ADVERTISEMENT

The Best State Coaching Record

swett2victory

Aug 28, 2010
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I AM CURIOUS TO KNOW WHO WILL BE THE NEXT TO JOIN THESE ELITE COACHES

CAREER WINS:
Jack Holley (Tabor City, Hallsboro, Wallace-Rose Hill, West Columbus , South Columbus, Harrells Christian) 412-96-9 in 44 years

Bob Paroli (Benson, Jacksonville, Fike, Burlington Cummings, Douglas Byrd, Seventy-First) 403- 206-13 in 55 years

Tom Brown (Bunker Hill, Maiden) 352-132-7 in 39 years

B.W. Holt (Rocky Mount, West Montgomery, Tennessee High (VA), Starmount, Franklin, Southwestern Randolph), 321-113-2 in 39 years (includes 2008)

SAME SCHOOL WINS:
330, Tom Brown in 35 years at Maiden
273, Frank Barger (Hickory) 273-120-5 in 1 year at Mineral Springs, 31 at Hickory)
254, E.Z. Smith (Concord) 254-100-1 in 29 years at Concord, 1980-2008)
245, Thell Overman (Wallace and Wallace-Rose Hill), 245-66-6 in 30 years

STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS: 11,Bob Colvin (Robbinsville)

I AM CURIOUS TO KNOW WHO WILL BE THE NEXT TO JOIN THESE ELITE COACHES

CAREER WINS:
Jack Holley (Tabor City, Hallsboro, Wallace-Rose Hill, West Columbus , South Columbus, Harrells Christian) 412-96-9 in 44 years

Bob Paroli (Benson, Jacksonville, Fike, Burlington Cummings, Douglas Byrd, Seventy-First) 403- 206-13 in 55 years

Tom Brown (Bunker Hill, Maiden) 352-132-7 in 39 years

B.W. Holt (Rocky Mount, West Montgomery, Tennessee High (VA), Starmount, Franklin, Southwestern Randolph), 321-113-2 in 39 years (includes 2008)

SAME SCHOOL WINS:
330, Tom Brown in 35 years at Maiden
273, Frank Barger (Hickory) 273-120-5 in 1 year at Mineral Springs, 31 at Hickory)
254, E.Z. Smith (Concord) 254-100-1 in 29 years at Concord, 1980-2008)
245, Thell Overman (Wallace and Wallace-Rose Hill), 245-66-6 in 30 years

STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS: 11,Bob Colvin (Robbinsville)

What is this? An oldest coach's poll?

Winning percentage is the only correct gauge of how good a coach is, not how long he's been alive.

What are the records for Bobby Poss and Tommy Knotts in North Carolina football? I realize Knotts is still active in South Carolina.

What are the records for Bobby Poss and Tommy Knotts in North Carolina football? I realize Knotts is still active in South Carolina.

ok run with it then
Everyone else hasnt questioned this thread...

Strange huh!
I'll be honest with you...I don't think most posters on this board read your threads.

As far as running with it goes, that actually sounds like a fun project, but it also sounds like it take a ton of time and research, so I doubt it gets done if it hasn't already.

Allen Brown 331-100-2

Brown coached at Thomasville and became a legend in North Carolina from the 3A to the 1A ranks. Had as good a winning percentage as just about anyone. Was head coach for four state champions and defensive coordinator for three, when his son Benji Brown coached for a few years before Allen took back over.

Mister, or as some refer to him, Maestro Johnny Roscoe, current Northern Guilford coach, nineteen and seventy one graduate of Guilford College , founding member and former President of the South Carolina Coach's Association, member of this Hall of Fame and that Hall of Fame, has captured three State Championships in South Carolina, and four since he's been up in here, up in here meaning North Carolina. As far as his winning percentage slash won loss record, he's won quite a few and ain't never lost that many.
P.S. As far as the otherwise intelligent gentleman from Charlotte sayin' that Governor Purnell's threads ain't bein' read, hell I've learned more from his intelligent at a high level of intelligence threads than I did for four years at the Harvard School Of Brain Surgery, located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

What is this? An oldest coach's poll?

Winning percentage is the only correct gauge of how good a coach is, not how long he's been alive.

New coach, wins first game, greatest coach ever??? 1.000 winning percentage.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT