ADVERTISEMENT

Weddington v. Grimsley analysis?

RammanuelKant

Aug 27, 2006
Who do you have?!

Don’t know bunch about Weddington other than #28 RB who runs hard behind a good O-line and is also a threat in quick pass game. 12 looks solid at QB. Defensive standouts?

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Is there going to be any widespread interest in this game as you might have for other regional finals? For me, as a fan, this final is lacking a bit of luster.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Perhaps you could attend a game in which a Charlotte squad is participating this Friday since this one doesn't meet your standards for luster.
Stop it! I made a simple statement and you come back with a smart ass comment. Weddington is a Charlotte area team in case you didn’t know.

It seats 10,000 -perhaps a little more depending on how tightly you pack the bleachers- same seating of~ 5k on both sides so visitors aren't relegated to rinky dink seating.

You're probably right- I think the official capacity of 10K was based on the old wood bleachers that were numbered back in the day as I recall. It's plenty big for a HS venue. Nice to see the home side so full these days for games that aren't against Page.

One thing i find full of luster is Charlotte sending three squads up I-85 and Grimsley takin' names.
P.S. Since Weddington is in Union county, it ain't a Charlotte school..
GSO
Remember back in the day when we both knew about them broads in Southern Pines? Reckon the Queen City or Weddington hold the same standards?

• Haha
Reactions: nepsy7
One thing i find full of luster is Charlotte sending three squads up I-85 and Grimsley takin' names.
P.S. Since Weddington is in Union county, it ain't a Charlotte school..
You didn’t read my comment. You were just thinking of another knee jerk response. I said Weddington is a Charlotte area team. They are in Matthews, the same as Butler.

Weddington is always a tough out. Good Players and extremely well coached. Great culture in that program. With that being said I think Grimsley has more talent this year. My predictions.

Grimsley 28
Weddington 24

Reactions: Mr. Rutledge
I think to make it to the end, it takes skill, preparation, and some luck. From last Friday's video, you can clearly see that Hough scored on Grimsley in the final OT, but it was mistakenly ruled short. I think luck runs out for Grimsley this week.

Weddington 28
Grimsley 24

• Wow
Reactions: cimsies
I can't get over the fact that West Forsyth scored 32 points on Weddington.. That's 4-7 West Forsyth... So Far, Nobody has had an easier path than Weddington; I do like their offense against the Grimsley Defense. ShootOut

Grimsley 42
Weddington 41

Reactions: Champ_24
Weddington is a suburb of Charlotte, but it is not geographically in Matthews, NC. It is not geographically in Weddington, NC either.
It's in the county limits of Union County and has a Matthews address, even though Matthews isn't in Union County at all?? (This part doesn't make sense to me.)
It is considered a Charlotte area school.

The legal capacity of Jamieson Stadium is 10K, There is quite a bit of grassy areas that the grounds in general could fit more if it came to that, probably somewhere in the 12-14K range, but I highly doubt it comes to that. Unless Page and Grimsley both go into a match up undefeated.

Weddington has had a far easier road. Grimsley probably the more talented team but you never know this late in the playoffs. If both teams play to the best of their ability, I think Grimsley is a score or 2 better than Weddington. We will see.

For the record, Simeon Stadium in High Point seats a little more than Jameson Stadium in Greensboro. Doesn't matter either way, as both are 2 of the best stadiums in the state.

Weddington is a suburb of Charlotte, but it is not geographically in Matthews, NC. It is not geographically in Weddington, NC either.
It's in the county limits of Union County and has a Matthews address, even though Matthews isn't in Union County at all?? (This part doesn't make sense to me.)
It is considered a Charlotte area school.

The legal capacity of Jamieson Stadium is 10K, There is quite a bit of grassy areas that the grounds in general could fit more if it came to that, probably somewhere in the 12-14K range, but I highly doubt it comes to that. Unless Page and Grimsley both go into a match up undefeated.
It has a Matthews mailing address. Basically it's in unincorporated Union County. And since you have to have a mailing address, I'm assuming the county picked the closes one.

It has a Matthews mailing address. Basically it's in unincorporated Union County. And since you have to have a mailing address, I'm assuming the county picked the closes one.
Right, I understand that part, but Matthews isn't in Union County. So how does an address in Union county have an address of a town that is in Meck county?

The address should be the county seat of Union County, which would be Monroe?

Reactions: Champ_24
Right, I understand that part, but Matthews isn't in Union County. So how does an address in Union county have an address of a town that is in Meck county?

There are several towns and incorporated areas in Union County that have a Matthews mailing address. I think a few have a Mint Hill address. Matthews runs along the county line in a few spots. It is confusing and can be a pain.

Reactions: PagePirates44

Oak Grove High School, located in Davidson County, has a Winston-Salem address.

Weddington has had a far easier road. Grimsley probably the more talented team but you never know this late in the playoffs. If both teams play to the best of their ability, I think Grimsley is a score or 2 better than Weddington. We will see.

For the record, Simeon Stadium in High Point seats a little more than Jameson Stadium in Greensboro. Doesn't matter either way, as both are 2 of the best stadiums in the state.
Jamieson Stadium is on Grimsley’s Campus. Should have said largest on campus stadium, but point taken.

I think to make it to the end, it takes skill, preparation, and some luck. From last Friday's video, you can clearly see that Hough scored on Grimsley in the final OT, but it was mistakenly ruled short. I think luck runs out for Grimsley this week.

Weddington 28
Grimsley 24
That is a lie. I was there the QB was clearly stopped behind the line of scrimmage. Not even close. Jamal is 350 pounds of bull dog.

The QB tried to run it in on 3rd down and was stopped. On 4th down the RB was dropped well behind the line of scrimmage. I believe this was from an earlier drive.

Reactions: nepsy7
The QB tried to run it in on 3rd down and was stopped. On 4th down the RB was dropped well behind the line of scrimmage. I believe this was from an earlier drive.
OK! Gotcha. I was watching on the NFHS. Definitely couldn't figure it out from their broadcast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT