ADVERTISEMENT

Simmons Ratings - Week 8

In Simmon’s poll strength of schedule have they considered who Clinton has defeated (decisively ) that was and has been highly ranked in this very poll vs who other ranked teams’s opponents
First off Clinton is ranked number one in the east. I will give you credit the Wallace win was impressive. But Whiteville lost to a 1A team ( that's not Tarboro) since then Princeton got beat by Richlands so there's that The rest are not very good. So have you ever thought Maybe just Maybe that Monroe team is at least maybe just as good as Clinton. And don't come back with me about ED because I think they are up there somewhere but might be ranked a little to high. See I can be honest about my team.

Last edited:
Oh no Brian

You better rewrite all you’re algorithms etc because the Wiz is always right and anyone that creates a poll that make Clinton 1st is always wrong

Matter of fact I guess you need to consider that basically Clinton is playing with 6-7 actual Clinton kids the rest are from some other school so you have to deduct points from Clinton and give to the other 5-7 schools

Clinton may be top 10 in 8 man football before it’s all said and done

Oh no Brian

You better rewrite all you’re algorithms etc because the Wiz is always right and anyone that creates a poll that make Clinton 1st is always wrong

Matter of fact I guess you need to consider that basically Clinton is playing with 6-7 actual Clinton kids the rest are from some other school so you have to deduct points from Clinton and give to the other 5-7 schools

Oh s$$$, no you didn’t

I would tell him where Brian attended high school but I just cant do it.

The ramifications would be life changing for him.

Reactions: EDPanther99
Oh no Brian

Shelby Lion, maybe you should research things a little more.I’m just looking at the documented facts
As far as who is playing at Clinton I believe I would be careful in your claims. You know people can be held liable for perpetuating lies. Just a little advice since facts don’t matter to you You know everything posted on here is documented wheather you delete it or not, so opinions are one thing , untruths are another.
Note I believe Shelby has a very long history of playing players that didn’t grow up there or at least that’s what your opponents say. I DONT KNOW, DON’T CARE but this ; may be an interesting example of the pot calling the kettle black. I do know who the DarkHorses play and this team has been three years in the making .You could see it when they were sophomores so get a little more knowlegable about what you’re talking about. Just because some people publish a poll doesn’t make it accurate. There’s not anything I’ve said that wasn’t true. I’d ask is there any other top 10 team today that beaten(demolished) 3 other top 10 teams at the time they played them? The answer to that question is no and I don’t need any algorithms to figure that out.

Last edited:
Shelby Lion, maybe you should research things a little more.I’m just looking at the documented facts
As far as who is playing at Clinton I believe I would be careful in your claims. You know people can be held liable for perpetuating lies. Just a little advice since facts don’t matter to you You know everything posted on here is documented wheather you delete it or not, so opinions are one thing , untruths are another.
Note I believe Shelby has a very long history of playing players that didn’t grow up there or at least that’s what your opponents say. I DONT KNOW, DON’T CARE but this ; may be an interesting example of the pot calling the kettle black. I do know who the DarkHorses play and this team has been three years in the making .You could see it when they were sophomores so get a little more knowlegable about what you’re talking about. Just because some people publish a poll doesn’t make it accurate. There’s not anything I’ve said that wasn’t true. I’d ask is there any other top 10 team today that beaten(demolished) 3 other top 10 teams at the time they played them? The answer to that question is no and I don’t need any algorithms to figure that out.

Clinton has my maybe 8 or 9 players from Clinton. Hence why the call it Clinton UUUU old man. Clinton UUUU wouldn't be top 50 with their own players we all know this. The hype train 🚂 was terrible for years until young grasshopper Corey started Clinton UUUU and pulling from every school he could lol. This is simple knowledge, and btw Clinton UUUU brags about it lol

First off Clinton is ranked number one in the east. I will give you credit the Wallace win was impressive. But Whiteville lost to a 1A team ( that's not Tarboro) since then Princeton got beat by Richlands so there's that The rest are not very good. So have you ever thought Maybe just Maybe that Monroe team is at least maybe just as good as Clinton. And don't come back with me about ED because I think they are up there somewhere but might be ranked a little to high. See I can be honest about my team.
And I’m being honest about the DarkHorses, there’s not anything I’ve said that’s not accurate, if people just want to hate they will

• Haha
Reactions: Swo1980
Clinton has my maybe 8 or 9 players from Clinton. Hence why the call it Clinton UUUU old man. Clinton UUUU wouldn't be top 50 with their own players we all know this. The hype train 🚂 was terrible for years until young grasshopper Corey started Clinton UUUU and pulling from every school he could lol. This is simple knowledge, and btw Clinton UUUU brags about it lol
All lies only 3 or 4 actually not from clinton nice try tho

• Haha
Some people making some outlandish claims (with no facts) on this thread that simply aren’t true but that’s what some people, even coaches (got video) do when they get their arse handed to them or even anticipate it they start making things up, just like the politicans do every day. Not much truth and honesty in todays world and people are not held accountable at all for what they say or do, A do what you want world, to hell with it
Say what you want do what you want
Play on the field will determine things

• Haha
And I’m being honest about the DarkHorses, there’s not anything I’ve said that’s not accurate, if people just want to hate they will

You say they have played this tough schedule, which is a lie. Say they have the same team since sophomores is a lie. Lol you guys at Clinton UUUU are so hilarious it's not even funny anymore.

Maybe this shines a little different light on things. Copied from: /http://simmonsratings.com/
"My name is Brian Simmons. I am originally from Kinston, NC and am a 1990 graduate of East Duplin High School"
It's a conspiracy!!!!! And Simmons is part of it. Better look who's in charge of Max preps and all the rest. They could be from Wallace, Shelby, Reidsville or maybe even Monroe. They have got Monroe ranked ahead of Clinton.

It's a conspiracy!!!!! And Simmons is part of it. Better look who's in charge of Max preps and all the rest. They could be from Wallace, Shelby, Reidsville or maybe even Monroe. They have got Monroe ranked ahead of Clinton.
Those are your word not mine. One can draw their own conclusions as well as figure out who some of the posters on here really are.

Just to clarify, Simmons is a computer ranking and not a "poll". Unless he changed the algorithm after the season started, or even before the season started to favor/disfavor any particular school(s) based on the 2023 schedule and a SWAG projection of how those games would play out once the season started, don't know how you could accuse the guy of rigging the system for a desired outcome. Just like Clemson was clearly the best team in the country by human polls for a few years and that was reflected in the championship playoff seedings, the various computer rankings that the NCAA selection committee had available were not "wrong" to show Alabama with a higher point value than Clemson based on their running the table in the SCC vs. Clemson in the ACC.
It's fairly easy for humans to rank 10-20 teams across 4 classifications based on results throughout the season (which is why Monroe and Clinton are legit #1 right now), but to sort over 400 as the Simmons system does would be impossible if you left it to some sort of human poll. Bottom line: I see it as as interesting data that by default will get more "accurate" as the season progresses; worth a read and discussion, but certainly not worthy of arguing over.

Just to clarify, Simmons is a computer ranking and not a "poll". Unless he changed the algorithm after the season started, or even before the season started to favor/disfavor any particular school(s) based on the 2023 schedule and a SWAG projection of how those games would play out once the season started, don't know how you could accuse the guy of rigging the system for a desired outcome. Just like Clemson was clearly the best team in the country by human polls for a few years and that was reflected in the championship playoff seedings, the various computer rankings that the NCAA selection committee had available were not "wrong" to show Alabama with a higher point value than Clemson based on their running the table in the SCC vs. Clemson in the ACC.
It's fairly easy for humans to rank 10-20 teams across 4 classifications based on results throughout the season (which is why Monroe and Clinton are legit #1 right now), but to sort over 400 as the Simmons system does would be impossible if you left it to some sort of human poll. Bottom line: I see it as as interesting data that by default will get more "accurate" as the season progresses; worth a read and discussion, but certainly not worthy of arguing over.
I’m not accusing anyone of anything. Those are your conclusions. I’m just sharing.the facts.there’s someone behind everything entered into a computer

• Haha
There’s not a lot of difference in Clinton’s schedule and ED’s. Probably ED’s best win right now is us at West Craven. Clinton’s best win would be WRH. Looking at our schedules I don’t see much difference between Us and WRH. We have both played a tough non conference schedule and came out the same way. The only difference I see is West Craven played 2 defending State Champs (well at the time NB was) . But I think the key is keep winning and it all takes care of itself. I think it’s wrong of you to insinuate Brian Simmons is not fair because he went to ED. He didn’t hide that. As you mention it’s on his site. I’ve known it for years. Never seen anyone hint at such a thing before. I compare what you are doing to what my dad does. Growing up I always heard old people in the family say our last name really should not be Morris because our 5th great grandfather was born a bastard. ( born out of wedlock) Genealogy has gotten so popular some of us decided to do it. I took the Y dna test to trace my male lineage. The only morris’ I am kin to are from Craven county and are all off of Laban Morris who is my 5th great grandfather. Before him my dna is full of Ledbetter and Halls. I show my dad the results and his reply is that is just numbers on a piece of paper. Don’t mean chit. I’m like dad they put people to death over dna results. Same argument.

Ottis, I’m not isuiating anything, just reposting facts, people are drawing their own conclusions some feeling the need to defend Simmons. Like everything it’s just a matter of opinion, but it’s not hard to figure out who is who on these boards and their agenda. I just try to make the point Clinton at the time they played them faced a pretty tough ranked non-conference schedule. Apparently due to alogrhthms that makes no difference today. That being said and I’ve felt all season West Craven may be the very best 4-3 teams in the state and will give some playoff teams fits a month from now Not sucking up to ya just looking at the schedule and performance

Last edited:
  • Haha
Ottis, I’m not isuiating anything, just reposting facts, people are drawing their own conclusions some feeling the need to defend Simmons. Like everything it’s just a matter of opinion, but it’s not hard to figure out who is who on these boards and their agenda. I just try to make the point Clinton at the time they played them faced a pretty tough ranked non-conference schedule. Apparently due to alogrhthms that makes no difference today. That being said and I’ve felt all season West Craven may be the very best 4-3 teams in the state and will give some playoff teams fits a month from now Nit sucking up to ya just looking at the schedule and performance
I don’t think any of us are drawing any conclusions about Brian. I’ve never seen anyone question his ethics. You brought up and posted the link to his biography on his webpage. He has been doing this a long time and I feel confident in saying he has never shown any bias towards ED. If he had graduated from Clinton would you have done that search and posted the link to his biography?? Certainly not. Give the guy a break. I’m thankful he does what he is doing.
West Craven is playing well. Our defense played as well Friday as they have maybe all year. We lost by 2 scores to ED so I’m not going to say we are ready to challenge Clinton or ED. The winner of the ED- WRH game will tell us a lot. I think we are a better match to the winner of that game than we are to Clinton. Clinton’s size is going to be tough for anyone in the East. But there is also SWE in our conference that is playing well and I believe they will win out and we play them at their place to wrap conference play up and I’m certainly not looking past them or any of the conference teams we still have to play. We just have to take care of our business and get to the playoffs and see how we fit in. That tough conf schedule is going to hurt our seeding. I wish we would drop one of our tough games non conf and play someone closer to us in size. Every way I look at that it would be New Bern. I do not want to stop playing Havelock.

Ottis, it makes no sense that my merely posting what Simmons site indicates I think he’s biased . Have I ever said that? No I have been critical of his data.. You can simply look at strength of schedule between Clinton and ED. How many teams has ED played that was in Simmons top 10 at the time they played them? None. Clinton —3 teams. That just doesn’t figure to me. I m not saying it’s unethical I just don’t agree with what I think should be obvious , I think West Craven schedule is much tougher and your conference top to bottom is more competitive than any conference in the East. Just an opinion and like Simmons, Max Prep , you, me or anyone else, has one

Ottis, it makes no sense that my merely posting what Simmons site indicates I think he’s biased . Have I ever said that? No I have been critical of his data.. You can simply look at strength of schedule between Clinton and ED. How many teams has ED played that was in Simmons top 10 at the time they played them? None. Clinton —3 teams. That just doesn’t figure to me. I m not saying it’s unethical I just don’t agree with what I think should be obvious , I think West Craven schedule is much tougher and your conference top to bottom is more competitive than any conference in the East. Just an opinion and like Simmons, Max Prep , you, me or anyone else, has one
The SOS takes into account ALL the teams on a schedule and their power during the week corresponding with the week the SOS come out. If team A played team B in week two, and team B was ranked #5, that's good for team A's SOS at that time. But if team B just falls off the face of the earth by week 7, then team A's SOS gets worse in week 7. Even the teams that team A has yet to play factor into their SOS. It's not just about the opponent's strength at the time they played. The numbers show that all the teams on ED's schedule NOW, are rated better than the teams on Clinton's schedule right now. It reflects a team's strength of entire schedule during that week, not a team's strength of played schedule.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
The SOS takes into account ALL the teams on a schedule and their power during the week corresponding with the week the SOS come out. If team A played team B in week two, and team B was ranked #5, that's good for team A's SOS at that time. But if team B just falls off the face of the earth by week 7, then team A's SOS gets worse in week 7. Even the teams that team A has yet to play factor into their SOS. It's not just about the opponent's strength at the time they played. The numbers show that all the teams on ED's schedule NOW, are rated better than the teams on Clinton's schedule right now. It reflects a team's strength of entire schedule during that week, not a team's strength of played schedule.
Please stop he refuses to understand. Head meet wall!!

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT