ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATED RPI 2A

never seen that map before..thanks for posting.....pretty plain there....Reidsville is in Rockingham County (West)...next counties east of us are Alamance and Caswell....both in the East....In fairness to Wiz...in years past Reidsville has been seeded in the East....if fact their titles of 2002, 2003, 2007, 2008, and 2009 they were the East representatives..........since 2013 they have played in the playoffs in the West.................
Forest Hills has had that issue in the past also being located in a centrally located county. We played Reidsville one year in the east regional final and another year we had to travel all the way to Southern Vance for another east regional final. We lost both but what was strange was during some of those years teams in our same conference might go west when we were east or even the opposite we were west and they were east.

So what you're saying is that it's possible for the champ of a centrally located conference to be in a predetermined region, while another team from the same conference could be in the other region?Talk about an interesting state championship game if two county rivals make it that far

That actually did happen between two Fayetteville schools a few years ago IIRC.

This change happened with the last realignment. The counties are now predetermined east and west for playoff purposes. There are other posts from me where I have provided written explanations from other sites.

never seen that map before..thanks for posting.....pretty plain there....Reidsville is in Rockingham County (West)...next counties east of us are Alamance and Caswell....both in the East....In fairness to Wiz...in years past Reidsville has been seeded in the East....if fact their titles of 2002, 2003, 2007, 2008, and 2009 they were the East representatives..........since 2013 they have played in the playoffs in the West.................
In fairness to "wiz" he should do research about that and most things concerning the way the playoffs are done now before posting inaccuracies and opinions that have no merit.

Obvious by his posts that he really has no idea how the current playoff format works and has worked since this cycle of realignment began. The formulas used to calculate RPI are posted for all to see. Its not a conspiracy. All he has to do is take his old gold and black bifocals off and look at it objectively.

Clinton High and its football program is not so important to the NCHSAA that they are going to try and screw them every single year.

I have covered Reidsville playoff games with Clinton and Southwest Onslow in the past so I am well aware of the Rams always being squarely in the middle of east/west the way the playoffs were done in the past. However, that is simply not the case the way the playoffs are done now.

Forest Hills has had that issue in the past also being located in a centrally located county. We played Reidsville one year in the east regional final and another year we had to travel all the way to Southern Vance for another east regional final. We lost both but what was strange was during some of those years teams in our same conference might go west when we were east or even the opposite we were west and they were east.

That's what I'm talking about, it depends on the field that qualifies.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: BK13T-$ and Swo1980
Sir. That's what everyone is trying to explain to you. That's the old way...it's already determined east and west now...like the NBA, you have a east and west conference. Those teams are already set in which playoffs they will be in. The teams that make it to playoffs on one side can have worse record that team that didn't make it to playoffs on the other side. It's all determined on how you did on your side of the regular season.

Sir. That's what everyone is trying to explain to you. That's the old way...it's already determined east and west now...like the NBA, you have a east and west conference. Those teams are already set in which playoffs they will be in. The teams that make it to playoffs on one side can have worse record that team that didn't make it to playoffs on the other side. It's all determined on how you did on your side of the regular season.
That's what I was explaining in my post. The old way was an issue for Forest Hills being in a centrally located county we played in both the east and west. Now it's predetermined by the NCHSAA that we will be in the west. Even Anson County to our east and is in our conference will play in the west.

That's what I was explaining in my post. The old way was an issue for Forest Hills being in a centrally located county we played in both the east and west. Now it's predetermined by the NCHSAA that we will be in the west. Even Anson County to our east and is in our conference will play in the west.
I know you and ALMOST everyone else gets it. I figure that might have been an easier way for him to understand. I mean, I didnt look at the map someone posted but I'm sure that might have helped those still confused also.

He probably has me on ignore so he is not seeing everything that I have posted giving simple explanations to playoff seeding.

As others have pointed out, you will not change his mind no matter how much proof you have.

I dont know which is the bigger tragedy, him not seeing it or being able to understand, or those of us who are continually trying to explain it to him.

He probably has me on ignore so he is not seeing everything that I have posted giving simple explanations to playoff seeding.

As others have pointed out, you will not change his mind no matter how much proof you have.

I dont know which is the bigger tragedy, him not seeing it or being able to understand, or those of us who are continually trying to explain it to him.

This guy wiz has been like this for the last 22 years I've been on here. That's why everyone hates when Clinton UUUU has a decent team. He's on here 24/7 talking nonsense and bashing everyone. When Clinton UUUU sucked for 4/5 years, he was Ghost 👻👻👻👻👻

Reactions: FHJackets90
It was probably best not to because things change so much with the nchsaa no wonder the legislature is turn it over to DPI
The association is a thing if the past . They whined last week knowing it’s over. In the end it’s like most things $$$$$$$$Most people have no concept about how much money they’ve amassed and their operating expense.We don’t know but the legislature does. They count money real good too!

It was probably best not to because things change so much with the nchsaa no wonder the legislature is turn it over to DPI
The association is a thing if the past . They whined last week knowing it’s over. In the end it’s like most things $$$$$$$$Most people have no concept about how much money they’ve amassed and their operating expense.We don’t know but the legislature does. They count money real good too!
Actually we do know. It's public record and very easy to find.

You don’t seem to understand conferences are not seeded team are, of course conference champions are in the field but othe teams are chosen at large the field is not divided East/west until it is determined
There is a lot of leway there after conferences champions are determined.
Pre-determined, with the new conference formations BiG REIDSVILLE is in the WEST in all sports

We do this every year maybe it’s a different angle but the arguments are the same.
Keep in mind that there probably aren't more than a half-dozen or so on the 2A forum who seemingly only come here to argue, ridicule and/or throw accusations which have no basis in fact. Most are here to talk football, exchange information and to hopefully put a positive spin on the young men who play and the communities they represent.

And who exactly who has East Duplin beaten, that was really good or ever been ranked? But if they beat WRH and they think they can, they’ll get value for that. Clinton destroyed WRH, but people forgot or dismissed that. Just telling it truthful. like it is and the way it’s going to be. Personally I think WRH will beat ED significantly. Not hoping don’t really care. For anyone to win SC you’ve got to win out anyway.and after the 1st couple rounds homecield advantage really serves no useful purpose. If you’re good you’re just good. No home field is going to help you at that level.
WRH will not beat ED significantly or probably not at all. ED is better coached and plays all 3 phases of the game. WRH has no special teams and that will cost them.

Reactions: Swo1980
East Duplin has a freshman kicker that kicks it off to the endzone and can make field goals from 45 yds....saw this first hand a few weeks ago when watching my grandsons play jr. varsity and varsity for Croatan vs. East Duplin (1 on jv. and 1 on varsity)...ED kid kicked a 42 yarder at the end to win the JV game which woulda been good from 50...Same kicker was booming into endzone the next nite for the varsity....ED varsity also has a big RB (who is a soph) who rolled in the varsity game....my older grandson who plays for Croatan at linebacker actually did chase him down from behind on one play...lol..............East will go deep in the east playoffs I predict.........really solid club....maybe they and the Rams can hook up again in the title game.............................

East Duplin has a freshman kicker that kicks it off to the endzone and can make field goals from 45 yds....saw this first hand a few weeks ago when watching my grandsons play jr. varsity and varsity for Croatan vs. East Duplin (1 on jv. and 1 on varsity)...ED kid kicked a 42 yarder at the end to win the JV game which woulda been good from 50...Same kicker was booming into endzone the next nite for the varsity....ED varsity also has a big RB (who is a soph) who rolled in the varsity game....my older grandson who plays for Croatan at linebacker actually did chase him down from behind on one play...lol..............East will go deep in the east playoffs I predict.........really solid club....maybe they and the Rams can hook up again in the title game.............................
Hope that happens again. ED will have to keep improving for them to make it. But if your Rams get healthy they would be my pick to be there again out of the west. Just a ton of talent on that team.

not a chance rambbq they’d have to get by the DarkHorses who’d beat them by 3 touchdowns at leadt

Last edited:
  • Haha
It brings me joy to see your displeasure, you grumpy old wizard. Guess you can’t teach an old wizard new tricks.
i’m not grumpy, I’m excited because the DarkHorses are definitely a State title contender, you’re the grumpy one who’s always throwing darts at everyone because you already know what’s going to happen to your team 😃

Last edited:
  • Haha
Hope that happens again. ED will have to keep improving for them to make it. But if your Rams get healthy they would be my pick to be there again out of the west. Just a ton of talent on that team.
It a chance
So you giving the dogs a shot?
dogs dogs will beat ED by 3tds;. ED will not stop WRH’s running backs

Last edited:
i’m not grumpy, I’m excited because the DarkHorses are definitely a State title contender, you’re the grumpy one who’s throwing darts because you already know what’s going to happen to your team 😃
Should clinton lose to ANYONE short of the state champion or Georgia, you're going to have more Crow to eat than you can stand 🤣🤣🤣🤣😪

This guy wiz has been like this for the last 22 years I've been on here. That's why everyone hates when Clinton UUUU has a decent team. He's on here 24/7 talking nonsense and bashing everyone. When Clinton UUUU sucked for 4/5 years, he was Ghost 👻👻👻👻👻
I r never been off this site, have over 17,000 ppodt to prove it. I’d like to see some examples where I have “bashed some teams” You’re just upset since SWO hasn’t really been relevant sonce the Burney days

. Ghost? I have t been anywhere and have 17,000 post to prove it. Your problem is SWO hasn’t been actually relevant since the Burney days and not really now That why you hate Clinton, you hate their succees

• Haha
I r never been off this site, have over 17,000 ppodt to prove it. I’d like to see some examples where I have “bashed some teams” You’re just upset since SWO hasn’t really been relevant sonce the Burney days

. Ghost? I have t been anywhere and have 17,000 post to prove it. Your problem is SWO hasn’t been actually relevant since the Burney days and not really now That why you hate Clinton, you hate their succees
If anybody hates Clinton, it's because "certain" posters are insufferable in the unbeatable Clinton this, unbeatable Clinton that talk. I'm neither for or against Clinton, but you're making me wish that they'd lose just so we can stop hearing it lol. So much pressure is being put on the team from every angle, that I feel bad for the players and coaches. Going 15-1 with a championship would seem like they let the community down because they didn't go undefeated.

If anybody hates Clinton, it's because "certain" posters are insufferable in the unbeatable Clinton this, unbeatable Clinton that talk. I'm neither for or against Clinton, but you're making me wish that they'd lose just so we can stop hearing it lol. So much pressure is being put on the team from every angle, that I feel bad for the players and coaches. Going 15-1 with a championship would seem like they let the community down because they didn't go undefeated.
That’s your thinking not ours, see our programs been there before. We know winning it all and losing it all. II don’t remember anything at all about SWE’s history, must not really be relevant . I’m not making up anything. I don’t have r any effect on the team. I’m just a fan. The team is the team. Their very competent coaches control their thought process, not something written on some stupid message boards
From your post I can reall tel you’re neither for against Clinton, you can really tell!
Let me recommend something for you, there’s a ignore process you can put me on and then I won’t bother you so badly

• Haha
Listen everyone apparently I’m wrong on the East/west issue, we’ll see who’s seeded where’s in each classification but in the last 20 years the process has changed so much it’s hard to keep up with. The association can’t even get the teams right in the rpi. How long they been using a rpi
Maybe the whole ball of wax needs to be predetermined. I remember when it was when you had what could be a Stste championship matchup in the 2nd round but you know it was less controversial, you knew shat the deal was and you played them as you got them

That’s your thinking not ours, see our programs been there before. We know winning it all and losing it all. II don’t remember anything at all about SWE’s history, must not really be relevant . I’m not making up anything. I don’t have r any effect on the team. I’m just a fan. The team is the team. Their very competent coaches control their thought process, not something written on some stupid message boards
From your post I can reall tel you’re neither for against Clinton, you can really tell!
Let me recommend something for you, there’s a ignore process you can put me on and then I won’t bother you so badly
But the coaches have used these boards for motivation and it has worked. The WRH game was the most motivated team I’ve seen. Can they keep that intensity, motivation?

But the coaches have used these boards for motivation and it has worked. The WRH game was the most motivated team I’ve seen. Can they keep that intensity, motivation?
If a team needs motivation from what a fan says on a message board, they got trouble, but didn’t your. Coach perpetuate the myth that Clinton was an all-star team and I think the quote on the video was he had never coached against an all star team before. That really worked for him didn’t it. Maybe you need a new coach who has different motivational techniques. Just saying.. I think the Bulldogs have a good team who’s played a tough schele( who’s bring our RPI down too because of it) They’ll go pretty deep in the playoffs

• Haha
Reactions: Swo1980 and dogs79
If a team needs motivation from what a fan says on a message board, they got trouble, but didn’t your. Coach perpetuate the myth that Clinton was an all-star team and I think the quote on the video was he had never coached against an all star team before. That really worked for him didn’t it. Maybe you need a new coach who has different motivational techniques. Just saying.. I think the Bulldogs have a good team who’s played a tough schele( who’s bring our RPI down too because of it) They’ll go pretty deep in the playoffs
That’s where your players said on air where they got it. Does make me wonder if they can keep it

Your first 3 sentences consisted of bragging and taking shots lol. Kinda proved my point.
I find no need to ignore you. I actually like the laughs I get whenever you post. My previous post was just trying to get you to understand something, but silly me. They call you old and bitter, but I swear, it seems like you're 10. Anyway, carry on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT