ADVERTISEMENT

Undefeated Bunker Hill @ Reidsville

50% of Reidsville's regular season games are on the road just like nearly every high school football team. Maybe you are not familiar with scheduling of high school football.
I am aware of "scheduling" I am also aware of CAREFUL scheduling, Reidsville is the mother of careful scheduling, more than any other school in the entire state bar none. The overall record of their opponents this year up through the Madison playoff game, is 48-58 if MaxPreps numbers are correct. Considering there isnt much competition in whatever conference they play in...>EVER, Intentionally scheduling glaringly inferior teams in their NC schedule, Reidsville is all but guaranteed all home games in the playoffs all the way up to the title game itself. This opinion is based on facts that few honest observers can deny. Now, this doesnt mean Reidsville isnt the best team in the state or even the country for all we know. It DOES mean they sure dont do anything to hurt their chances by playing quality opponents during the season. Their recipe for a state championship: Start with a good team, schedule your non conference games carefully, dominate your conference, end up with all home playoff games, every year. Win ONE game against the one best other 2a team you cant duck or avoid, and there you have it. Its a good system.

That’s true. Their non conference weighed them down heavily though
48=58 is the overall record of Reidsvilles opponents up through the first round of the playoffs? I didnt look at Bunker Hills opponent's record but its hard to imagine how BH's path to this game have been any easier than that? One would think a team the quality of Reidsville would want to schedule teams with a legit chance against them in the NC season, but they rarely do, and absolutely NEVER on the road.

48=58 is the overall record of Reidsvilles opponents up through the first round of the playoffs? I didnt look at Bunker Hills opponent's record but its hard to imagine how BH's path to this game have been any easier than that? One would think a team the quality of Reidsville would want to schedule teams with a legit chance against them in the NC season, but they rarely do, and absolutely NEVER on the road.

Eastern alamance, western alamance and page are all good programs in the triad and all 3a and 4a teams. When this schedule was first announced we were thrilled. I do agree, maybe it’s time to move on deo
Page and western alamance, seems they are on the down slope, but it’s hard to predict which direction a teams will go. We’ve recently played, northern guilford, east surry, mount airy, northwest guilford, Magna Vista va.

Reactions: Maiden Creek

Bunker hill played powerhouses, hickory hawks, freedom and st stephens.

• Haha
Your argument has a glaring has holes in it. It is about 3.5 hours before I go watch the Reidsville play a team that is unbeaten. They playoff system itself seems to make Reidsville's rpi go down until at least 3/4 way through playoffs. What do you think would have been the result of game with Brevard (10-3) had it been played during the regular season. Every year Reidsville endures all kinds of angles of attack on our success. You made this same hollow argument 3 weeks ago. Whatever we do works pretty well. Now who is your team? Just wondering.

Your argument has a glaring has holes in it. It is about 3.5 hours before I go watch the Reidsville play a team that is unbeaten. They playoff system itself seems to make Reidsville's rpi go down until at least 3/4 way through playoffs. What do you think would have been the result of game with Brevard (10-3) had it been played during the regular season. Every year Reidsville endures all kinds of angles of attack on our success. You made this same hollow argument 3 weeks ago. Whatever we do works pretty well. Now who is your team? Just wondering.

I think pisgah and he comes on here hating every year. Tell pisgah to give us a call

• Haha
Bunker hill played powerhouses, hickory hawks, freedom and st stephens.
I've beat that horse dead with the hickory hawks. But In fairness with us Catawba County schools our county requires us to usually schedule 2 in county opponents out of our 3 non conference game schedule and we get to choose 1 which we went with watauga high school.

I am aware of "scheduling" I am also aware of CAREFUL scheduling, Reidsville is the mother of careful scheduling, more than any other school in the entire state bar none. The overall record of their opponents this year up through the Madison playoff game, is 48-58 if MaxPreps numbers are correct. Considering there isnt much competition in whatever conference they play in...>EVER, Intentionally scheduling glaringly inferior teams in their NC schedule, Reidsville is all but guaranteed all home games in the playoffs all the way up to the title game itself. This opinion is based on facts that few honest observers can deny. Now, this doesnt mean Reidsville isnt the best team in the state or even the country for all we know. It DOES mean they sure dont do anything to hurt their chances by playing quality opponents during the season. Their recipe for a state championship: Start with a good team, schedule your non conference games carefully, dominate your conference, end up with all home playoff games, every year. Win ONE game against the one best other 2a team you cant duck or avoid, and there you have it. Its a good system.
No, you do not understand scheduling and apparently you have an agenda that does not includes facts.

The reason Reidsville got the #1 seed was because the Rams regular season opponents records and the opponents opponents records was extremely difficult. That's what the RPI is based on as well as the teams won/loss record.

But if you want to go on with that ridiculous opinion that's up to you.

OFcourse my argument has holes. Now allow me to retort. Good teams will travel to wherever to find other good teams to play. Hell. ACR spends more time in Winston Salem area than they do at home to find quality opponents to play. Asheville has been known to travel far and wide some years. Shelby Crest and some other Cleveland county teams also are known to travel even though they got plenty of competition right at their doorstep. Ask yourself a question. If Reidsville played in the league that Shelby must compete in how successful do you think they would be? Year to year?

I've beat that horse dead with the hickory hawks. But In fairness with us Catawba County schools our county requires us to usually schedule 2 in county opponents out of our 3 non conference game schedule and we get to choose 1 which we went with watauga high school.

We are required to play rockingham county so I understand. But I don’t like the criticism of that’s what the opponents non conference schedule is. Shelby plays a very tough non conf schedule as well as Monroe

No, you do not understand scheduling and apparently you have an agenda that does not includes facts.

The reason Reidsville got the #1 seed was because the Rams regular season opponents records and the opponents opponents records was extremely difficult. That's what the RPI is based on as well as the teams won/loss record.

But if you want to go on with that ridiculous opinion that's up to you.
"But if you want to go on with that ridiculous opinion that's up to you"
Why thats mighty nice of you to allow others their opinion, and I will do just that. And I will base my opinion on numbers, records and other verifiable fact. despite the "RPIS" and difficult opponent's opponent records. Fact is, BH should be playing this game AT BH. Win or lose thats how it should be. They didnt lose any games and Reidsville did. It should be no more complicated than that. Yet Reidsville plays at home again. And again...And again, and again. Anybody else see a pattern here?

"But if you want to go on with that ridiculous opinion that's up to you"
Why thats mighty nice of you to allow others their opinion, and I will do just that. And I will base my opinion on numbers, records and other verifiable fact. despite the "RPIS" and difficult opponent's opponent records. Fact is, BH should be playing this game AT BH. Win or lose thats how it should be. They didnt lose any games and Reidsville did. It should be no more complicated than that. Yet Reidsville plays at home again. And again...And again, and again. Anybody else see a pattern here?
So, you think home team should be based on who has the best record?

Now that would most definitely encourage teams to schedule only cupcakes. Which is exactly the opposite your argument that teams should not play easy schedules to gain home field advantage in the playoffs.

So, which is it? Or do you just make your arguments based on who you want to win at any given time?

Take a nap and watch the game tonight on the NHSF network. It's only about $11/month including taxes.

Northern Guilford, NW Guilford, Northeast Guilford, Reynolds (Winston), Magna Vista, Eastern Guilford, High Point Central are all larger classification than Reidsville. None of them schedule us any longer...why? Took Ls. None of you guys who repeat, repeat, repeat the same thing year after year bring up never seem to remember that. Until recently, when Morehead and McMichael joined our conference, we were still forced to play them including Rockingham County. So there's 3 games we have Zero choice. Western Alamance, Eastern Alamance and Page are traditional powers. That's 6 games. Pick a different horse.

We are required to play rockingham county so I understand. But I don’t like the criticism of that’s what the opponents non conference schedule is. Shelby plays a very tough non conf schedule as well as Monroe
With our one available choice for an opponent we at least try to play up against watauga to help kids get a tough game in because even if we lose it's still helpful in the long run. And believe me Fred t Foard fans have wanted to drop us off the schedule for a while 🤣🤣 but County won't let it happen and with the new realignment probably a good chance we will be in the conference together

I think pisgah and he comes on here hating every year. Tell pisgah to give us a call
I found it interesting that he had time to add Reidsville's opponents records but didn't bother to compute BH opponents records. I did, I see why he did not. Regular season teams season totals 43-65. (totals include playoff totals)

It is even more interesting to look at the teams BH beat that made the playoffs, and look at who those teams got beaten by, and the margin of those loses. It is interesting. I like our chances.

I found it interesting that he had time to add Reidsville's opponents records but didn't bother to compute BH opponents records. I did, I see why he did not. Regular season teams season totals 43-65. (totals include playoff totals)

It is even more interesting to look at the teams BH beat that made the playoffs, and look at who those teams got beaten by, and the margin of those loses. It is interesting. I like our chances.
Wait!!!….you’re an underdog.

What are you saying?

Upset?…like Newton Combover?

Play Dudley! It’s beyond lame that game doesn’t happen, because you’re both scared of each other, scared of a potential loss. It’s too risky, but yet, you both are willing to go bully Page. Smh….That’s a horse worth beating.

Play Dudley! It’s beyond lame that game doesn’t happen, because you’re both scared of each other, scared of a potential loss. It’s too risky, but yet, you both are willing to go bully Page. Smh….That’s a horse worth beating.
Make your own schedule. My grandma used to say "You made your bed, now sleep in it"!

Pre game --- Bunker Hill fans have turned out in force (more than the first three playoff games combined) . Reidsville fans still filing in. Lined up in the parking lot,
I'll try to post the scoring summaries on this thread. 11 minutes before kickoff.

Reactions: Rammer16
Bunker Hill 5 14
Reidsville 6 14

R - Jariel Cobb 22 run (pass failed), 6:53 first quarter
BH - Alan Behena Soto 36 field goal, 3:48 first quarter
BH - Safety, Cole Lineberger tackled Cobb in end zone, 0:33 first quarter
R - Queshyne Flippen 63 pass from Al Lee (Grady Barrett kick), 7:12 second quarter
BH - Talayn Weaver 66 pass from Redek Robinson (Soto kick), 6:14 second quarter
R - Dionte Neal 18 pass from Lee (Barrett kick), 3:54 second quarter
BH - Jaylon Willis 78 pass from Robinson (Soto kick), 2:58 second quarter

halftime

Bunker Hill 5 14 0 7 -- 26
Reidsville 6 14 7 14 -- 41

R - Jariel Cobb 22 run (pass failed), 6:53 first quarter
BH - Alan Behena Soto 36 field goal, 3:48 first quarter
BH - Safety, Cole Lineberger tackled Cobb in end zone, 0:33 first quarter
R - Queshyne Flippen 63 pass from Al Lee (Grady Barrett kick), 7:12 second quarter
BH - Talayn Weaver 66 pass from Redek Robinson (Soto kick), 6:14 second quarter
R - Dionte Neal 18 pass from Lee (Barrett kick), 3:54 second quarter
BH - Jaylon Willis 78 pass from Robinson (Soto kick), 2:58 second quarter
R - Kendre Harrison 6 pass from Lee (Barrett kick), 8:07 third quarter
R - Cobb 15 run (Barrett kick), 6:46 fourth quarter
BH - Jason Willis 10 run (Soto kick), 4:39 fourth quarter
R - Neal 52 interception return (Barrett kick) 0:58 fourth quarter

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT