ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville at Thomas Jefferson

Got a feeling this will be closer then most think, not convinced rville has the defense needed...

I can agree with that , but consider this a big compliment I feel like Robbinsville has the best offense of any team we have faced this year. They have 2 backs that can take it to the house on any given play and can pass the rock too.

If history tells us anything , TJ has struggled with physical teams and Robbinsville is as physical as it gets.

My question is how will the bus ride and playing at someone else's place effect them. I could see this as a close game but my gut tells.me Rville by 21

It was TJ 13-3 at the half and snapped punt over punters head put them inside the 10. Bishop was very physical and score should have been 7-6 at half. TJ QB took a beatin in first half as per my sources. If Robbinsville can be physical they will be in good position.

Got a feeling this will be closer then most think, not convinced rville has the defense needed...
I’m concerned about defense also. They have gave up a lot of points the last couple of games which I don’t understand. BUT their offense is clicking on all cylinders. Robbinsville by 14 in a high scoring game

I’m concerned about defense also. They have gave up a lot of points the last couple of games which I don’t understand. BUT their offense is clicking on all cylinders. Robbinsville by 14 in a high scoring game
If Dee leaves all 11 defensive starters in the entire game, you can take alot of opponents points off the scoreboard the last few games. Robbinsville defense is 2nd behind Murphy in the SMC in points allowed.

Thomas Jefferson has one regular season opponent still playing; North Lincoln who is 2aa, who TJ beat. Robbinsville also has one regular season opponent still playing; Murphy who is 1a, who beat Robbinsville.

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
What's their record against SMC opponents
3-4, lost to Andrews in 2013 in 1st round and Cherokee last year, beat Rosman in 2012, 2013, 2014 and lost to Rosman in 2012 in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Kill the head and the body will die....put a spy on tj"s qb...from what i saw in game vs MIC he is there team!

Until that league wins a game against the SMC, I'll say they win by at least 3 TDs. I'd say if TJ was in the SMC this year, there would be a fight for 3rd place. They might be good, but when you play bad competition, you get used to easy wins and it won't be easy next week.

Robbinsville by 1 if we are lucky.

Robbinsville is like 8-0 vs TJ. We played them alot.

This will be Thomas Jefferson's biggest home game since the school opened....Anytime you have a team with the reputation and prestige of Robbinsville coming to your house for the playoffs, it makes for a fun week for Coaches, Players and Fans...

The McMullen kid is very talented, and the Gryphons seem to have reloaded from a very talented JV team last year to complete their first ever unbeaten regular season, receiving their first ever #1 seed for the playoffs to boot...Hard to believe when you see where this program was when it began a few years ago....

Robbinsville will likely bring the most potent rushing attack that TJ has seen this year, and we all know that Dee will have his Black Knights ready to play...

On the other side, this is Thomas Jefferson's chance to quite all the doubters, and make a mark for themselves in their brief history....A win, and the Gryphons will host their first ever Western Regional Final....

The Gryphons have heard for a year now how they can't match the physicality of the SMC, and how their season will end when they matchup with a SMC heavyweight....

The wait is almost over: Show me what you got Thomas Jefferson!

Got to go over to some kinfolks home this morning for some breakfast and some HUDL..Thomas Jefferson looks very good on film..lots of athletes.
They are the real deal.
We will be lucky to win.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Robbinsville by 1 if we are lucky.

Robbinsville is like 8-0 vs TJ. We played them alot.

I don’t believe Robbinsville and TJ have ever played at the Varsity level. There were a few JV and MS games between 2009-2011 (all wins for the Knights) if my memory is correct. In fact, the JV schedule included Murphy, Rosman and Swain so hats off to the SMC schools for helping TJ get started.

I think this is going to be a great matchup this Friday night.

Reactions: dmcamp
It could've been jv. I dont remember.

Actually it would've been junior high. We dont have middle school team.never have.

Reactions: dmcamp
If tj couldn't stop Mic running back they will not stop Robbinsville either.Anderson is one of if not the best rb in the mountains.Robbinsville wins this one

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT