ADVERTISEMENT

WATCH OUT PISGAH, HERE COMES ANOTHER HURRICANE

SPRaiders78

May 24, 2020
Belmont
Guys if you get flooded out and the brand new field get washed away again, the Good Lord might be telling y’all to stick to basket weaving and what not. I’m praying for Canton. May God be merciful on you all.

Paul Rudd Coffee GIF by MOODMAN

Not only is the title of this post distasteful, it doesn’t even make sense. The damn hurricane isn’t even supposed to come close to canton. And when their field was destroyed it wasn’t even a hurricane. What a clueless post all around. I’m embarrassed for you

Last edited:
Not only is the title of this post distasteful, it doesn’t even make sense. The damn hurricane isn’t even supposed to come close to canton. And when their field was destroyed it wasn’t even a hurricane. What a clueless post all around. I’m embarrassed for you
In his defense he really can’t help it. It’s his mission in life to be the biggest dunce in any room he visits.

In 2021 the remnants of tropical storm Fred past through the mountains of western North Carolina. While not a hurricane the storm caused major destruction. When this thread was started the storm had not made landfall, a path for the storm had not at that point been predicted. Lastly my friends of many years who graduated from Pisgah High School didn’t think my post distasteful, in fact when we spoke on the phone they thought it was quite funny. You and your Cleveland County cohorts are just looking for somebody to come down on. I guess you found me.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Trust me when I say, everyone in Canton pays attention when there's a hurricane. When you know folks that die and people's livelihoods get washed away, weather takes a different kind of priority in your life. Thanks for looking out for us tho.

Jeeeez guys - calm down. This board has gotten a little too close to our current state of BS reality lately. You can say cancer, heart attack, flood, amongst other stuff still. That stuff changes lives forever too. Nobody on this board wishes TRUE ill will to anyone else when it comes down to it I'd bet - even the Crest-Shelby people vs. each other.

I have seen/heard of/bantered about on this very site many a Crest fan who have been labeled people who milk the wrong appendage on bulls (not heifers), where Burns fans are rumored to have more teeth in their pocket than in their head and where Stuart Cramer fans who are reportedly pro-Trans/LGBTQXYZ for their football players before it was a movement.....that might just be the ugly truth and not germane to my argument.....but I don't think it's all true. I just can't get down with the "if it hurts my feelings then the rest of the world has to stop it" vibe.
78 - NEVER, and I mean never.... talk about the weather again.
add: If we can't talk about the weather, then we are gonna have to talk about old men like that Randy Travis mentioned. Please don't take away my weather talk.

Reactions: SPRaiders78
Jeeeez guys - calm down. This board has gotten a little too close to our current state of BS reality lately. You can say cancer, heart attack, flood, amongst other stuff still. That stuff changes lives forever too. Nobody on this board wishes TRUE ill will to anyone else when it comes down to it I'd bet - even the Crest-Shelby people vs. each other.

I have seen/heard of/bantered about on this very site many a Crest fan who have been labeled people who milk the wrong appendage on bulls (not heifers), where Burns fans are rumored to have more teeth in their pocket than in their head and where Stuart Cramer fans who are reportedly pro-Trans/LGBTQXYZ for their football players before it was a movement.....that might just be the ugly truth and not germane to my argument.....but I don't think it's all true. I just can't get down with the "if it hurts my feelings then the rest of the world has to stop it" vibe.
78 - NEVER, and I mean never.... talk about the weather again.
add: If we can't talk about the weather, then we are gonna have to talk about old men like that Randy Travis mentioned. Please don't take away my weather talk.
Nothing you just referenced was an actual event where multiple people lost their lives and hundreds of others lost nearly everything they owned, plenty of which people on this board knew personally. That's what happened in the Canton community during TS Fred.

This isn't just some humorous cultural trope like everything you just named. This s**t was real.

Nothing you just referenced was an actual event where multiple people lost their lives and hundreds of others lost nearly everything they owned, plenty of which people on this board knew personally. That's what happened in the Canton community during TS Fred.

This isn't just some humorous cultural trope like everything you just named. This s**t was real.
Not to mention people lost their jobs when the Mill closed down. Canton community has been through a lot over the past few years.

cancer, heart attack/disease and weather related events are all huge culprits in lives lost around the world.
Also...hurricane hugo hit our area very hard. Lives lost, damages everything, businesses closed, etc.
He can still say what he said. You don't have to like it....just like I am opposed to cancer or a freak limb falling and crushing a car/killing a family member of mine was in....but that guy can still talk about it.

cancer, heart attack/disease and weather related events are all huge culprits in lives lost around the world.
Also...hurricane hugo hit our area very hard. Lives lost, damages everything, businesses closed, etc.
He can still say what he said. You don't have to like it....just like I am opposed to cancer or a freak limb falling and crushing a car/killing a family member of mine was in....but that guy can still talk about it.
What are you rambling about? Who here is making humorous posts about cancer and heart attacks, and Hurricane Hugo? Where are they? You're using completely hypothetical instances to justify this very real thread.

Reactions: Freshmanposter01
What are you rambling about? Who here is making humorous posts about cancer and heart attacks, and Hurricane Hugo? Where are they? You're using completely hypothetical instances to justify this very real thread.
Just let it go bud, reason I erased every comment I made on this post. You can’t argue with stupid. He’s now went to “uhhh you can still talk about it” I don’t think anyone has ever said you can’t talk about it. Most people who have a brain would know talking about it and making light of it aren’t the same. Nobody has made light about any of those other things, just let him argue with himself

Sorry I pissed you off dude. I truly am. The only thing I said that could possibly be seen as offensive was concerning the football field. Canton is one of my favorite mountain towns. I love the area and the people. When the bluegrass band Balsum Range did their benefit concert for Canton, I was there with My family. We ate at a local restaurant and put money in the bucket. I have no I’ll will for anyone in the area.

Reactions: Appvol
Sorry I pissed you off dude. I truly am. The only thing I said that could possibly be seen as offensive was concerning the football field. Canton is one of my favorite mountain towns. I love the area and the people. When the bluegrass band Balsum Range did their benefit concert for Canton, I was there with My family. We ate at a local restaurant and put money in the bucket. I have no I’ll will for anyone in the area.
I think the only ones you pissed off were not from Canton. Who knows Biden could have took one of those Sharpie pins and sent that thing right through here .By the way Balsam Range along with Lorrie Morgan will be here this Labor Day weekend.

Oh no, I hadn’t heard. I’d love to come back up but we’ve already got family plans in Huntersville. I guess they will be back in the park down town. They will be different with Darrin gone. He added a lot to their sound.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
I think the only ones you pissed off were not from Canton. Who knows Biden could have took one of those Sharpie pins and sent that thing right through here .By the way Balsam Range along with Lorrie Morgan will be here this Labor Day weekend.
You’d be wrong….born and raised. But I’ll admit I was probably a little to close to the situation and everyone says stuff sometimes that is interpreted wrong. That’s probably this situation so SP my apologies it’s a sore spot for me and probably over reacted or interrupted wrong

I said things I shouldn’t have and you overreacted. I’m cool with things if you are. Sorry we got off on the wrong foot. If we could come up for the concert, I’d invite you to join my family for dinner. Glad we are back on speaking terms.

Yes I 100 percent did! So my apologies I’m also good! If you make the trip be safe! Best to you and your family!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT