ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1- Mooresville at Davie County

MHSBigBlue06

Jun 19, 2022
Here we go. We’ve made it.

Big Blue makes the bi-annual trip up to Mocksville to take on Davie County. Admittedly, no clue what Davie is about this year. Had a pretty explosive offense last year.

Mooresville is definitely gonna be anchored by the defense. Something like 10 returning starters. Then add in the KJ Gillispie addition… real high potential on that side of the ball. Offense will be a work in progress, especially early. Lots of new starters on that side. WRs have looked pretty good this preseason. Just need the line to give the QB some time.

Anyone got any insight on Davie?

Can’t help but go with Mooresville in this one. I think the defense will contain Davie Co from not doing much. Just a wild guess. Mooresville 28 Davie 7

I think with a young offense we just have to not turn the ball over. I’m confident we can control the field position game with the defense we have, we just need to play smart and not beat ourselves

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
With Mooresville having a young offense and with their defense being good, I can see a low scoring game.
D. C. 2
Mooresville 0

For the past few years Davie offense can score points, but lack of importance on defense. Don't know what Davie might have for this season.

Well, random unrated to this game, but it would appear our program is still healthy… 68 dressed for Varsity and 80 for JV

Does anybody know anything about Davie? I only know that the Carney brothers are long graduated and I don't think they have any more coming along; but I have no clue what they have.."zero". They are the mystery team of the CPC. Maybe, Chris Hughes knows

I can’t remember where I read about Davie, but I do remember something about the offense would be good. But defense would need some work.

Does anybody know anything about Davie? I only know that the Carney brothers are long graduated and I don't think they have any more coming along; but I have no clue what they have.."zero". They are the mystery team of the CPC. Maybe, Chris Hughes knows
They have a good RB (Summers), but other than that I don’t know a lot about them

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Final- Mooresville 31 Davie 24

What was a comfortable game… turned on its head quick. MV led 31-10 with 4 to go… took their foot off the gas… and Davie exploded. Had a shot to tie with 20 seconds left, but Mooresville picked off the pass in the end zone on 4th down.

Davie QB was impressive… showed great pocket presence, felt the pressure and moved around extremely well. Also was impressed with their OL. Believe we only got 1 sack, and little to no hits on him (definitely a lack of holding calls being made but that’s part of it. It happens).

Mooresville was always gonna be a WIP on offense with all the new guys. But as a whole I thought we looked better than expected. The QB competition was definitely decided tonight, as Sophomore QB Brody Norman had himself a night with 3 TDs.

But we survive and go to 1-0, with a big game at home next week against Reagan.

I don't know what it is about Davie Co. but it seems like they are never in a boring game.
well it was extremely boring for 3 and 2/3 quarters lol. That stadium was so flat all night. We kinda went to sleep… let ‘em make a game outta it in the end.

Heard Davie had a good RB. How was his performance last night.
Completely shut him down. Their offense as a whole didn’t really do a lot until the final 5 minutes of the 4th. But I was impressed with their QB… big arm, great pocket awareness. Davie will be good on offense once again

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Random but man those refs were wild last night lol. I’ve never seen so many players sent off the field for equipment violations in a game before 😂

Random but man those refs were wild last night lol. I’ve never seen so many players sent off the field for equipment violations in a game before 😂
Happened at the LN game too but only 2-3 times only tho but I’m guessing it’s a New Emphasis this yr to focus on

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT