ADVERTISEMENT

Sandhills 3A/4A outlook

DaMouthOfDaSouth

Aug 29, 2018
Richmond’s coach Till says he had 140 players in practice. Lots of young players and a new offensive scheme to implement. Good that interest and participation is trending up. Scots coach Bailey has stated that he had the most players since before COVID. Can these 2 teams be competition for Pinecrest? Or can Lee county sneak up on some teams? 🏈

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I see the Pat's as the frontrunners in the Hills Conference... but I think they could share the ship this year with either Scots or Raiders.
They aren't mediocre. Instead, they lack modesty, performance, and finished results given the conditions and weapons they bring to the stadium

I see the Pat's as the frontrunners in the Hills Conference... but I think they could share the ship this year with either Scots or Raiders.
They (Pinecrest/Scotland/Richmond) definitely compose the league’s top tier - although Lee Co. will constantly and consistently threaten to infiltrate and disrupt their realm. Sadly, the rest of the league will continue to navigate the annual homecoming fodder, trail of tears tour. Just my opinion … because what do I know, right?

Last edited:
They (Pinecrest/Scotland/Richmond) definitely compose the league’s top tier - although Lee Co. will constantly and consistently threaten to infiltrate and disrupt their realm. Sadly, the rest of the league will continue to navigate the annual homecoming fodder, trail of tears tour. Just my opinion … because what do I know, right?
🙏

New offense 1 of 2 10th grade QBs will be the starter. Top sack leader from last year hurt will miss time. On top of all that probably one of the toughest non conference schedule in state that only playing in-state. May be another long season.

Reactions: DaMouthOfDaSouth
Good luck to Richmond. I hope they make it to the best dance.

Who's your favorite in FL?

Reactions: DaMouthOfDaSouth
Good luck to Richmond. I hope they make it to the best dance.

Who's your favorite in FL?
In my area, Mainland (Daytona Beach) is stout and will be tough. Huge test for them in Week-1 vs. DeLand though; another program I believe that is set to have a huge season.

Reactions: -SWETT2VICTORY-
In my area, Mainland (Daytona Beach) is stout and will be tough. Huge test for them in Week-1 vs. DeLand though; another program I believe that is set to have a huge season.
Good deal.....
They are both some tough puppies.

New offense 1 of 2 10th grade QBs will be the starter. Top sack leader from last year hurt will miss time. On top of all that probably one of the toughest non conference schedule in state that only playing in-state. May be another long season.
Maybe if Richmond can win 2 out of the first 4 games and then play the conference games they will be able to salvage a winning season. If they run triple option like I’ve heard the QB better be athletic.

Reactions: dcov33
Remember what I told you coach. I graduated from Merritt Island. Maybe they can make some noise :)

Richmond’s coach Till says he had 140 players in practice. Lots of young players and a new offensive scheme to implement. Good that interest and participation is trending up. Scots coach Bailey has stated that he had the most players since before COVID. Can these 2 teams be competition for Pinecrest? Or can Lee county sneak up on some teams? 🏈
I'm waiting to see the 2023 Coach Till office comedy Slash Motivational boys working out in the gym throwing iron.

"no wut i'm sayin"

Maybe if Richmond can win 2 out of the first 4 games and then play the conference games they will be able to salvage a winning season. If they run triple option like I’ve heard the QB better be athletic.
One of them can. The other won’t be able to. If they go with that kid, it will be Luke Hoggard-ish. That was not pretty at all.

Not pretty? huh Yea who wants to avg. 37 pts a game and only score 521 pts. in a season with a 50% completion rate and qb rating of 93. All stats provided by maxpreps. 24 points a game and scoring 210 points in a season is a lot prettier. More to playing QB running triple option than being athletic, one Wiley brother was more athletic than the other but you tell me which one ran the option better. Same with the Hood brothers and they both grew up running that offense. Be a bit more judicious before you start degrading high school kids and yes i was a Luke Hoggard fan, just as i am for every kid that wears the green and gold.

Richmond averaged 42 points a game that year. Get out of here with your stereotypical BS
Not stereotypical at all. When Luke didn’t run it, it worked well. When he tried to keep it and hit the boundary, it didn’t work. That’s all I was saying. It’s not a stereotype.

Not pretty? huh Yea who wants to avg. 37 pts a game and only score 521 pts. in a season with a 50% completion rate and qb rating of 93. All stats provided by maxpreps. 24 points a game and scoring 210 points in a season is a lot prettier. More to playing QB running triple option than being athletic, one Wiley brother was more athletic than the other but you tell me which one ran the option better. Same with the Hood brothers and they both grew up running that offense. Be a bit more judicious before you start degrading high school kids and yes i was a Luke Hoggard fan, just as i am for every kid that wears the green and gold.
Luke is a grown man now.

Tedarius won a state championship. Derrick made it to the 3rd round of the playoffs. Luke was a good kid, but that system didn’t fit him. He was a drop back passer. Threw some of the most beautiful balls I’ve seen a QB at Richmond throw.

Not stereotypical at all. When Luke didn’t run it, it worked well. When he tried to keep it and hit the boundary, it didn’t work. That’s all I was saying. It’s not a stereotype.
Daily Show Idk GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

yeahhh never mind...

Well he is not a kid anymore and he sucked.

Oh you mean the year the offense he QB'ed scored 89 TD's, he rushed for 3.8 yds/carry and avg. 41 pt.s per game? That year? Yea he sucked and somehow they overcame such a sucky QB winning 13 games and playing for a state championship. Talk about good coaching

I love how him growing into an adult makes it ok to publicly belittle his performance as a 15 year old. Wish we could all have been as perfect at being teenagers as a couple of you were. Again i am going to defend any kid who was tough enough to bleed, sweat and work to wear that green and gold.

Am I saying he was the best QB to ever play the position? No absolutely not, far from it but he d&@n sure wasn't as bad as some of you are making him out to be.

Amazing that man and his family left almost 10 years ago and people are still dragging them through the mud like they are trash.

Reactions: Bullzye
Back to the original topic, the top teams (Richmond, Scotland and Pinecrest) better make sure they take care of the games they are suppose to win in conference. Because I can easily see a scenario where they give each other a loss, hard to imagine either of those teams losing to both, barring a season changing injury or rash of injuries. Should be a very interesting and entertaining year

Oh you mean the year the offense he QB'ed scored 89 TD's, he rushed for 3.8 yds/carry and avg. 41 pt.s per game? That year? Yea he sucked and somehow they overcame such a sucky QB winning 13 games and playing for a state championship. Talk about good coaching

I love how him growing into an adult makes it ok to publicly belittle his performance as a 15 year old. Wish we could all have been as perfect at being teenagers as a couple of you were. Again i am going to defend any kid who was tough enough to bleed, sweat and work to wear that green and gold.

Am I saying he was the best QB to ever play the position? No absolutely not, far from it but he d&@n sure wasn't as bad as some of you are making him out to be.

Amazing that man and his family left almost 10 years ago and people are still dragging them through the mud like they are trash.

That team was lead by a rushing attack, how about you put his stats up. Please do not try that word play mess with me. He QB’ed a that scored 89 Td’s right just hand the ball off. At Richmond he was not very good. Game Manager at best.

I will agree with the coaching….

That team was lead by a rushing attack, how about you put his stats up. Please do not try that word play mess with me. He QB’ed a that scored 89 Td’s right just hand the ball off. At Richmond he was not very good. Game Manager at best.
The Raiders are rumored to be running the triple option this year we'll compare his stats to Richmond's in November. The QB situation will be very comparable. You guys sure do miss those ten and eleven wins per season...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT