ADVERTISEMENT

Weddington v. Grimsley analysis?

From that angle it almost looks like he was horizontal to the ground and the ball broke the plane before his body touched the ground. No doubt that was close.

Right, I understand that part, but Matthews isn't in Union County. So how does an address in Union county have an address of a town that is in Meck county?

The address should be the county seat of Union County, which would be Monroe?
Has more to do with the Zip code, the post office in Matthews has served that area for a long time before all the development. Federalism

I like the coaching staff at Weddington. Alot of people are claiming they had the easier path. I think their non conference schedule with Providence Day, Charlotte Christian have tested them against some of the top athletes in the state. Beating AC Reynolds was no easy feat. AC Reynolds can play with anyone in Charlotte. I like Weddington in this one. They'll probably be the most fundamentally sounded team Grimsley see all year. Grimsley defense can be had. I think Weddington continues on....

Reactions: Kylar2018
I like the coaching staff at Weddington. Alot of people are claiming they had the easier path. I think their non conference schedule with Providence Day, Charlotte Christian have tested them against some of the top athletes in the state. Beating AC Reynolds was no easy feat. AC Reynolds can play with anyone in Charlotte. I like Weddington in this one. They'll probably be the most fundamentally sounded team Grimsley see all year. Grimsley defense can be had. I think Weddington continues on....
People don't give Grimsley's coaching staff enough credit. They're pretty damn good. Although Providence Day had one of the most explosive offenses, i've seen in the State. They wouldn't survive in 4A with that defense. They had 0 depth, which is lacking with a lot, with the privates in Charlotte. Don't know if PD & Christian would be good examples of what they will face Friday Night. If Grimsley comes in and plays discipline football. Weddington will have some serious problems, as they did with Chambers last year. They couldn't keep up.

People don't give Grimsley's coaching staff enough credit. They're pretty damn good.
Absolutely. Darryl Brown is an awesome coach. He turned the program around at Grimsley after a strong run at Southern Guilford. Props to him and his staff.

Reactions: ecu424
Yea Grimsley definitely has a good coaching staff. You don’t get this far without one. We’ve seen a few teams this post season that are sitting at home thanks to some of the decisions they made or lack of decisions.

Right, I understand that part, but Matthews isn't in Union County. So how does an address in Union county have an address of a town that is in Meck county?

The address should be the county seat of Union County, which would be Monroe?
the Matthews address is just for mailing purposes. USPS will ignore strictly going by county lines if it makes no sense

I'm thinking Grimsley wins this game. Rooting for Weddington and they are solid, so a few mistakes from Grimsley and they could win this one. If it is a blow out would have to believe Grimsley would be the victor, in a close game Weddington always has a shot.

Reactions: onioncfb
You didn’t read my comment. You were just thinking of another knee jerk response. I said Weddington is a Charlotte area team. They are in Matthews, the same as Butler.
We are in Weddington. The post office that delivers our mail is in Matthews. Yes it is a Charlotte suburb

Reactions: CCougarsfan
People don't give Grimsley's coaching staff enough credit. They're pretty damn good. Although Providence Day had one of the most explosive offenses, i've seen in the State. They wouldn't survive in 4A with that defense. They had 0 depth, which is lacking with a lot, with the privates in Charlotte. Don't know if PD & Christian would be good examples of what they will face Friday Night. If Grimsley comes in and plays discipline football. Weddington will have some serious problems, as they did with Chambers last year. They couldn't keep up.
You are right about the Chambers game last year. What happened to them this year ? They had mostly underclass last year right ?

You are right about the Chambers game last year. What happened to them this year ? They had mostly underclass last year right ?
They were arrogant and out of control. Seemed like they were more interested in shooting videos, and not there to take care of business. On the other hand Reynolds was focused and ready.

They were arrogant and out of control. Seemed like they were more interested in shooting videos, and not there to take care of business. On the other hand Reynolds was focused and ready.
I never felt like Chambers quite had it all together this year compared to prior years. New coach, no Hollywood, and Pearce graduating was a big loss for them. That guy was a beast for several years. One of the best edge rushers I saw play.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Game day. Want be long until we find who advances to State Final. Also in a sense, it’s sad that football season is soon to be done with. Best of luck to teams left still playing.

Game day. Want be long until we find who advances to State Final. Also in a sense, it’s sad that football season is soon to be done with. Best of luck to teams left still playing.
It's also sad there's not much drama to these regional finals this year. The better games were earlier in the playoffs.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
It's also sad there's not much drama to these regional finals this year. The better games were earlier in the playoffs.
We all saw this coming from a mile away when the brackets were first posted, the bottom side seemed a lot weaker. What do you want though? The playoffs to be watered down so all the good teams get easy rides into the later rounds? Everyone called for the playoffs to be moved back to brackets without sub-dividing, but now its sad because the brackets this year were competitive and we saw good/great match ups early.

We all saw this coming from a mile away when the brackets were first posted, the bottom side seemed a lot weaker. What do you want though? The playoffs to be watered down so all the good teams get easy rides into the later rounds? Everyone called for the playoffs to be moved back to brackets without sub-dividing, but now its sad because the brackets this year were competitive and we saw good/great match ups early.
If the Whirlies advance, no one can say that their path was an easy one

They will still say they're unimpressed. They're just haters.
If they can advance giving up 35 points a game in the playoffs then good for them. So much for defense wins championships.

Last edited:
Yes, to me Hough/East Forsyth, Hough/Grimsley or East Forsyth/Grimsley would’ve been great finals. Nothing against Weddington but to me Grimsley/Weddington is anti-climatic.

Weddington may not win but I do not think they will get rolled. They are the type of team that keeps games against better talent fairly close.

They will still say they're unimpressed. They're just haters.
Go back to the first week of the season after the DF v Hough and MC v MP. I wrote that none of those four teams were well rounded, elite teams. All had missing parts. Just have not seen a team that had the full package this year. The last few weeks DF has got all of their players on the field but still not on the level of their best teams.

Go back to the first week of the season after the DF v Hough and MC v MP. I wrote that none of those four teams were well rounded, elite teams. All had missing parts. Just have not seen a team that had the full package this year. The last few weeks DF has got all of their players on the field but still not on the level of their best teams.
Seems to be a relatively down year all the way around

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT