means to pay for high end travel ball and trainers.

So yes it's suspect these schools end up with all these good athletes but it's also classism.
Actually, a kid isn't supposed to play another sport until the present sport is over. If it's not written, it should be a respectful thing for the other sport that is going on. I'm sure if it would have been the other way around, none of the football kids would have even sniffed the inside of the gym. And boy are you uninformed about anything that happens past the foothills. Travel ball and trainers? LOL. Why do they need trainers when their coaching staff has them lifting, skill development, and working on their game. Again, their coaches don't show up in Nov and leave in Feb. as some do.

• Haha
It's called sharing athletes. That's what 1A schools do because usually each coach supports the other coaches programs and want what's best for the kid. So if the kid wants to play football then turn around and play basketball then let them.

Or you can continue being a helicopter parent and keep your kid away from the big bad game of football.

Actually, a kid isn't supposed to play another sport until the present sport is over. If it's not written, it should be a respectful thing for the other sport that is going on. I'm sure if it would have been the other way around, none of the football kids would have even sniffed the inside of the gym. And boy are you uninformed about anything that happens past the foothills. Travel ball and trainers? LOL. Why do they need trainers when their coaching staff has them lifting, skill development, and working on their game. Again, their coaches don't show up in Nov and leave in Feb. as some do.

I know how things work in the metro area. Trust me.

In a normal year football players don't go to basketball until basketball is over. But this year isn't normal.

With that said what about kids that play 2 sports at once? You know soccer players that kick for football. Baseball players that run track. Etc.

If a start up charter has 200 open spots but only has 50 wanting to attend, do those kids have to go through a lottery?

He thinks rural coaches just show up at the start of the season. Guess he doesn't realize how much time football coaches put in or that many coaches coach multiple sports since rural schools are losing all their resources to charter schools. The ones I mentioned have way better resources than the best 1A rural school can dream of sadly.

This is a topic that will not end until the state legislature steps up to provide the same for all schools. Both Charters and non charters. It is an argument that neither side will agree on. But NO ONE can convince me that a school that can pull any student “by lottery” from a 25 mile radius is playing by the same rules that Robbinsville, Mitchell, Avery, Andrews or any other traditional rural county 1a school with 1 maybe 2 feeder middle schools are equal. Heck look at Wilson Prep which defeated LC in the finals, their lottery selected some of if not the best, all ready in high school, basketball players from 5-6 area schools over 3 counties.

No doubt that Perquimans High should be able to compete, lol

Go Mountaineers

anyone on here know if the north Rowan / community school of Davidson is being broadcast and where can I find it ?

anyone on here know if the north Rowan / community school of Davidson is being broadcast and where can I find it ?
Not listed on the Ncshaa site.

Thanks to TD for the original link. Stole it from a post of his.

Go Mountaineers

Reactions: Mhsneer and BK13T-$
LCS was more than pretty good. They have been one of the top teams 1A-4A for the past 7-8 years. Pine Lake was down this year and played really, really bad vs. Mitchell. But they still lost as you said. Mitchell, and most of the SMC, would have had a difficult time in LCS or Pine Lake's conference in basketball this year.
Dude we beat plp and honestly they were ok but no where near mtn heritage the past few years. Mtn heritage would’ve won 2 state championships if they hadn’t played forest hills. So whc is and always has been a good basketball conference

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
I don't have to say it. You guys live in one place your entire lives and make untrue comments about something you know nothing about. I just call you out on your hypocritical statements. Again, if you did your homework, without googling, you would know how difficult the process to get into a true Charter really is. Most Charters that are being run the correct way, are very, very difficult to get into because the waitlist is a mile long. If they aren't running them the correct way, the state will shut them down. Those are facts!
Buddy I only know 1 charter school and yes there is a wait to get in .....UNLESS you play football !!! If you are worth a piss at all and have the grades WELCOME TO THE TEAM SON LoL

Dude we beat plp and honestly they were ok but no where near mtn heritage the past few years. Mtn heritage would’ve won 2 state championships if they hadn’t played forest hills. So whc is and always has been a good basketball conference
Funny how someone can trash a rural school with 500 kids pulling from a population of 15,000 in communities with major poverty and drug problems while these metro charters are pulling from areas of a million people that live around a lake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT