ADVERTISEMENT

Scores??

Well I've never pulled for ES except on few occasions cause I have family that played there but I will say we all know the Diamont "resigning" was handled poorly and I remember when I read about it was about the same time, maybe a couple months after Holder retired at MA. I don't know Lowman really, all I know is that he came from Bandys in Catawba and he's doing pretty good at coaching right now. For me I just can't say make accusations, whether they're true or not idk, about him. I remember when I played for MA I would never root for ES while I was playing cause that's just how it was when you're playing against a rival like ES. Even now as a spectator I still don't root for ES just cause I'm from Mount Airy. Nothing personal just rivalry. But it will be different with the new realignment taking effect this fall.

Who all is proud of Mount Airy's 6 senior team that shut down East Surry in the 1st 3rd & 4th Qtr. East Surry won a fair game and a win is a win any way they do it.
That win was legit it will get tougher for them in the fall only 6 seniors and real good underclassmen coming up I'll give them credit though they've had our number last few years but I think things are changing even though we won't be in same league

You just spreading nonsense like they are doing something wrong , All that ma money coming in there can buy big scoreboards and pull nfl players in to coach but just can’t handle those kids from the country .
Those scoreboards were bought by players and player's family's businesses from many years ago. The 1980s and maybe 1990s. As much money as in businesses in Pilot Mtn. they could do the same. It's just eating you up that a 6 senior and loaded Junor. & Sophomore team held ES to 17 points and only a 7 point win. Y'all were clamming a 40 to 49 point win. Got fooled, didn't you !

Reactions: realjoejr
Pine Lake Prep won the draw with Thomas Jefferson, so I think we're looking at this if East Surry's lead holds. Someone please correct me if I've missed something:

1AA
1 seeds
East Surry
North Stanly
Pine Lake Prep

2 seed
North Rowan

3 seed
Community School of Davidson

Wild cards
Mount Airy
North Moore
Polk County

1A
1 seeds
Elkin
Mitchell
Robbinsville

2 seeds
Murphy
Thomas Jefferson

Wild cards
Andrews
Christ The King
Winston-Salem Prep
I wonder if they had a drawing between four teams in the east. If Simmons predictions are correct there were room for two more wildcard teams out of four. .. Southside North Duplin, Hobbton and Lakewood.
But they all had conference records of 2-3

You just spreading nonsense like they are doing something wrong , All that ma money coming in there can buy big scoreboards and pull nfl players in to coach but just can’t handle those kids from the country .
Why does that scoreboard bother you that was funded by local sponsors it's nice to have a jumbotron I hear about all that money being spent in pilot to new uniforms in which thats none of our business like that scoreboard is to you that thing is going to keep up with all them points were going to put up on East in the fall

Why does the Scoreboard matter to you now? We've had I since 2017ish when we were beating y'all. What's the difference?

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Also, those rich folk in Pilot with that Pilot Mountain money are the reason Diamont isn't there anymore so what are you trying to get at here?

Won't know until the seeding brackets. They divide 1A and 1AA then the 1's will draw for seeding then the 2's then the 3's with wild cards. Then you have your match ups. Well I think while typing this you're probably right there's only 3 1's and 2 - 2's and 3- 3's or wild cards so I guess the wildcards will play the top 3 and that would leave to two 2's to play
CSD will be seeded with the wild cards per the NCHSAA procedure. So CSD could be seeded anywhere from 5 to 8. North Rowan should be 4, but they could play any of the other four teams.

In 1A, though, since the 2s get seeded together, I would expect Murphy-TJCA in the first round, with the draw deciding who is the home team.

Either way, once they get the placements (seeds), it only makes sense to set them up like a typical 8 team bracket. Which I believe is the only way to do it. My thoughts on that are only due probably to a misunderstanding on my part from a poster talking about a 2/2 matchup. I guess technically that would work out the same as the two two's he mentioned would naturally be the 4 & 5 anyway.
Robbinsville could end up with a 4 seed playing the 5 just as easy as they could have a 1 playing 8

Looks like Murphy playing TJ next week. The only question is where?
Yes sir. I dont want to count out the other opposition but if Elkin gets the #1 overall we could see a Murphy - Robbinsville/Mitchell western final.

Que isn’t going to like Murphy v Tj in the first round
Do you honestly think Que cares one way or another where teams are seeded? I think this will be a great first round matchup...two head coaches (Gentry and Cash) with well over 750 wins combined. Still think Mitchell and Robbinsville will decide the West (and 1A State champion) but these other games will be fun to watch with the smaller field (if you can get a ticket). Good luck to all the teams!

Yes sir. I dont want to count out the other opposition but if Elkin gets the #1 overall we could see a Murphy - Robbinsville/Mitchell western final.
????no matter who draws what this will be the outcome if all 3 teams keep winning..2 of those teams will be for Regional Championship..Murphy will definitely have the easiest route if Elkin draws 1 seed

Reactions: BK13T-$
Wonder how these “coin flips” take place. Who’s present, who flips the coin, who calls it, does the coin land on the ground or in the hand then flipped over, is a $.50 cent piece used or a trick quarter.........
nobody knows, they could have decided that PLP was going to be the 1 seed 2 weeks ago if it ended as a tie. I just dont understand why there cant be a AA and a A conference champ

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
Yes but how can that be possible if it's a random draw?
Once the 16 teams are determined in
each region (East/West), the NCHSAA
Staff will utilize this pre-determined draw
procedure to set the finalized bracket.
1. Draws for the line placement of
berths will occur in random order.
2. All #1 berths will be drawn first,
followed by #2 berths, followed by any
#3 berths and wildcard teams.
3. Whenever possible, competition
between conference opponents in the
1st round will be avoided. This may
require the removal of a line placement
draw possibility for a given team

"Whenever possible, competition between conference opponents in the 1st round will be avoided. This may require the removal of a line placement draw possibility for a given team."

So when it comes time for Andrews' draw, for example, they'll just remove the possibility of drawing the seed to face Robbinsville.

CSD will be seeded with the wild cards per the NCHSAA procedure. So CSD could be seeded anywhere from 5 to 8. North Rowan should be 4, but they could play any of the other four teams.

In 1A, though, since the 2s get seeded together, I would expect Murphy-TJCA in the first round, with the draw deciding who is the home team.
Wrong. CSD is a #3 because southern Piedmont gets 3 auto births for having 9 team conference. Therefore, they will be seeded at 5 after N Rowan at 4 and the 3 1’s above them. That’s a 4/5 matchup of N Rowan and CSD. It’s literally the only thing concrete right now in the playoff matchups.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT