ADVERTISEMENT

Watauga vs Alexander Central 10/6

Watauga is a well oiled machine. They can be beat but it will be by great coaching and superior athletes. Sometimes Butch Carter is able to come up with a game plan to give Watauga a ball game. I think Watauga wins in a route but we shall see.

I don't think anyone touches Watauga in conference again and, as long as Ryan Habich remains their coach, they will be a force in our part of the state. Even when we had our good run about 10 years ago we had problems with them and you could see how cunning he is as a game coach. He is a master of misdirection and knows just when you are off balance and how to exploit that. Obviously he is also doing a good job getting talent out for his team and developing that, but someone who is closer to WHS can speak to that better than I can. No disrespect to Mackey or anyone else, but he is the best coach in our conference by a long way IMHO.

I don't think anyone touches Watauga in conference again and, as long as Ryan Habich remains their coach, they will be a force in our part of the state. Even when we had our good run about 10 years ago we had problems with them and you could see how cunning he is as a game coach. He is a master of misdirection and knows just when you are off balance and how to exploit that. Obviously he is also doing a good job getting talent out for his team and developing that, but someone who is closer to WHS can speak to that better than I can. No disrespect to Mackey or anyone else, but he is the best coach in our conference by a long way IMHO.
I’ll never forget in 2017 the flea flicker they pulled off to take the lead late in 4th qtr… Luckily we came back with a late TD on a reverse to win 18-17 and helped secure home field advantage on our run to State Championship… It was more well run then you see when some college teams run it and they didn’t throw the ball that much that year either

I’ll never forget in 2017 the flea flicker they pulled off to take the lead late in 4th qtr… Luckily we came back with a late TD on a reverse to win 18-17 and helped secure home field advantage on our run to State Championship… It was more well run then you see when some college teams run it and they didn’t throw the ball that much that year either
He’s done all kinds of stuff that made an impression on me. He knows just when to do something to break your spirits. It will be something like they have been running pitchouts around the tackle and making gains, but now your guys have been stopping that. So, he gets a third and long where a stop would be huge for you and he runs a play that looks like that pitch play, but really it’s an inside reverse or a play fake and now the tight end is wide open on a post route. He’s really clever about stuff like that, I’ve seen him do it multiple times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT