ADVERTISEMENT

Stack steps down at rosman

Welcomed change from the overwhelming majority of parents that have sons that play for Rosman. In fact, it was highly unlikely Rosman was going to have enough players to put a team together next year.
If Rosman wants to truly turn the program around they know who they have to go after. You truly want the communities support, a coach with the highest amount of integrity, truly love the kids, and that will teach the kids to love the game..........ITS TIME TO BRING BRETT BACK TO ROSMAN!
This is one of the stupidest post I’ve ever read. Rosman numbers were going to be up this year. I’m sure they were parents not happy. Find me any program not just football that some parents aren’t happy with the coach. As far as Brett ever coming back is another wing dinger. Your name should be Nit Wit !!!

Funny, my kid never comes off the field. Clearly the ones taking defense are the ones that have been snowed. Has absolutely nothing to do with being a starter or anything elementary.

1. No BS, if there was going to be a team, it would be with minimal players and moving JV’s up.
2. And yes, they did have the players to do something with. Coach Fox, Chapman, Dusty Robinson, Essenburg, Weldon Whitmire, and Whitman all could have done something with the group that was there the past two years.
This is not true. There were actually some kids coming out that haven't played in a long time, for this upcoming season. Numbers are down period, from jvs to youth league. Plus we have no new jobs coming to this area so no new kids coming in.Now days kids just don't want to play. They don't want to put in the work. Weight room work, practice, film room the list goes on and on. I think with the athletes that Coach Stack had we did the best we could have. You can't compete in SMC with 4-5 great athletes. That is all Rosman has had past 2 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crimson jacket 1991
This is one of the stupidest post I’ve ever read. Rosman numbers were going to be up this year. I’m sure they were parents not happy. Find me any program not just football that some parents aren’t happy with the coach. As far as Brett ever coming back is another wing dinger. Your name should be Nit Wit !!!
Off topic but I really thought I read Nit Wit, when I read this member's first post.I had to put my reading glasses on to make sure. Had myself a good chuckle.

Reactions: tigereyes27
I'm waiting...(I see you've been viewing the thread but, no longer posting) I would like to break down the Hudl video tomorrow while watching the Masters. Maybe, I could help: pre-snap alignment, S.A.A., read keys, block recognition, first step, pad level, hand useage, leverage, ect. All I need is his jersey number.

Just a outsiders observation, I just don’t see that Stack did the program or the kids any favors. I think he figured it out, that brand of football just don’t work in the SMC . I’m sure he did good things with the facilities and still a little confused about “ changing the culture “ but at the end of the day Rosman won 5 games in two years and we’re 4 months from the first game and the Tigers are without a coach. No disrespect intended but that sounds like the kind of progress and favor Kiffen did for Tennessee. Blast me if you feel it necessary but like I said an outsiders take on things. Go knights

Just a outsiders observation, I just don’t see that Stack did the program or the kids any favors. I think he figured it out, that brand of football just don’t work in the SMC . I’m sure he did good things with the facilities and still a little confused about “ changing the culture “ but at the end of the day Rosman won 5 games in two years and we’re 4 months from the first game and the Tigers are without a coach. No disrespect intended but that sounds like the kind of progress and favor Kiffen did for Tennessee. Blast me if you feel it necessary but like I said an outsiders take on things. Go knights

I will add another outsiders take. The offense had the capability to score quickly, but did often leave the defense on the field for long periods of time. The defense seemed to struggle all year. Overall, the team seemed less physical than previous Tiger teams. Possible this is due to the style of play. They may of been just as physical but it didn’t seem to be the same identity that Rosman had played under for years. For years the mantra for the SMC, Rosman included, was you may beat us but you better strap it up.

On a side note, muchado why did you want to evaluate that player? The tone of your post seems to want to find fault in his play? Why? Would the positives he displays not validate Coach Stack and his staff. And the faults be an indicator of failure On their part? After all, are coaches not responsible for their team?

As big oak said, feel free to slam away.

I will add another outsiders take. The offense had the capability to score quickly, but did often leave the defense on the field for long periods of time. The defense seemed to struggle all year. Overall, the team seemed less physical than previous Tiger teams. Possible this is due to the style of play. They may of been just as physical but it didn’t seem to be the same identity that Rosman had played under for years. For years the mantra for the SMC, Rosman included, was you may beat us but you better strap it up.

On a side note, muchado why did you want to evaluate that player? The tone of your post seems to want to find fault in his play? Why? Would the positives he displays not validate Coach Stack and his staff. And the faults be an indicator of failure On their part? After all, are coaches not responsible for their team?

As big oak said, feel free to slam away.
To be honest I don't. What I wanted was for him to quit bashing my friend coach Stack. To do so, he walked himself into a lie about his kid. If, he is that disgruntled as a parent it's not because your kid "never leaves the field." I've been doing this long enough to know that you can never make everyone happy but, to hide behind a screen name and bash a coach I just don't care for.

Muchadoaboutnothin I’m not hiding behind anything. I have let it be known exactly how I feel. I didn’t bash, you are sensitive ( maybe your the one hiding behind a screen name).
If you’re any kind of man you know why I don’t put my sons info out there.
Let it be known that I am not one of “those” parents that is pissed cause of playing time.
If I were the bashing kind I could put it all out there but I’m not. Just maintaining that this change is a good thing for Rosman.

Just read in the paper that Coach Essenberg was taking the Defense. Any truth to that?

Just read in the paper that Coach Essenberg was taking the Defense. Any truth to that?
Don't you find it strange to hire defense coach before head? Maybe I am wrong thou. Could be wrong in the paper, also. I like Dan, I hope it works out.

I would be surprised if it's not Coach Essenburg or Pursley if they apply. I think either one would do well.

Good luck!

Pursley was the guy from Carson Newman that went to East? He loves the triple option I hear.

Hhhmmm sounds interesting we definitely have has some success with that. Why do you think he would be interested in leaving East for Rosman? Why would he have left CN for East? Just wandering.

I thought for sure they would have hired someone (interm/otherwise) over Spring Break. The clock is ticking. Any news on finalist or if they narrowed the search?

1. No BS, if there was going to be a team, it would be with minimal players and moving JV’s up.
2. And yes, they did have the players to do something with. Coach Fox, Chapman, Dusty Robinson, Essenburg, Weldon Whitmire, and Whitman all could have done something with ,the group that was there the past two years.

With all due respect, you just named all local people. Thereby, your excitement for Coach Stack leaving, clearly has everything to do with the fact that you, along with the "majority of the parents" are not very welcoming to outsiders. From the very beginning of his arrival there have been plenty of negative comments in the stands (and in the community) and it all seemed to stem around the fact that he was not from this area.

Coach Stack worked tirelessly to do things that he felt was right for the program and especially for the kids. So instead of specifically creating an account to come on here to speak negatively about the man, just wish him well, send him on his way, and hope that the administration hires whoever you deem worthy.

The read option passing game is just not SMC football. We could probable pull it of with all the athletes we have but nobody else in the conference could.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
With all due respect, you just named all local people. Thereby, your excitement for Coach Stack leaving, clearly has everything to do with the fact that you, along with the "majority of the parents" are not very welcoming to outsiders. From the very beginning of his arrival there have been plenty of negative comments in the stands (and in the community) and it all seemed to stem around the fact that he was not from this area.

Coach Stack worked tirelessly to do things that he felt was right for the program and especially for the kids. So instead of specifically creating an account to come on here to speak negatively about the man, just wish him well, send him on his way, and hope that the administration hires whoever you deem worthy.

I'm calling BS.....Rosman has always been a welcoming place for any coach that has chose to coach here, and Stack was welcomed by many when he arrived including me, but some of the changes that he made did rub some people in the community the wrong way....He did a lot of work to clean up the facilities, but he did NOT energize the student body at Rosman....Otherwise, Rosman would not be in the situation that they are now with so few kids wanting to participate in football....All those guys that you mentioned were part of a culture at Rosman, and that culture was hard-nosed football where teams knew at the end of the game that they had played a team that would smack you in the mouth, and play to the final whilstle...

SMC football requires your team to play a physical style of play, or it will be hard for your team to compete, and I don't have to be a Coach to know that because I've seen what happens when Rosman plays that style, and when they don't...

I've watched enough Rosman Football over the past 50 years to know what works here, and what don't, and an offense like the one that Stack and Brian Bailey ran, does not work when you don't have the personnel to run that offense, and Rosman has for the most part never had the type of atheletes to run a spread attack because a lot of the kids have to play both ways because of the lack of bodies that a lot of teams at the 1A level have to play with, and Rosman has never been blessed with blazing speed or a mobile QB with the exception of a few seasons.....

If I had one criticism of previous coaching staffs at Rosman, is that they did not use the TE enough in their passing schemes, but Whitman, Fox, Essenburg, Griffin, Cecil, Manuel, Powell and Cathey placed a big emphasis on running the football, controlling the clock and playing some tough hard nosed defense, and all of those coaches were able to succeed at times by using that methodology...

You corrected me earlier in this thread, so I am going to correct you!

Good luck to Stack in S.C. where I'm sure he will have the atheletes to run whatever system that Caleb King wants him to run...

Back to the Rosman coaching search!

Roar Tigers Roar!

Last edited:
Reactions: ToxawayTiger
The problem is kids today don't want to play anymore. I hear them say football is tough. Why should we practice everyday. Why do we need to practice in the summer? They did not want to hit the weight room as hard as Coaches say. This started with Freddie's last year and we struggled with running the veer and played terrible defense, that is not a knock at Fredie, I'm telling you Rosman has entered an era of sports where kids feel that things should be handed to them that hard work is not necessary. You can't have 4 or 5 that go all out everyday and win on fridays. Parents are the other problem the ones complaining the loudest, I guarantee their kids are not working like they are telling mom and dad. So the new Coach will have to change that mentality in the kids at Rosman. I wish him luck and hope he is successful.

The problem is kids today don't want to play anymore. I hear them say football is tough. Why should we practice everyday. Why do we need to practice in the summer? They did not want to hit the weight room as hard as Coaches say. This started with Freddie's last year and we struggled with running the veer and played terrible defense, that is not a knock at Fredie, I'm telling you Rosman has entered an era of sports where kids feel that things should be handed to them that hard work is not necessary. You can't have 4 or 5 that go all out everyday and win on fridays. Parents are the other problem the ones complaining the loudest, I guarantee their kids are not working like they are telling mom and dad. So the new Coach will have to change that mentality in the kids at Rosman. I wish him luck and hope he is successful.
Not just happening in Rosman it is a plague running rampant in a lot of schools!

Totally agree with what you said and they are a FEW that are willing to do what it takes to play that way here at Rosman. Even 3 years ago with all those seniors I thought we only had about 4 off that team that was as physical as the ones that were there way back when. You just don’t get a whole team of those kids anymore around here and I personally think playing physical has to come from within the young man.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDen2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT