ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby Wr/Athlete #15 Antwan Wright

Lion Attack

Aug 15, 2010
After missing his junior year due to disciplanary problems, he officially returns for his senior year. Hopefully, he takes full advantage of this opportunity, and treats donning that Black & Gold uniform like the privilege that it is and most importantly, makes being a student athlete his top priority.

This young man never hid his emotions of missing his junior compaign. Obviously, he has to keep his nose clean and get back into playing shape. He, along with fellow explosive athlete Jayden Borders, will form one of the scariest tandoms in the state as receivers and return men. Things will be interesting in Lion Country this 2015 season.

Last edited:
Yeah....I heard this earlier in the week! Only way we don't 3-peat is if we beat ourselves. Pretty excited about this season. Could be a repeat of the 2006 season! What is the qb situation? It's nice having options! Sad thing for our opponents....the talent won't stop flowing for many years...the '16 and '17 seasons could be some of the best teams we have ever had.

A lot to replace with the losses of Huskey,Houston,Addison,George,and Reid.That is five studs.I believe it could be one of those years where we drop some early and get better as we go.Also I wonder how the kicking game is going to be with the loss of a great kicker in Wright.Way to early to talk about 3 peating.Also talked to a in the know Crest fan and he said this would be by far the best Charger team in history.

Wright is a great talent. Hope he makes the best of it. Crest/Shelby could be bigger than last year. Gonna be another fun year of football in Cleveland County.

Way to early to talk about 3 peating.Also talked to a in the know Crest fan and he said this would be by far the best Charger team in history.

We are Shelby....it's never too early!

But I thought last years team was supposed to be the best ever?!?! I heard someone say their defense is supposed to be better this year than last. I also talked to a middle school coach and they said that the well is kinda drying up over there. That this could be the last really good team for a while. No. 3 no longer dominates the elementary ranks and the talent is running thin there and it used to be the main talent pool for Crest. I hope not! Love the rivalry.

I would not bet on that with their JV going 9 and 1 and their middle school losing just 1 and that was the championship against Shelby.

No. 3 district has a lot of kids that play at the park . The booster club had to get straightened out ! The Midget team (5th and 6th grade) only had about 13 come out last yr. The kids or at the park.

Is camp from east Rutherford at Shelby now ? Anybody seen davlry?

Yeah, Calvin Camp is at Shelby now, he attended his first practice yesterday. With Camp, Wright, Borders, Shell, and Brooks, Shelby is definitely the most explosive team in the county and one of the most explosive teams in the state, period, regardless of classification. These young men are some flat out burners. Shelby will field one of its fastest teams in years.

Last edited:
Wow. That is unreal . I actually thought he was a senior last year .

Not trying to make fun lion cause u r a good poster but seriously .....How are all those players gonna stay happy? Somebody is gonna feel they ain't getting the ball enough . I Mean camp was a one man team at east . He did it all for the cavs.

I have thought about this and completely agree with you, Lawn12Dawg. There are some big personalities and egos in Borders, Wright, and Camp.

Borders is coming off a record setting season, which saw him produce 88 catches and 1183 yards. He was spoiled with getting the ball so much last season and is going to want the ball this season.

Wright is one year removed from Football. He's a dynamic athlete who is simply going to want to show out. He has a big following, a lot of supporters.

Camp was the man at East. He's going to feel some sense of entitlement, but at Shelby, he's going to find other athletes that are as good as him or even better. His reaction is going to be interesting.

Last edited:
I look for Camp to add depth at running back with Brooks the only experience returning.Borders and Wright will be fine together just like Wright was with Ralph Jolley who had a big senior year.

We're going to see Camp at running back, slot, and corner, where he can be special. He's fast and shifty. At db, he has good hips and footwork. He's an athlete. Shelby has an abundance of breakaway threats this year. In my opinion, our primary concern will be D line.

We're going to see Camp at running back, slot, and corner, where he can be special. He's fast and shifty. At db, he has good hips and footwork. He's an athlete. Shelby has an abundance of breakaway threats this year. In my opinion, our primary concern will be D line.

D line is a concern but Borders #55 is back and I think M Carson will be a player. What ya know about Chad Reid's brother?

Another burner and athlete. I haven't seen Chavius Reid out there though, but practice isn't mandatory until August 1st. Man, seriously! We're going to have our fastest team in years.

There is no doubt this team can be explosive. No team will be able to cheat over and double team any of these receivers.

Sure would like to see some hudl highlights of Sarratt. Didn't make it to any JV games last year. SHS Lion said he's a player.

Sarratt has some upside.
Crestuff, being the proud parent that he is just like the rest of us, blew my cover on Sarratt. Now, whenever and in the event that he's ever fortunate enough to become the quarterback, I will have to boo him, along with everyone else whenever he messes up, and demand that he's taking out the game, or risk getting beat up by the rough Shelby crowd. Fans are hell on quarterbacks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Yeah, I remember your son. Played center, if I am not mistaken. Tough kid, inspite of being undersized, he held his own.

My advice to any qb dad to sit quietly on the visitors side. It's just unreal the things people yell at the qb....hero or the goat . Prepare for bubba, with his two teeth to yell "you suck".....many many times .

No doubt, Lawn12Dawg, I have already made that determination when and if that day comes.

Last edited:
Good move . And it don't stop with the game either. 40 and 50 year olds were posting negative things about our qb last year ....I Mean here was a 15 year old kid who had not played qb since 8th grade and some idiots who have never touched a ball thought he should be Peyton Manning from the first snap. Preps was good cause folks here know football but deactivate Facebook ....lol.....and best wishes to your son.

After watching the 7 on 7s yesterday I think Surratt has a great chance to be the qb week 1

Lion Attack i didnt see your son yesterday he wasnt there was he..heard he was at bb camp....

This is exciting reading these comments. Sounds like this years team is going to be fun to watch! So Attack, has your son been at any 7 on 7s yet?

Yeah dodnt think i saw him....i thought we looked really good against Polk..we settled down..not bad against Gaffney just lot of balls dropped...We always look sloppy at 1st and come on late...were going be dangerous on offense. ..may have to out score some good teams...not sure how D will be...But agree we will be fast.

98, he participated in the Cam Newton 7 on 7 in limited action, actually was quarterback in one full game in which they won. I was told that he looked good in what little action he got.

I've made a few of the spring/summer practices. It's been a good and entertaining quarterback competition. Both quarterbacks have looked good, but that's obviously in a T-shirt and a pair of shorts. Once they go full gear and have an actual pass rush coming at them, things will get interesting. It appears to be Lee's job to lose, but Sarratt is giving him all that he wants. He's competing hard!!! In all likelihood, he will be 8 quartered, though. But, it's early in the process, it all remains to be seen.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT