ADVERTISEMENT

Thomasville at Mitchell

Dogs win to advance. Mitchell will pound and ground and the Dogs will quick strike. If Mitchell puts the ball in the air much the Dogs will make a big play and I dare you to punt or kick it to #2. Double Dare you!

Dogs win to advance. Mitchell will pound and ground and the Dogs will quick strike. If Mitchell puts the ball in the air much the Dogs will make a big play and I dare you to punt or kick it to #2. Double Dare you!
Kick-offs do worry me as for punts Mitchell only had to punt in 2 games.

Reactions: Swain97
Honestly I don't know how this game will go no head to head competition to compare to no stats for Thomasville most their wins came off pretty weak teams but that doesn't mean anything they can't help their schedule and WHC wasn't that strong this year ether.
I'm sure they're fast though like the misconception as meationed that flatland teams are weak but fast and mountain teams are strong but slow, the first isn't as weak probably as thought and the second probably isn't as slow as the other thinks.
My only feeling is that Mitchell's best bet is if they're able to grind it out and eat up clock while scoring it's hard for an offense no matter how fast to score when they're not on the field.
But I don't have a clue how this game will go I'll let the experts on football fortune telling do that. All I know for sure is win or lose I'm only 10 minutes from home.

….Thomasville has been playing bigger schools for a while now,when in 2A like north Davidson,oak Grove,Salisbury ED and Ledford….ND,OG and Ledford are all 3A size schools then and now,and tville played em though even won some of those games,I could be wrong but I think they were the smallest school in the conference

Last edited:
Reactions: bigtime_87
….Thomasville has been playing bigger schools for a while now,when in 2A like north Davidson,oak Grove,Salisbury ED and Ledford….ND,OG and Ledford are all 3A size schools then and now,and tville played em though even won some of those games,I could be wrong but I think they were the smallest school in the conference
South Davidson is the smallest in your conference @ 395 then North Rowan@ 531
Thomasville @ 638 one of the 7 schools in 1A above 600.
Which made me realize in my last comment I was wrong there was one head to head comparison South Davidson they lost to Thomasville 63-0 and Mitchell 49-10.

Reactions: TVILLEDAWG2370
Thats cool…but every team we played in our conference we were the smallest school,every single week for years,we were out maned,so it’s impossible to intimidate these guys,don’t matter how high the mountain is or how cold it is

Reactions: bigtime_87
Right I forgot about SD,but this is the first year they are in the conference,I was specking more out in the past,when we were 2A

Thats cool…but every team we played in our conference we were the smallest school,every single week for years,we were out maned,so it’s impossible to intimidate these guys,don’t matter how high the mountain is or how cold it is
Well as far as that goes this is the first year adding Rosman that Mitchell wasn't the smallest in WHC..but you'll definitely be the biggest next Friday 638 vs 489

Reactions: Purple1995
You don't have to worry about them passing much. And like the Mitchell fans have said, the ST play needs to improve drastically. I think Swain averaged probably 25-30yds on returns. It seemed like every kickoff we brought it back to the 40.

You don't have to worry about them passing much. And like the Mitchell fans have said, the ST play needs to improve drastically. I think Swain averaged probably 25-30yds on returns. It seemed like every kickoff we brought it back to the 40.
The kicker is good at extra points and probably field goal if Mitchell ever kicked them, he's so close another half yard sometimes to getting in the end zone it was a real weapon when we once had a kicker who kicked it out the back of the end zone but that's a rare thing in high school. But still can't blame the kicker unless he's doing that pooch kick he can get it deep enough were coverage should be better ,I thought last night just kick it deep and out of bounds 35 is better then 40 or 45.

Hoping for a Rville/Mitchell matchup just so you can see their kicker. Best one I've seen since Sneed and the Zimmermans at Swain.
Mitchell had a kicker one time that was a pretty good kicker but he just didn't look right out there kicking he was like a 6'7" lineman lol just looked odd.

• Wow
Reactions: Swain97
Mitchell lives and dies by the Q Power. They pull two guards and run him up in the hole. He cuts back and finds open space. He is a good runner with good speed. The TB does not concern me as much, tough kid but not going to out run the Dogs. Passing game is mostly dinky stuff to the TE or the Slot receiver. Defensively they run to the ball but have not seen a spread team the last few weeks, especially one with lots of team speed and big play ability. How well Mitchell's corners play decides how well they can do against the Dogs outside game and quick strike passing ability. The Mitchell DE's must make good reads or #12 will be gone to the house.

Thomasville is big and fast at DL/LB. This could present an issue with Q Power for Mitchell as #60 and #70 are both big fast kids that cannot be single blocked and flow down the LOS to stop the cutback run. The Dogs LB's are bigger and faster also so plugging gaps and quickly getting to the ball will be the key to stopping Mitchell. The Dogs offense is spread look and featuring 5-6 athletes that can make a big plays on every play. Can Mitchell make the right reads and contain #12 off tackle and on the edge. The two headed RB machine of #1 and #5 are both big fast TB's and can break it as well. No one including Salisbury has stopped #2 so how does Mitchell do that this week. He touches the ball and big plays happen on offense, defense and special teams.

Mitchell is talented and well coached. Athletically they cannot matchup with the Dogs #1, #2, #3, #5, #12 and others. Can the Dogs read the guards and limit the Q Power and force Mitchell into throwing the ball more. Execution, turnovers and special teams are huge this week. Going to be a great ball game for sure.

Here we go with the slow white boy crap again. I promise you, you’ll be wishing for speed on that trip back home Friday night.
Only one saying "slow white boy crap" was you in your response. This is not about black/white or city/county. This is about facts and how each team can and may win this game. Mitchell lives and dies with Q Power and has for many years now. THS spreads it out and scores on big plays in all three areas of the game. Whichever team exeutes, limits mistakes and makes the most big plays will win this game.

Only one saying "slow white boy crap" was you in your response. This is not about black/white or city/county. This is about facts and how each team can and may win this game. Mitchell lives and dies with Q Power and has for many years now. THS spreads it out and scores on big plays in all three areas of the game. Whichever team exeutes, limits mistakes and makes the most big plays will win this game.
I mean our QB is a state champion in the 4x100 relay. That’s pure speed, ain’t no mountain vs city argument in that.

Mitchell lives and dies by the Q Power. They pull two guards and run him up in the hole. He cuts back and finds open space. He is a good runner with good speed. The TB does not concern me as much, tough kid but not going to out run the Dogs. Passing game is mostly dinky stuff to the TE or the Slot receiver. Defensively they run to the ball but have not seen a spread team the last few weeks, especially one with lots of team speed and big play ability. How well Mitchell's corners play decides how well they can do against the Dogs outside game and quick strike passing ability. The Mitchell DE's must make good reads or #12 will be gone to the house.

Thomasville is big and fast at DL/LB. This could present an issue with Q Power for Mitchell as #60 and #70 are both big fast kids that cannot be single blocked and flow down the LOS to stop the cutback run. The Dogs LB's are bigger and faster also so plugging gaps and quickly getting to the ball will be the key to stopping Mitchell. The Dogs offense is spread look and featuring 5-6 athletes that can make a big plays on every play. Can Mitchell make the right reads and contain #12 off tackle and on the edge. The two headed RB machine of #1 and #5 are both big fast TB's and can break it as well. No one including Salisbury has stopped #2 so how does Mitchell do that this week. He touches the ball and big plays happen on offense, defense and special teams.

Mitchell is talented and well coached. Athletically they cannot matchup with the Dogs #1, #2, #3, #5, #12 and others. Can the Dogs read the guards and limit the Q Power and force Mitchell into throwing the ball more. Execution, turnovers and special teams are huge this week. Going to be a great ball game for sure.
Dang, sounds like our boys don't even need to dress out. On to Mount Airy. Good luck next week dogs!

The TB should concern you he is an 1st team all state linebacker look it up, I just changed my mind, it was Mitchell by 7, I say Mitchell by 14 lol

I mean our QB is a state champion in the 4x100 relay. That’s pure speed, ain’t no mountain vs city argument in that.
Wait till he gets hit in the mouth by two all state linebackers in hopefully 20 degree weather, that takes the speed away lol, no turf here flatlanders

It will be a long ride home for you if you even bother to ride up lol

Lmao, 1 winning season in years and all of a sudden you think you're Tarboro? Come on man!!!!!

Hoping for a Rville/Mitchell matchup just so you can see their kicker. Best one I've seen since Sneed and the Zimmermans at Swain.
Most teams you played have a losing record fri will tell the tale

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT