ADVERTISEMENT

SMAC Predictions

Bring on the fun bus SeaDog. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm missing that big lug Rulz. Crest91 I'm not missing you but I am missing looking at your little girlfriends himey. Tell her to wear those white shorts again and I will creep her at the game. Damn LA is giving English lessons and is from Shelby High? What's next down in Shelby, a virgin past 13? Marrying age I think you Clevelandtonians call it. It's been a long wait for football, and a longer wait for Cleveland guys to get laid (Minus the cow backing up to the fence).

Yes, that most wonderful time is drawing near. Seadog will make an appearance in Shelby on September 1st with the fun bus. I look forward to seeing those Shelby clowns and raining a Red Raider pox upon them! In the meantime, I will follow my daily routine. Wakeup and take a Charger, shower off nasty Lions, brush and spit out Mountaineers, say a little prayer out of sympathy for the Bulldogs, and then put on my Red Raider suit and save the world!!!

Seadog now you have really done it.Soon 98 will bring out our academic record vs South Point academic records over the last 80 years.When will you learn.

He doesn't want to go there. Shelby's academic history is one of the best in the state....several Morehead and Park Scholars. Lots of doctors and lawyers. Pretty sure South Point's record there would look about like it does in football against the mighty Golden Lions.

Reactions: SHS LION
He doesn't want to go there. Shelby's academic history is one of the best in the state....several Morehead and Park Scholars. Lots of doctors and lawyers. Pretty sure South Point's record there would look about like it does in football against the mighty Golden Lions.

Oh yes I'll go there! ! 70% of your starters couldn't spell lion unless you spotted them the l, i, and o!

Reactions: Old_Paw_Prints
Oh yes I'll go there! ! 70% of your starters couldn't spell lion unless you spotted them the l, i, and o!
You're just stereotyping a team w/ a bunch of "brothas" as usual. I would suspect that would apply to a couple of kids, but that's at every school. Didn't one of your best players on last season's team miss his junior year due to academics? Like I said, you have a couple on every team at every school.

Just know that whenever you hear "Malik Sarratt" over these next two years, you will know, National Beta Club and 4.2 gpa. I'm not one to ever brag about individual success, but this is something that I will brag about.

Last edited:
You're just stereotyping a team w/ a bunch of "brothas" as usual. I would suspect that would apply to a couple of kids, but that's at every school. Didn't one of your best players on last season's team miss his junior year due to academics? Like I said, you have a couple on every team at every school.

Just know that whenever you hear "Malik Sarratt" over these next two years, you know, National Beta Club, 4.2 gpa. I'm not one to ever brag about individual success, but this is something that I will brag about.

LA, you're joking right? Hey, it's me! Stop watching so much TV! You are becoming a stepford brother. BTW JK SMH! Lions suck!

#HighSchoolFootballMatters <- Take that how it is meant to be taken and don't go whiney ass on me about sensitivity. This sport doesn't know color, political corruption or any of the other crap. Brothers battle Brothers and you move on with respect.
That is a great post bomb dropper. Friday nights are colorblind my friend .

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
#HighSchoolFootballMatters <- Take that how it is meant to be taken and don't go whiney ass on me about sensitivity. This sport doesn't know color, political corruption or any of the other crap. Brothers battle Brothers and you move on with respect.
Yeah, I get all of that, and I agree, however, your post applies to the actual games on Fridays nights, the actual event, but whenever I get on this board and see Shelby constantly referred to as thugs, gangsters, and their intelligence insulted, that has everything to do w/ color, not just Shelby, but teams similar to Shelby, teams/schools who draw many of their players from the inner city and who are predominantly Black, you see this bs spewed about them. Rednecks turn a blind eye to it, try to reverse shit, and dismiss me as a whiny ass Black person.

I have a relationship with some of these kids and know many of them, and I can tell you that some of them are bonafide student athletes, not that Pool Management 101 shit, legitimate honor students with honor classes I have a son on the team, who not only plays football, but baseball, and basketball, too, but still finds the time to make academics his first priority. The kid busts his behind on and off the field/court, so whenever I read some of this crap, you're damn right I often times get offended. I'm one to chalk it up as some people are whomever he or she is, either get off the board or live with it, but when you're constantly seeing these references, it gets annoying sometime, has nothing to do with your post, brother.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHS-TheDynasty
Yeah, I get all of that, and I agree, however, your post applies to the actual games on Fridays nights, the actual event, but whenever I get on this board and see Shelby constantly referred to as thugs, gangsters, and their intelligence insulted, that has everything to do w/ color, not just Shelby, but teams similar to Shelby, teams/schools who draw many of their players from the inner city and who are predominantly Black, you see this bs spewed about them. Rednecks turn a blind eye to it, try to reverse shit, and dismiss me as a whiny ass Black person.

I have a relationship with some of these kids and know many of them, and I can tell you that some of them are bonafide student athletes, not that Pool Manage 101 shit, legitimate honor students with honor classes I have a son on the team, who not only plays football, but baseball, and basketball, too, but still finds the time to make academics his first priority. The kid busts his behind on and off the field/court, so whenever I read some of this crap, you're damn right I often times get offended. I'm one to chalk it up as some people are whomever he or she is, either get off the board or live with it, but when you're constantly seeing these references, it gets annoying sometime, has nothing to do with your post, brother.

LA, I sure hope that you know I'm kidding. Last year I got pissed about a dumb ass fan of yours (not on this board to my knowledge ). We have our share of those ourselves.

As far as the kids who play the game, I'm a fan of everyone of them regardless of team they play for. The back and forth can be fun, but hopefully understood by the kids as fans picking on each other.

Much respect for those who play the game. Best of luck to your son and the Shelby Lions!

I have a relationship with some of these kids and know many of them, and I can tell you that some of them are bonafide student athletes, not that Pool Manage 101 shit, legitimate honor students with honor classes I have a son on the team, who not only plays football, but baseball, and basketball, too, but still finds the time to make academics his first priority. The kid busts his behind on and off the field/court, so whenever I read some of this crap, you're damn right I often times get offended. I'm one to chalk it up as some people are whomever he or she is, either get off the board or live with it, but when you're constantly seeing these references, it gets annoying sometime, has nothing to do with your post, brother.

Several years ago burns played a mountain team of all whites in the playoffs and they were the biggest bunch of thugs i have ever seen.

Hey Lion Attack, who are some of the receivers that have stood out besides Borders? Any young guys from the JV you see contributing?

Hey Lion Attack, who are some of the receivers that have stood out besides Borders? Any young guys from the JV you see contributing?
Darius Fuller, Truck, Isiah Etchison are looking great. Truck out in space is bad news for defenders. Maleek McMullens and Jhalan Cannon are looking good, too. I honestly don't expect any drop off, offensively, despite losing dynamic athletes in Camp and Wright. I won't make it to this Powerade 7on 7 due to having to work this weekend, but Shelby tore it up today in Charlotte.

The JV has a quartet of Deuce Eaves, Nick Corry, MJ Allen, and Fabian Pettis who can evolve into a special group and contribute to the varsity. They're very fast. Pettis and Eaves are sophomores. Corry and Allen are freshmen.

Last edited:
Darius Fuller, Truck, Isiah Etchison are looking great. Truck out in space is bad news for defenders. Maleek McMullens and Jhalan Cannon are looking good, I honestly don't expect any drop off, offensively, despite losing dynamic athletes in Camp and Wright. I won't make it to this Powerade 7on 7 due to having to work this weekend, but Shelby tore it up today in Charlotte.

The JV has a quartet of Deuce Eaves, Nick Corry, MJ Allen, and Fabian Pettis who can evolve into a special group and contribute to the varsity. They're very fast. Pettis and Eaves are sophomores. Corry and Allen are freshmen.
Truck at receiver? You mean TE? Wouldn't want him to get a full gallop before the collision.

Darius Fuller, Truck, Isiah Etchison are looking great. Truck out in space is bad news for defenders. Maleek McMullens and Jhalan Cannon are looking good, I honestly don't expect any drop off, offensively, despite losing dynamic athletes in Camp and Wright. I won't make it to this Powerade 7on 7 due to having to work this weekend, but Shelby tore it up today in Charlotte.

Thanks for the info. Defense should be stout as well.

Last year of SMAC before realignment and this season should be the best yet. Crest, KM and Shelby all will be major players come playoff time. Burns has a new coach and a new attitude. East Burke came on strong last year in the 2A brackets.
Katie bar the door. Gonna be a great high school season in the SMAC.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Whats your prediction justafan ?
What are my predictions you assed? <- I meant to spell that wrong so you laugh about me typing ass in the word asked. It's somewhat hood you know. It's like saying skrate up when you mean straight up but when you spell it wrong you become quite the badass.
Anyways, since you assed me what I thought about the SMAC standings for this year I will break it down once again. Shelby finally wins one over Crest. No reason why but they are due. KM could be a sleeper and beat one of the two but not likely with the injury they had. Burns will shock one of the three. There is a new sheriff in town and he is doing great things. I was at the 7 on 7 at Cherrville (that is a redneck misspelling). Burns will do well. The rest of the conference, who really cares. DBD1 out playa playa!

Didnt see u there bomb dropper . Oh man poor cherrville . I like their coach. Has alot of fire and energy but he sure has a tall task ahead.

Reactions: Godevilsgo
Shelby: D will be stout, Offense is going to surprise some, despite losing Lee, and burners & dynamic playmakers in Camp and Wright, little to no drop off, offensively, in my opinion.

Crest: Another hellacious D, a great receiving corps, but in my opinion, they'd be better with Peeler at quarterback, was told by a Charger die hard that he has looked better than the new kid in the pre season, but will likely play receiver.

Kings Mountain: They will be a good team, but the lost of one of their best players is huge,

Burns: will surprise this season, they have a good receiving corps, return one of the best backs in the conference, a two year starter at quarterback. What about their defense, though?

East Rutherford: will be competitive lead by two talented sophomores.

East Burke: Coach Brown gets the best out of his players, they lost many key players, though, to graduation.

Chase: Bruce Squires is a heck of a player.

Draughn: Wildcats will be tamed.

RS Central: The Hilltoppers will fall flat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Shelby: D will be stout, Offense is going to surprise some, despite losing Lee, and burners & dynamic playmakers in Camp and Wright, little to no drop off, offensively, in my opinion.

Crest: Another hellacious D, a great receiving corps, but in my opinion, they'd be better with Peeler at quarterback, was told by a Charger die hard that he has looked better than the new kid in the pre season, but will likely play receiver.

Kings Mountain: They will be a good team, but the lost of one of their best players is huge,

Burns: will surprise this season, they have a good receiving corps, return one of the best backs in the conference. What about their defense, though?

East Burke: Coach Brown gets the best out of his players, they lost many key players, though, to graduation.

D line and backers will be fine. Need to develop some d backs with the loss of leslie and colburn but coach cog will figure it out .

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
I do hope Peeler gets a look at QB even if it is more wildcat type packages. WR group will be pretty stout without him joining.
I have also heard he has looked better this summer .Think about this kid ....went from being a starter in 10th grade to the bench and from all i have heard has handled it all with class. Many kids would have said f it and walked away. This young kid will his day but peeler deserves the start . I know how much u crust fans value my opinion . Haha .

Last edited:
Reactions: crestcharger02

Burns: will surprise this season, they have a good receiving corps, return one of the best backs in the conference, a two year starter a quarterback. What about their defense, though?

Terrible news about merchant . Blew out his knee playing bball. Incredible athlete who has battled injuries since middle school . Best of luck to him at Navy.

Hey you bunch of waterheads. its almost time for some football. My updates from Burns are good...QB throwing the ball well, backs looking good...we got a surprise coming at DLine...Barry Hopper catching everything so is Epps the tall kid. BUT ...one of the best athletes in the school, Galen Falls, was doing great at WR and safety and quit. Cmon now Burns coaches dont let him get away. I am still worried about our backers ...my granny could take them in the 40 and she died in 92. Oldschool and i can just think about the ones we had a few years back...how great they were. and I'm going to the be new Burns Twitters since the last guy booked for the land of red in West Lincoln. KM is going to underachieve and Crest is going down. Shelby looks pretty good.

Reactions: coondog8585
Hey you bunch of waterheads. its almost time for some football. My updates from Burns are good...QB throwing the ball well, backs looking good...we got a surprise coming at DLine...Barry Hopper catching everything so is Epps the tall kid. BUT ...one of the best athletes in the school, Galen Falls, was doing great at WR and safety and quit. Cmon now Burns coaches dont let him get away. I am still worried about our backers ...my granny could take them in the 40 and she died in 92. Oldschool and i can just think about the ones we had a few years back...how great they were. and I'm going to the be new Burns Twitters since the last guy booked for the land of red in West Lincoln. KM is going to underachieve and Crest is going down. Shelby looks pretty good.

1. It's BJ Hopper. Not Barry.
2. It's GABE Falls. Not Galen.
3. I'm not going anywhere. Take your tweeting elsewhere.

Im probably gonna get slammed for this by fellow charger fans but im very concerned about Our lack of depth at a few positions. Were stacked at wr, db, and Lb but we have to have some young guys step up in other areas if we are gonna repeat. But we have great coaches in place and i know they will have them ready.

Im probably gonna get slammed for this by fellow charger fans but im very concerned about Our lack of depth at a few positions. Were stacked at wr, db, and Lb but we have to have some young guys step up in other areas if we are gonna repeat. But we have great coaches in place and i know they will have them ready.

Anytime you have a successful program, it has to be about next man up. You don't want to be the guy that breaks tradition. I can tell you that my son is getting ready for middle school ball and he his already talking about being a Charger and wanting to play for a title. Looking forward to see who may be the next player that it all falls into place for.

Why would you get slammed? Yes, I think you are correct that there are concerns on the lines about depth and having young or inexperienced kids to step up.

Reasonable concerns to have.

Hey BellyNole, I don't know about you, but I'm ready to see Dalvin Cook running the ball and the FSU defense hitting the field.

GF I know we are in great shape at one of the LB spot. We have a returning 2 year starter that played right beside your son as a sophomore . He may be the most under rated player in the County. He benches 355 Hang cleans 370 and the coaches stop him at 515 on his squat . All that and he was timed at the shrine bowl combine at 4.78, not blazing but its not bad either. He played last year at 190lbs . He is now 5 11 215 and his forty time drop after gaining 25 lb of muscle . so yeah one spot i know will be fine.

I saw Lb in Polkville at new restaurant, i know his dad, i workout 3-4 days a week so i say yeah hes built kid.
Looked everybit 215, i bet he will be great player this year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT