ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro vs Southeast Halifax

THSRudeBoyz

Jun 12, 2019
Tarboro & SHHS will meet in the 3rd round of the state playoffs! Both teams will be prepared & ready to go. Hoping for a good clean game for both teams! Tarboro for me by 21

Reactions: curtiscummings1
I’m taking Tarboro by 35. Southeast is much improved from the previous 2 years, but the Vikings are playing great defense and the offense is always there for the most part.

Southeast has tons of playmakers and athletes. Again, our Vikings can’t sleep walk through this one. One missed assignment and they’ll take one to the house. With that said, I have confidence that our coaches will have the boys ready to play. Vikings by at least three scores.

Southeast has tons of playmakers and athletes. Again, our Vikings can’t sleep walk through this one. One missed assignment and they’ll take one to the house. With that said, I have confidence that our coaches will have the boys ready to play. Vikings by at least three scores.
This seems like a lot of coach speak. I actually watched SE Halifax play Wilson Prep a couple of weeks ago. They piled 110 total yards of offense for the game. They spent the better part of the first half running up the middle and gaining absolutely nothing. They turned the ball over 4 times. I think we all know if they try to run up the middle for 2 quarters, the Vikings will be up by at minimum 28 points by halftime. They may have some athletes, but if you can’t get 11 guys moving the same direction, you won’t go far.

Or even the gas money to ride over from Scotland Neck.
True. I would go watch Tarboro if SW was on the road, but the game is over after the first quarter. It's got to be frustrating, even for the purple and canary yellow faithful to get only one or two decent games a year. And by decent I mean two possessions.

Watched the North Duplin/SE Halifax game on NFHS. SE Halifax is much like Northampton, but with an option offense. THS needs to simply contain the QB, keep him from getting the edge on those option plays and it could be another shut out. Definitely a running clock early 3rdQ or late 2ndQ. Another 40 plus night for THS and another 7 or less for the other guys. Let me add they will give you different looks and they will throw the ball, they are not solely looking to run option after option, but that is the base and if you can get them behind the sticks, it will be a very long night for them...THS should have plenty TFLs in this one.

Last edited:
Anyone heard anything about possibly moving up yet? I’ve seen a few more have done it, didn’t know if you guys have heard anything on our end. I guess that call would need to be made soon since it’s Wednesday

I think that call has to be made by Tues in order for visiting team to prepare

Anyone heard anything about possibly moving up yet? I’ve seen a few more have done it, didn’t know if you guys have heard anything on our end. I guess that call would need to be made soon since it’s Wednesday
It is in the works right now. SE does not want to play tomorrow.

Can you not play in the rain anymore?
Only when you ain’t got sense enough to get out of it 🤷‍♂️

I do agree with your sentiment however. Gate money lost to broadcast of games I think is biggest factor

The SE fans are talking a lot of junk on Facebook about Tarboro trying to move the game to Thursday

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT