ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 playoff scores

I counted 31 ballplayers including the injured ones..u said the jv team(11) was on the field..so you guys have 20 varsity players?
It was a mixture of varsity who don't get to play much and JV players. There has to be more on the side then 31 because there are 31 varsity and I know there were jv freshman in because the radio announcers were having a hard time figuring who some were because their numbers weren't listed on the varsity roster and different from their JV number.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Team would've finished dead bottom of the SMC. And probably several other conferences
The same thing was thought about Mitchell in basketball this year. They had a #1 seed and would have finished last in most conferences outside of their conference and the SMC. When Lincoln Charter played them, it was like watching a JV team play. Not sure why the state allows this but it is what it is.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
The same thing was thought about Mitchell in basketball this year. They had a #1 seed and would have finished last in most conferences outside of their conference and the SMC. When Lincoln Charter played them, it was like watching a JV team play. Not sure why the state allows this but it is what it is.
Didnt Mitchell beat a one loss Pine Lake Prep the game before? Did they win that conference?

Lincoln charter was pretty good. We beat all comers on the way to that game you don’t get that far because you suck

Lincoln charter was pretty good. We beat all comers on the way to that game you don’t get that far because you suck
Never said they "sucked." Just thought it would be fair to compare Mitchell's basketball team to Christ the King's football team. Everyone saying Christ the King looks like a JV team... the same thing was thought about Mitchell's basketball team.

• Haha
LCS was more than pretty good. They have been one of the top teams 1A-4A for the past 7-8 years. Pine Lake was down this year and played really, really bad vs. Mitchell. But they still lost as you said. Mitchell, and most of the SMC, would have had a difficult time in LCS or Pine Lake's conference in basketball this year.

Not sure why the state allows these advantaged schools
Do your homework bud. Charters are PUBLIC. No advantages when there is a LOTTERY!! And the rules that are implemented to prevent "recruiting, transferring" et. was created LONG before Charters ever hit the scene. Wonder why? Well, we know why.

Never said they "sucked." Just thought it would be fair to compare Mitchell's basketball team to Christ the King's football team. Everyone saying Christ the King looks like a JV team... the same thing was thought about Mitchell's basketball team.
Full disclaimer I'm not much of a basketball person but while I'm sure Lincoln was a much better team then Mitchell no matter what , is it reasonable to say that the game might have been a little closer and Mitchell may not have looked so JV if the Mitchell starters between the basketball playoff game on Thursday and then Lincoln on Saturday hadn't also played a tough football game with Statesville on Friday plus in that football game lost a senior basketball starter to a broken leg? I know they young and in shape but that's a tiresome three days. But honestly the girls at Mitchell have traditionally have had the better basketball teams.

If saying it out loud makes you sleep better...
I don't have to say it. You guys live in one place your entire lives and make untrue comments about something you know nothing about. I just call you out on your hypocritical statements. Again, if you did your homework, without googling, you would know how difficult the process to get into a true Charter really is. Most Charters that are being run the correct way, are very, very difficult to get into because the waitlist is a mile long. If they aren't running them the correct way, the state will shut them down. Those are facts!

Just for clarification, for a 600 student school, with a completely random lottery selection, to have 5 standout basketball players in a season is a statistical anomaly, to have 5 standout players on a boys and girls team, in a season, is a statistical improbability, and to have 5 standout players in both boys and girls every season for a decade, is a statistical impossibility.

Full disclaimer I'm not much of a basketball person but while I'm sure Lincoln was a much better team then Mitchell no matter what , is it reasonable to say that the game might have been a little closer and Mitchell may not have looked so JV if the Mitchell starters between the basketball playoff game on Thursday and then Lincoln on Saturday hadn't also played a tough football game with Statesville on Friday plus in that football game lost a senior basketball starter to a broken leg? I know they young and in shape but that's a tiresome three days. But honestly the girls at Mitchell have traditionally have had the better basketball teams.
Not at all. They still would have lost by 50. And that sounds like an Admin, AD, and/or coaching problem. How, or more importantly why would you allow ANY kid to play 3 basketball games and a football game in the same week? And why would any coach expect or be allowed to let kids that are in the playoffs in basketball participate in anything else, especially basketball. SMH

• Haha
Most Charter fans finally admit they have an advantage, obviously..
Still a few that dont. Those are the one's that I have a problem with.
I have a problem with those that don't do their HW and know nothing about what they are ASSuming when they speak.

• Haha
LCS was more than pretty good. They have been one of the top teams 1A-4A for the past 7-8 years. Pine Lake was down this year and played really, really bad vs. Mitchell. But they still lost as you said. Mitchell, and most of the SMC, would have had a difficult time in LCS or Pine Lake's conference in basketball this year.

Funny how LC ends up with such good bball players each and every year through a lottery system.

I have a problem with those that don't do their HW and know nothing about what they are ASSuming when they speak.
Then explain how 5 students that are excellent basketball players, just happen to be selected randomly every single year, out of 1000's of other just as (and in some cases more) academically qualified to attend said schools? Math doesn't lie my friend, and the math calls bullshit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT