ADVERTISEMENT

Undefeated to go out first?

You don't UNDERSTAND KM would love to see THE MIGHTY CREST CHARGERS one more time. THEY may not want to see KM again.
Crest might not want to see or be prepared for Statesville, SP, WC, Dudley and more. Any team can be beat.

But I guarantee you KM wants absolutely nothing to do with playing Crest again this year.

However I’d love to see it.

Crest might not want to see or be prepared for Statesville, SP, WC, Dudley and more. Any team can be beat.

But I guarantee you KM wants absolutely nothing to do with playing Crest again this year.

However I’d love to see it.
I think it would be an entirely different outcome. Much closer game!

Since you laughed at my initial comment I’m going to tell you why.

KM had success when they brought in the wild cat QB and went away from it, I’m not sure why. Even on the QB keeper with 18 they picked up a big chunk of yardage. Crest is still vulnerable regardless of how the final score looked.
What’s the chances KM throws three consecutive picks with one being a pick six and then fumbling on another drive?
Their defense played good, especially against the pass and they got to Tater some.
Yes, Crest got a lot of yardage in the run game but for the most part, most of it came from a few big runs. Crest has weapons and will get a few big plays or scores on anyone, that’s football. You take away all the mistakes they made and they hold Crest to a season low in scoring.
If that game was played again, I would just add more diversity to the run game against Crest if I were KM like some rpo with a wildcat QB and maybe some quick bubble routes, screens just to keep the defense honest, make them tackle in space and make them play/move outside of the box. They had everyone within 8 yards of the line of scrimmage just focusing on the Rb getting the handoff which made it to easy and predictable. I would throw less passes down field with 18 and keep an athlete back there, eat up clock and keep the chains moving and you have a close ball game.

Last edited:

KM had success when they brought in the wild cat QB and went away from it, I’m not sure why. Even on the QB keeper with 18 they picked up a big chunk of yardage. Crest is still vulnerable regardless of how the final score looked.
What’s the chances KM throws three consecutive picks with one being a pick six and then fumbling on another drive?
Their defense played good, especially against the pass and they got to Tater some.
Yes, Crest got a lot of yardage in the run game but for the most part, most of it came from a few big runs. Crest has weapons and will get a few big plays or scores on anyone, that’s football. You take away all the mistakes they made and they hold Crest to a season low in scoring.
If that game was played again, I would just add more diversity to the run game against Crest if I were KM like some rpo with a wildcat QB and maybe some quick bubble routes, screens just to keep the defense honest, make them tackle in space and make them play/move outside of the box. They had everyone within 8 yards of the line of scrimmage just focusing on the Rb getting the handoff which made it to easy and predictable. I would throw less passes down field with 18 and keep an athlete back there, eat up clock and keep the chains moving and you have a close ball game.
Tell yourself whatever you need to. Long tough road ahead. Right now the focus is parkland

Reactions: Maiden Creek

Actually the refs scored KM with some terrible flags. 45 yards worth on one of their give me scoring drives. If there were a next we’d definitely put up 40-50 and KM single digits. NG defense did better against us. Haha

Hickory or West Henderson would be my guess. Not a knock on either team I just see them losing before Dudley or Crest. Not sure of any other undefeated teams in the west.
You know I think possibly the same thing … I have seen both Hickory and West Hendo and I would give West the slight edge ….. can’t say who I would have out first without looking at the brackets. Both good teams

If The MIGHTY CREST CHARGERS do not WIN the 3A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP this YEAR it will be one of the biggest CHOKE JOBS ever.
Nope. The biggest choke job EVER has been going on for OVER 100 years.

All year we've heard how Lloyd needed to go in order for KM to grow........ Binky got'em a big gun who hired an all star staff who trotted that offense out on the field all year.

BINKY'S

Kettle Corn Clowncartel GIF by Mr. Goodstuff

No Idea Idk GIF by WestVirginiaU

Last edited:

I love fans rationalizations in football. It goes from HS to NFL. You can't stop everything on defense. Those "few big runs" they had that you flippantly dismiss....those are called game-winning plays. Every coach ever alive wants as many of those as they can get. Don't matter if it's a fumblerooski or a fullback dive...they will take a couple 70 yarders. They still count in the stat sheet and most importantly count on the scoreboard.
In the mean time...instead of holding Crest to an imaginary season low in scoring...you had very similar outcomes as Forestview and North Gaston vs. Crest in reality.... no matter how you got there.

If The MIGHTY CREST CHARGERS do not WIN the 3A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP this YEAR it will be one of the biggest CHOKE JOBS ever.
No - the biggest choke job will be if KM, Crest, Dudley or West Charlotte don't win the 3a championship. Between the recruiting/having players from 3-4 counties and multiple states AND for the latter two- not even suppose to be playing 3A ball..... these four teams are built differently than any public school that I know about in NC 3a HS football in NC.
For Crest and KM...It is very much like a beautiful woman with everything going for her and she wants to take it to the next level and get a bunch of plastic surgery. It might go well that first year or two....but in the end you are going to end up looking like that LION woman (pun intended Cleveland County) Jocelyn Wildenstein.

No - the biggest choke job will be if KM, Crest, Dudley or West Charlotte don't win the 3a championship. Between the recruiting/having players from 3-4 counties and multiple states AND for the latter two- not even suppose to be playing 3A ball..... these four teams are built differently than any public school that I know about in NC 3a HS football in NC.
For Crest and KM...It is very much like a beautiful woman with everything going for her and she wants to take it to the next level and get a bunch of plastic surgery. It might go well that first year or two....but in the end you are going to end up looking like that LION woman (pun intended Cleveland County) Jocelyn Wildenstein.
You know I like you man. You're a real SP fan, but you're so salty. Crest is doing Crest no one this way cares about your little quips. Real Crest fans appreciate and respect and hate SP at all times.

But, you being so salty makes me laugh.

Last edited:
Reactions: New3ra and beamer24

I mean I do not disagree with everything you said but a few big runs... LOL.. There were more than a few.

But whatever.... That defense is good but it's nothing ike the 2015 Crest unit.

I do think KM should have tried to stay with what worked (wildcat and screens) but even that would not have been enough and if they had a better option at QB they would have already played them. That offense as it sits now is unworthy....I do think if we play again and they start that QB there is a great chance for more interceptions but hey that's me.

No second half adjustments. Nothing different. No imgination whatsoever.

It was a weird game that left the Crest offense on the sidelines for a lot of it . Most of the reason for that was the Crest defense and special teams scoring and leaving it idle on the sideline. The KM DB’s played good football. That’s a fact.

Last edited:
I love fans rationalizations in football. It goes from HS to NFL. You can't stop everything on defense. Those "few big runs" they had that you flippantly dismiss....those are called game-winning plays. Every coach ever alive wants as many of those as they can get. Don't matter if it's a fumblerooski or a fullback dive...they will take a couple 70 yarders. They still count in the stat sheet and most importantly count on the scoreboard.
In the mean time...instead of holding Crest to an imaginary season low in scoring...you had very similar outcomes as Forestview and North Gaston vs. Crest in reality.... no matter how you got there.
I know you can’t stop everything. Did you not read where I said “ Crest has weapons and will get a few big plays or scores on anyone, that’s football.” ? But regardless of what you or anyone says, It won’t change how I saw the game.

The outcome might be the exact same as the regular season matchup. The whooping might even be worse. I guarantee you, Crest would like to see South Point fall to Statesville. With 4 minutes to play SP was within 5 points of Crest. That game could have turned out very differently. It didn’t but it could have. If that rematch occurs, SP will have to find a way to get the defense off the field other than walking to the sideline following a TD. I’d love to see the rematch. It might end the same way but a chance is all you can ask for.

The outcome might be the exact same as the regular season matchup. The whooping might even be worse. I guarantee you, Crest would like to see South Point fall to Statesville. With 4 minutes to play SP was within 5 points of Crest. That game could have turned out very differently. It didn’t but it could have. If that rematch occurs, SP will have to find a way to get the defense off the field other than walking to the sideline following a TD. I’d love to see the rematch. It might end the same way but a chance is all you can ask for.
NO. We want SP... We owe you one more and the second time around with you guys is way better than the first time. Don't choke what we have in store for SP away...

You know I like you man. You're a real SP fan, but you're so salty. Crest is doing Crest no one this way cares about your little quips. Real Crest fans appreciate and respect and hate SP at all times.

But, you being so salty makes me laugh.
Not salty...just disappointed. I would expect this out of some programs around the state.... but not Crest and KM. I understand your side of things....if you don't do it you will be left behind.

Reactions: crestrulz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT