#5 EAST LINCOLN 44 AT #4 NORTH DAVIDSON 64
==========================
#19 ENKA 56 AT #6 BEN L SMITH 54
#7 PARKWOOD 71 AT #2 NORTH BUNCOMBE 61

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
She’s pretty impressive and has a great attitude/demeanor. I really thought a local D1 would want her- HPU, Elon, UNCG etc but Wingate has a great D2 team.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
She’s pretty impressive and has a great attitude/demeanor. I really thought a local D1 would want her- HPU, Elon, UNCG etc but Wingate has a great D2 team.
Local D-1's have probably kept an eye on her since she was a freshman. I think she'll have a good career at Wingate. That's a nice fit for her.

What you thought about Hege I thought the same thing about Malea Garrison (Providence Grove). I thought (and still do) she could've played at the D-1 level. She ended up going to Queens in Charlotte and she's done well so far.

Yeah I’m not sure that it hurt that the majority of her career she played in 2A, even though she was on the aau circuit.
Theres been a few players over the years that played at Ledford and E Davidson, when they were strong, that could’ve played at a bigger school IMO. Not sure if being a rural 2A school hurt them.

Yeah I’m not sure that it hurt that the majority of her career she played in 2A, even though she was on the aau circuit.
Theres been a few players over the years that played at Ledford and E Davidson, when they were strong, that could’ve played at a bigger school IMO. Not sure if being a rural 2A school hurt them.
First person that came to mind when I read this was Bayley Plummer. I was always baffled by the lack of interest from the major schools when she played for ED. I thought she had the physicality and tools to play at that level. She had an awesome career at App State. I think she ended up being the all-time rebounder.

Just curious, does anyone know much about Smith? I noticed their top players this year weren’t on their roster last year and appears they had quite a few players transfer in. Do they play aau together?

Just curious, does anyone know much about Smith? I noticed their top players this year weren’t on their roster last year and appears they had quite a few players transfer in. Do they play aau together?
From what Smith's Head Coach said earlier last week on a local Greensboro Sports Page (Greensboro Sports Page). About 6 players transferred from Triad Math and Science Charter School here in Greensboro. The school is in Smith School District. He had coached them at that school before leaving along with his sister to become the Head Coach at Smith and her the Assistant coach. The girls wanted to follow him. Then the rest of the girls on the team was aready at Smith, they played AAU, Etc....but didn't want to play at Smith because of the poor seasons, until now. Out of the whole roster from last season, only 2 or 3 girls were on this year roster. The team definitely had a total makeover due to girls that now wanted to play for Smith and that Coach. Then it is 3 more girls stars that are on the AAU team and will be rising Freshmen that will join the team. They only losing 2 Seniors from this team. 1 got playing time, they other one didn't. The starting 5 was 2 juniors and 3 Sophomores. Plus out of 14 Ladies, only 1 Senior (5Jrs, 5 So, 3 Freshmen. They didn't have a JV sqaud this season, but the interest is high that they will next season.

From what Smith's Head Coach said earlier last week on a local Greensboro Sports Page (Greensboro Sports Page). About 6 players transferred from Triad Math and Science Charter School here in Greensboro. The school is in Smith School District. He had coached them at that school before leaving along with his sister to become the Head Coach at Smith and her the Assistant coach. The girls wanted to follow him. Then the rest of the girls on the team was aready at Smith, they played AAU, Etc....but didn't want to play at Smith because of the poor seasons, until now. Out of the whole roster from last season, only 2 or 3 girls were on this year roster. The team definitely had a total makeover due to girls that now wanted to play for Smith and that Coach. Then it is 3 more girls stars that are on the AAU team and will be rising Freshmen that will join the team. They only losing 2 Seniors from this team. 1 got playing time, they other one didn't. The starting 5 was 2 juniors and 3 Sophomores. Plus out of 14 Ladies, only 1 Senior (5Jrs, 5 So, 3 Freshmen. They didn't have a JV sqaud this season, but the interest is high that they will next season.
So it’s the local public school taking kids from the nearby charter? I guess turnabout’s fair play…

Wow, that's very, very interesting. Triad Math and Science? That's the school off Industrial Avenue, right? Had no idea they had a team. I wonder what kind of conference they play in.
They aren’t in the NCHSAA…play in something called Carolina Athletic Association for Schools of Choice. Kind of a hodgepodge of charter schools, home school outfits, and teams like Combine Academy. Wilson Prep was in it until a few years ago when they came to NCHSAA.

Last edited:
Wow, that's very, very interesting. Triad Math and Science? That's the school off Industrial Avenue, right? Had no idea they had a team. I wonder what kind of conference they play in.
Triad Math & Science Academy is at 700 Creek Ridge Rd. About 2.6 miles away from Smith High. They in conference with Piedmont Classical and New Garden Friends School at Guilford College. Looking at their record from this year, they only had a 5-13 season. Playing other Charter schools from Forsyth, Davison, Burlington, Cary, Etc! The school has about 700 Students. The current Smith Starters of PG Soph #14 Azaria Scott, C 5-9 Soph #11 Azahrrya Drayton-Hill and 6th Women SF 5-9 #20 Kalia Daye all came from TMSA from the 2020-21 Team.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT